• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for showdown tuesday

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kentucky may have 38 NBA players but last I checked its five on five.

That's a cute cliche, but unless your starting 5 plan on playing 40 minutes each, then it isn't really 5 on 5. I still think MSU wins, but to act like depth doesn't matter is pure ignorance.

Say what you will about the MSU starting 5, but UK has the better athletes. They key to this game is going to be teamwork for MSU, not talent. On defense they need to put UK in positions where they can't turn it into a one on one game. I expect to see lots of traps and double-teams. i.e. putting players in situations where they have to rely on their teammates. I suspect their lack of experience playing together will result in several turnovers.

On offense they need to have good ball movement and patience. Don't force anything with lots of time remaining on the shot clock. Missed shots will hurt them as UK likes to score in transition. So far their half court offense (like most of Calipari's teams) is pretty uninspired.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a cute cliche, but unless your starting 5 plan on playing 40 minutes each, then it isn't really 5 on 5. I still think MSU wins, but to act like depth doesn't matter is pure ignorance.

Say what you will about the MSU starting 5, but UK has the better athletes. They key to this game is going to be teamwork for MSU, not talent. On defense they need to put UK in positions where they can't turn it into a one on one game. I expect to see lots of traps and double-teams. i.e. putting players in situations where they have to rely on their teammates. I suspect their lack of experience playing together will result in several turnovers.

On offense they need to have good ball movement and patience. Don't force anything with lots of time remaining on the shot clock. Missed shots will hurt them as UK likes to score in transition. So far their half court offense (like most of Calipari's teams) is pretty uninspired.

You think UK has better athletes based on what??? Their play against high school kids?? Not to be an ass but at this time last year UK was ranked top 5 and we heard about how "great" their class of recruits was. They then proceeded to suck for most of the year. Is it possible UK has better athletes?? Sure. But to assume they do based on 1 game against a scrub team is nuts. I can promise you one thing and thats that the 2 best players on the court tonight will be wearing green and white. UK could win for sure but its more likely that Sparty fucking crushes them IMO.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You think UK has better athletes based on what??? Their play against high school kids?? Not to be an ass but at this time last year UK was ranked top 5 and we heard about how "great" their class of recruits was. They then proceeded to suck for most of the year. Is it possible UK has better athletes?? Sure. But to assume they do based on 1 game against a scrub team is nuts. I can promise you one thing and thats that the 2 best players on the court tonight will be wearing green and white. UK could win for sure but its more likely that Sparty fucking crushes them IMO.

So you don't want to act like an ass, but you're going to act like an ass anyway. Nice.

For starters, UK has already played 2 regular season games, not one. They've also played 2 exhibition games, not to mention I've seen most of the freshmen playing AAU and All Star games for the last 2 years. Are those games great indicators of how good a player is going to be? Nope. Are those games a good indication of how athletic a player is? Absofuckinglutely.

So, do you want to actually bring anything of substance to the discussion, do you want to continue to act like an ass, or should we just agree to disagree and move on?

ktg8trgrl

Go Gators!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,351.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah.... Wisky by 8. B10 may suck in FB but they kick your ass in BB. LOL

Orly? Last year we beat Wisky 74-56, and Minny 78-64 plus making a third straight elite 8 can the B1G say the same? That answer is No btw.. and yes we ended up losing to Michigan.. but we will see how we do tonight.. have 4 of 5 returning starters

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you don't want to act like an ass, but you're going to act like an ass anyway. Nice.

For starters, UK has already played 2 regular season games, not one. They've also played 2 exhibition games, not to mention I've seen most of the freshmen playing AAU and All Star games for the last 2 years. Are those games great indicators of how good a player is going to be? Nope. Are those games a good indication of how athletic a player is? Absofuckinglutely.

So, do you want to actually bring anything of substance to the discussion, do you want to continue to act like an ass, or should we just agree to disagree and move on?

