• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for #29

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three names and I expect one of the three to be called for us:

McKinley
Willis
Awuzie

I know Watt is the flashy name around here but meh

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curveball: trade out of the first round.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Curveball: trade out of the first round.
I could easily see us doing that. However it nearly impossible to predict trades so I wanted to list players.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I could easily see us doing that. However it nearly impossible to predict trades so I wanted to list players.

One big wildcard is how many offensive skill positions get drafted before #29? I think the larger that number, the more likely the Packers keep #29; the smaller, the more likely they trade down.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm torn. Cook or King. I know Mixon is there, but I think Cook is the best RB there.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
M I X O N

I wouldn't hate that. Wouldn't hate Dalvin Cook either.

That said, I think it's more likely that we go CB or OL. Cam Robinson and Forrest Lamp are a couple of linemen most folks thought would be gone before #29. Still a bunch of corners available who have made appearances in many first round mocks.

Teddy has a lot of time to digest the remaining talent, do a little extra homework and make a well-educated decision. It'll be interesting to see which way we go.

game

Hoopla Cash
$ 9.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't hate that. Wouldn't hate Dalvin Cook either.

That said, I think it's more likely that we go CB or OL. Cam Robinson and Forrest Lamp are a couple of linemen most folks thought would be gone before #29. Still a bunch of corners available who have made appearances in many first round mocks.

Teddy has a lot of time to digest the remaining talent, do a little extra homework and make a well-educated decision. It'll be interesting to see which way we go.

Almost seems like he wants to trade down again. Mentioning the phone lines are still open. Usually he doesn't offer that much to the media.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost seems like he wants to trade down again. Mentioning the phone lines are still open. Usually he doesn't offer that much to the media.

I'm getting that feeling too. I don't think he's in love with any of the guys at the top of the player rankings boards, so he's probably seeing if he can add a couple more darts to throw at the board later. I've got no problem with that either. Typically, Teddy is better at drafting in rounds 2-4 than he is in 1 anyway.

Last edited:

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they go

RB
CB
OL
ILB

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In that order? I'd prefer:

CB
OLB
ILB
RB
OL

I agree with all of the positions you stated, but are you really comfortable with Michaels and Montgomerey as the primary backs?

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope they go

RB
CB
OL
ILB

In that order? I'd prefer:

CB
OLB
ILB
RB
OL

I think it's not the best draft philosophy to target positions as ultimate priority. I think it's better to target players you would want on your football team and take the best one available (regardless of position) when it's your turn to make your selection.

In this case, I agree that we need to draft some CBs, but there are a lot of CBs remaining with similar grades/strengths/weaknesses and I think we could hook one with our second 2nd round pick.

To me, if we do keep #33, I would strongly consider Robinson and Lamp over any of the available CBs. Robinson was widely considered the best offensive lineman in the draft and he's still available. Lamp is widely considered the best interior lineman in the draft and he's still available.

I would definitely like a long-term solution at RB and it sure would be tempting to snag Mixon or Cook, but I also realize that the Packers' offense has always been at its best when the ball is in Aaron Rodgers' hands. Having a strong wall in front of him is more important to me than having a big-name player behind him.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with all of the positions you stated, but are you really comfortable with Michaels and Montgomerey as the primary backs?

I'm not comfortable with those guys but expect TT will find a real good back in the later rounds. It's supposed to be a deep draft at RB.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it's not the best draft philosophy to target positions as ultimate priority. I think it's better to target players you would want on your football team and take the best one available (regardless of position) when it's your turn to make your selection.

I agree that it's best not to draft by position. My list is just a wish list based on my (totally amateur) perception of where the needs are.

I expect TT will trade a couple more times (up or down) to target players. I suspect he's got a list of good candidates in the mid rounds that will take care of needs. I just wish he had a couple of #1 picks to get guys who are more likely to start right away.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not comfortable with those guys but expect TT will find a real good back in the later rounds. It's supposed to be a deep draft at RB.

I think Montgomery and Michael can be adequate first & second down backs and Montgomery can be an adequate 3rd & long back. It's 3rd & short/goalline where we really need help this year...between the tackles straight ahead with Rip leading (not carrying).

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I agree that it's best not to draft by position. My list is just a wish list based on my (totally amateur) perception of where the needs are.

I expect TT will trade a couple more times (up or down) to target players. I suspect he's got a list of good candidates in the mid rounds that will take care of needs. I just wish he had a couple of #1 picks to get guys who are more likely to start right away.

If there's one regret with trading back, it's that Reuben Foster was available when he pulled the trigger. I think he could've been a start-right-away ILB.

Vegas

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,631.83
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there's one regret with trading back, it's that Reuben Foster was available when he pulled the trigger. I think he could've been a start-right-away ILB.

Foster was a risky pick. He has some character question marks as well as a failed drug test. He may be the next of the 49er LBs to have legal issues. I have no issue with TT passing on him.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My list is just a wish list based on my (totally amateur) perception of where the needs are.

And by the way, I'm glad you joined this board. Your humble and judicious approach is welcome. You represent Packers fans well.