• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for showdown tuesday

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a cute cliche, but unless your starting 5 plan on playing 40 minutes each, then it isn't really 5 on 5. I still think MSU wins, but to act like depth doesn't matter is pure ignorance.

Say what you will about the MSU starting 5, but UK has the better athletes. They key to this game is going to be teamwork for MSU, not talent. On defense they need to put UK in positions where they can't turn it into a one on one game. I expect to see lots of traps and double-teams. i.e. putting players in situations where they have to rely on their teammates. I suspect their lack of experience playing together will result in several turnovers.

On offense they need to have good ball movement and patience. Don't force anything with lots of time remaining on the shot clock. Missed shots will hurt them as UK likes to score in transition. So far their half court offense (like most of Calipari's teams) is pretty uninspired.

You were saying??? Clear implication that talent wont win MSU the game which means you dont consider them the more talented of the 2 teams. Which I simply said was wrong. As it appears Im spot on on my prediction so far.

Last edited by a moderator:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were saying??? Clear implication that talent wont win MSU the game which means you dont consider them the more talented of the 2 teams. Which I simply said was wrong. As it appears Im spot on on my prediction so far.

Well, as I said before, you've already stated several times that you don't know anything about this UK team, so while you may have a dead-on assessment of MSU, you can't make a valid comparison unless you know something about both teams.

That being said, the talent is pretty even on the teams. The edge that MSU has is teamwork/experience. So again, stop putting words in my mouth. If I wanted to say that UK was the more talented of the two teams, I would have come out and said that. But I didn't, so fuck off. If you haven't noticed, I'm about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the temple. I don't imply. I state. I can't help it of you're so desperate for an internet fight that you're making things up.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, as I said before, you've already stated several times that you don't know anything about this UK team, so while you may have a dead-on assessment of MSU, you can't make a valid comparison unless you know something about both teams.

That being said, the talent is pretty even on the teams. The edge that MSU has is teamwork/experience. So again, stop putting words in my mouth. If I wanted to say that UK was the more talented of the two teams, I would have come out and said that. But I didn't, so fuck off. If you haven't noticed, I'm about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the temple. I don't imply. I state. I can't help it of you're so desperate for an internet fight that you're making things up.

LOL, geez Trolly Im just tossing my 2 cents in. Youre the one getting riled. Its not just me that knows nothing about this UK team. You dont either. No one does. Thats the point and the problem with a turnover rate like UK has. Im on record saying UK could go 38-2 and win the title or go 19-15 and lose in the NIT. Its just the way it is right now. Clearly the class was VERY highly ranked so that speaks to potential but I dont see anything wrong with saying MSU has the better proven talent and more experience. Hell I didnt even know that anyone would consider that to be worth getting worked up about since its clearly true. :suds:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, geez Trolly Im just tossing my 2 cents in. Youre the one getting riled. Its not just me that knows nothing about this UK team. You dont either. No one does. Thats the point and the problem with a turnover rate like UK has. Im on record saying UK could go 38-2 and win the title or go 19-15 and lose in the NIT. Its just the way it is right now. Clearly the class was VERY highly ranked so that speaks to potential but I dont see anything wrong with saying MSU has the better proven talent and more experience. Hell I didnt even know that anyone would consider that to be worth getting worked up about since its clearly true. :suds:

No, you're not tossing your 2 cents in, you're criticizing my 2 cents. I've not argued with any points you've made. You're the one who got his panties in a twist because you imagined I said UK was more talented.

And don't speak for me as far as what I know or don't know. You've admitted you know nothing about UK. That doesn't mean I don't.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State has a very good chance to win it all this year. The B1G is gonna be another tough year.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State looks very very good. Think we're in for a fun year. Lots of very good teams nobody completely dominant.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at kensucky

Duke over Kansas
Wisconsin over Florida

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know UK had a top recruiting class last year as well (every year). They were awful in an awful conference.

They ALWAYS have talent, but HS is HS, it is not college.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VCU just drained a 3 at the end to win it

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both teams with early season sloppiness. good game though. Nice fight from young cats

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lmao at kensucky

Duke over Kansas
Wisconsin over Florida

Really? Were you laughing when UK tied it up? Game on the line with 2 minutes and a group of "seasoned players" hang on to win by 4 over a bunch of "inexperienced freshman". Please tell me oh great "Desert Dumbass" what you're laughing your ass off about.