I did bring substance. None of the freshman on the UK team have played a team as anywhere close to as good as this MSU team and thats just facts. MSU has plenty of talent and the 2 best PROVEN players on the floor. You can hypothesize about the Cats talent and claim it to be better but the reality of the situation is the only proven guys on UK were proven to be NIT first round losers. The rest is just guessing.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orly? Last year we beat Wisky 74-56, and Minny 78-64 plus making a third straight elite 8 can the B1G say the same? That answer is No btw.. and yes we ended up losing to Michigan.. but we will see how we do tonight.. have 4 of 5 returning starters

LOL. Just busting you up KT. I actually think UF should probably win this game. Wisky is breaking in some new guys and Gasser is still trying to get back to full strength. It should be a good one though for sure.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did bring substance. None of the freshman on the UK team have played a team as anywhere close to as good as this MSU team and thats just facts. MSU has plenty of talent and the 2 best PROVEN players on the floor. You can hypothesize about the Cats talent and claim it to be better but the reality of the situation is the only proven guys on UK were proven to be NIT first round losers. The rest is just guessing.

And that has fuck-all to do with UK being more athletic than MSU which is what I said. All looks and no brains, this one. But you do know I also picked MSU to win, right? Just not by the retarded margin that you did.

brandonk989

Hoopla Cash
$ 965.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll go Sparty 77 Kentucky 64 and then in the night cap Duke 82 Kansas 77.

And Wisconsin gets Florida 60-54. Very tough to go in there and win.

MSUCTM96

USCG Master Captain
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
is pure ignorance
Yeah, I have a Masters in Business from MSU, A Florida Real Estate Licence, A Florida Property Management Licence, and a USCG 100 Ton Master Captans Licencse. Go fuck your self.

Flag hunter

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mich St over Kentucky

Kansas over Duke

TangoBlue

I'd cabeceo that cutie!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by rmilia1

And that has fuck-all to do with UK being more athletic than MSU which is what I said. All looks and no brains, this one. But you do know I also picked MSU to win, right? Just not by the retarded margin that you did.

rmilia1...you better get ready to bring your A game if you're going to debate Trolly. She/he's a good poster who will bust your chops if you don't bring valid points and equitable and sensible discussion. I've seen it too many times on the CBS forum. You'll end up Feeling like ducking:wtf2:

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will bet on the duke game

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MSU and Duke

Goin with the 2 more experienced teams

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see how you can give a team that didnt even make the tourney last season a number one ranking.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I have a Masters in Business from MSU, A Florida Real Estate Licence, A Florida Property Management Licence, and a USCG 100 Ton Master Captans Licencse. Go fuck your self.

And that has fuck-all to do with UK and MSU's bench.

Like I said. Pure ignorance.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Originally Posted by rmilia1

rmilia1...you better get ready to bring your A game if you're going to debate Trolly. She/he's a good poster who will bust your chops if you don't bring valid points and equitable and sensible discussion. I've seen it too many times on the CBS forum. You'll end up Feeling like ducking:wtf2:

Im all good. Trolly brought up athleticism which is fine but then said the key to MSU winning would be teamwork not talent which is a clear implication that UK has the better talent. They dont. Thats all I was pointing out. Im not even sure they have the better athletes and neither is anyone else because their athleticism has only been proven against other high schoolers and 2 scrub teams.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Men vs Boys

UK has alot of talent but so does MSU and the 2 best players on the court ( as I said before) are Payne and Harris. Tough to win a neutral court game when the other teams has the 2 best players and the experience. Alot of time left though and this class was ranked #1 for a reason. Im sure UK will make a push.

TrollyMcTroller

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im all good. Trolly brought up athleticism which is fine but then said the key to MSU winning would be teamwork not talent which is a clear implication that UK has the better talent. They dont. Thats all I was pointing out. Im not even sure they have the better athletes and neither is anyone else because their athleticism has only been proven against other high schoolers and 2 scrub teams.

I said the key was teamwork. I didn't say anything about talent. You brought that up. I neither stated nor implied that UK had better talent. You invented some slight against MSU that I never actually said. MSU is the more experienced team. It makes sense that they make the most of that regardless of how talented they are.

Considering you've already stated multiple times that you have no idea how good UK is this season, you'll forgive me if I just assume you're just being an ass again, as it seems like you just can't help yourself.