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanemansj13
They ALWAYS have talent, but HS is HS, it is not college.

Wow! Even though they have talent...you think when freshmen come to college it's too big of a step for them to beat an experienced team?:yield::yield:

I can certainly understand that viewpoint.:bullshit:

Say, how did your Buckeyes do the last couple of times they played some of those inexperienced HS players that UK had?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanemansj13

Wow! Even though they have talent...you think when freshmen come to college it's too big of a step for them to beat an experienced team?:yield::yield:

Say, how did your Buckeyes do the last couple of times they played some of those inexperienced HS players that UK had?

To be fair Tango those UK-OSU games came in the tournament which is far different than an early season game. I dont think anyone questions that UK could make a DEEP run in the tourney this year but its tougher to come in and beat a talent laden foe early in the year for young teams.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look at that. I picked MSU and KU and went 2-0 on the night. I also said efficient scoring for MSU would be key to keep UK from scoring in transition. How many points did UK have in transition last night? I think the stat I saw said 2.

Also, Randle was clearly the best athlete, and best player on the floor in that game. MSU with the two best? Ha!

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? Were you laughing when UK tied it up? Game on the line with 2 minutes and a group of "seasoned players" hang on to win by 4 over a bunch of "inexperienced freshman".

Last night's games were all I hoped for - 4 great programs playing high-level basketball in the first week of what promises to be a historic season for collegiate hoops. I know it can't be helped, but I absolutely HATE the emphasis everybody's playing on next May's NBA Draft race between Randle, Parker and Wiggins. (the assholes at ESPiN spent the whole morning raving about the future lottery chances of those three kids, and not a minute talking about those 4 TEAMS.) Fuck that shit! Fuck the NBA!

One wonders how coach Self and coach K like the fact that the media world cares less about their programs, their teams, than their NBA-caliber superstars. One wonders how many Wildcat fans (especially alumni) writhe at the thought of their school's heritage being usurped/mutated by a hugely successful, albeit self-serving, coach...into a perennial semi-pro prima donna factory - where attention is directed to individual achievement rather than team success.

Fuck that shit! Fuck the NBA!

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shanemansj13

It was the tourney and they won on a buzzer-beater. They played good but got lucky, you even know that.

It is a big step, but you don't always know what your getting, like last year they were awful. The year before that they won it all. It can go either way. Don't get your feelings hurt over it, it's just the way it is. :laugh3:

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
H2s, Having friends in Lexington, I can tell you the "old guard" isn't really thrilled with all of the NBA emphasis at UK, but like so many things in life, winning give you a pretty long leash.

And in general I agree with your sentiments above, but I also have a hard time blaming ESPN last night. I think they went a little too far with it, but the stars aligned in remarkable fashion last night (no pun intended) as far as the 3 biggest incoming freshmen all playing in the same event. It didn't need to be the focal point, but it was an inescapable story line.

But from what I saw they were pushing the "Look at the Wunderkind!" story even more than the #1 vs #2 (and #4 vs #5) matchup which is bullshit.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey look at that. I picked MSU and KU and went 2-0 on the night. I also said efficient scoring for MSU would be key to keep UK from scoring in transition. How many points did UK have in transition last night? I think the stat I saw said 2.

Also, Randle was clearly the best athlete, and best player on the floor in that game. MSU with the two best? Ha!

Randle was a stud Trolly. Thats for sure. VERY impressive. A little disappointed in Harrison but he showed flashes for sure.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Parker aslo looked great for Duke but what was the deal with him having like 3 separate plays where he did a jump stop and then took 2 more steps before making a layup??? Is CBB turning into the NBA now where you can take 4 steps as long as you are a "star"??? The one play he made it from behind the 3 point line to the rim ( going around 2 KU guys in the process) without even dribbling.... LOL.

H2S

entropica robusta
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trolly...

hell, nobody can blame ESPiN for making the most out of a unique situation (that's just good marketing - EXPLOIT EXPLOIT EXPLOIT!) I'm just not too thrilled at the prospect of being barraged for the next four months with weekly updates on next May's fucking NBA Lottery Race...followed, as afterthought, by team analyses covering the improvements/maturation of both 'young' teams like Kentucky AND 'experienced' teams like MSU.

btw, glad to see you posting here.

:suds: