• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for 2017-2018 NBA Season

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....already debunked--- LeBron DEFINITELY leaving

I can see why all of these shit eating weasels would jump on a report like that- but the pure stupidity of it on August 17th is only matched by their desire to want to believe it.

If there was one year where something strange could happen and OKC could somehow make a run it would just be the ultimate. IT would screw over so many of the best laid plans. lol.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 off the cuff bold/not so bold predictions, streaks ending etc.

1. Twolves streak of utter incompetence ends. Over half the teams make the playoffs in the NBA. Its been well over a decade since the Twolves made the playoffs- that ends this year

2. Giannis becomes a top 10 player.

3. If Kyrie is traded Lebron will win the MVP and further separate himself as the 2nd best of all time

4. The Magic are the worst team in the East.

5. The Kings and Lakers will fight for worst team in the West.

6. The Celtics will flirt with winning 60 games.

7. Joel Embiid plays over 65 games and takes the leap and establishes himself as easily the best Big Man in the East.

8. George and RW will fit together well and enjoy playing together. Adams takes a step up and becomes an elite defensive center.

9. Devin Booker establishes himself as a future star.

10. CP3 makes his FIRST conference finals

11. Cousins is dealt

12. Mavericks start putting it together in the 2nd half. Dennis Smith is not ROY- but is top 3.

13. Lakers fail to win a playoff game for the 6th straight year.

14. Atlanta and Memphis fall apart.

15. Toronto makes the Conference Finals

16. Fox is the ROY

17. Gobert is the DPOY

18. The Clippers blow it up and fire Doc

19. Denver takes the next step and sets themselves up for the future. Jokic becomes an ALL NBA stud

20. Justice Winslow shoots below 40% from the field

21. JJ Redick becomes a HUGE acquisition for the Sixers

22. The Knicks and Cavs trade Porzingis and Noah for Kyrie Irving and cap flotsam

23. Victor Oladipo puts up a helluva lot of empty stats- as will D. Russell on the Nets

24. San Antonio trades Aldridge

25. Dwade is a Cav by the buy-out deadline

26. Carmelo gets bought out and goes to Houston

27. Bosh works out for multiple teams trying to get back in the league but does not succeed

28. Hornets push a first round series to 7 but lose vs. the Celtics. Malik Monk plays great ball as a scorer off the bench.

29. Utah makes a major trade involving Favors

30. Avery Bradley plays GREAT ball in Detroit- one of the most underrated acquisitions of the offseason.

31. Kevin Love follows up a great season with another great season and is a guy LeBron can depend on.

32. Jamal Murray of the Nuggets starts to show real star potential

33. Boston makes a real effort to trade the farm for Anthony Davis

33 predictions and no Whiteside meltdowns on the list?

Prediction 34. You will go back into cu nt mode soon enough.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol....already debunked--- LeBron DEFINITELY leaving

I can see why all of these shit eating weasels would jump on a report like that- but the pure stupidity of it on August 17th is only matched by their desire to want to believe it.

If there was one year where something strange could happen and OKC could somehow make a run it would just be the ultimate. IT would screw over so many of the best laid plans. lol.

Talk to the man who tweeted it.
Nothing is definite a year in advance, but unless Cavs win this year lets go with 'chances are'.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 predictions and no Whiteside meltdowns on the list?

Prediction 34. You will go back into cu nt mode soon enough.
Whiteside and the Heat will do what they did last year--- Whiteside will put up stats- the Heat will not win a playoff series. and the season will be over. I mean- over the next 2-3 years that will be wash, rinse, repeat.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk to the man who tweeted it.
Nothing is definite a year in advance, but unless Cavs win this year lets go with 'chances are'.
making a prediction either way before their is a decision/trade on Kyrie doesnt make any sense.

I think its either the Lakers or Cavs- i dont see an option C where LeBron does not look like a mercenary- but the Lakers wont give LeBron the opp. to win anytime soon unless they somehow get a 3rd star.

They have some good young pieces to trade for that third star- ASSUMING George goes there (which is still just an assumption and is far from certain)--

If the CAvs can make a good enough Kyrie trade to remain the bar-none best team in the East and basically guarantee Finals trips- LeBron isnt going to leave there to go to a Lakers team that isnt ready yet if they insist on holding onto their young guys- not like the Lakers have any draft assets to trade- itll have to be the young guys. You think any team is gonna give up a real asset for the right to pay Julius Randlle a ton of money in restricted free agency? ha.

Now 2 more years down the line when LeBron would be 36 that december when Ingram and Ball would at least be close to ready?--- sure LeBron....at that point--- thats prob better for the Cavs than giving LeBron a 5 year supermax into his late thirties early fourties.

A think a trade with the Bobcats is fairly intriguing for the short term benefit of the team- but they already have Kemba. The Knicks and Porzingis are not exactly happy with eachother. Kyrie would be a HUGE draw in New York with his game. If the Cavs decide to swallow Noah's contract I could see that happening and Porzingis would be a great fit with LeBron.

Its impossible to see where this is going until the Irving issue is resolved. While trading Irving kills the Cavs long term viablity after LeBron begins to age out--- trading Irving definitely has the possibility of improving the team in the short term depending on what they can get.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whiteside and the Heat will do what they did last year--- Whiteside will put up stats- the Heat will not win a playoff series. and the season will be over. I mean- over the next 2-3 years that will be wash, rinse, repeat.

We'll see about the heat not winning a playoffs series. That all depends on seeding IMO

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see about the heat not winning a playoffs series. That all depends on seeding IMO
the 4 best teams in the East - i think- as do most people- are pretty clearly Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, Washington.

Do I see the Heat beating any one of those teams- even IF they get the 5th seed?

that answer is No.

I think most people would call the Bucks the 5th best team.

Philly has infinitely more upside than Miami- but is young and injury prone. Charlotte has a pretty nice roster.

I think the HEat will most likely be anywhere from the 5th seed to the 8th seed-- if they stay healthy------ most likely either 6th or 7th.

that leaves a first round matchup with prob. either Cleveland or Washington- both of which they would be large underdogs against.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the 4 best teams in the East - i think- as do most people- are pretty clearly Cleveland, Boston, Toronto, Washington.

Do I see the Heat beating any one of those teams- even IF they get the 5th seed?

that answer is No.

I think most people would call the Bucks the 5th best team.

Philly has infinitely more upside than Miami- but is young and injury prone. Charlotte has a pretty nice roster.

I think the HEat will most likely be anywhere from the 5th seed to the 8th seed-- if they stay healthy------ most likely either 6th or 7th.

that leaves a first round matchup with prob. either Cleveland or Washington- both of which they would be large underdogs against.

Toronto can be had in a series. That team isn't getting better. Also doesn't help that DeRozan and Lowry always disappears in the playoffs. Toronto is falling off now.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id actually be really intrigued by a Porzingis, Love, Thompson front court. Porzingis is the type of big who could stay on the floor against GSW- and his size would make him VERY hard to deal with on the offensive end by the WArriors.

If the Cavs pulled that off--- they should try EVERYTHING in their power to get Patrick Beverly from the Clips.

PG- Beverly (say you trade Shump's deal, and Osman)
SG- Korver
SF- Bron
PF- Love
C- Porzingis

Bench- Rose, Thompson, Green,

that gives you a better chance against GSW than having Kyrie I believe---- but the Cavs would have to go into rebuild once Bron leaves/ages out.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Toronto can be had in a series. That team isn't getting better. Also doesn't help that DeRozan and Lowry always disappears in the playoffs. Toronto is falling off now.
Toronto would be a heavy favorite

PG- Lowry
SG- DeRozan
SF- Miles
PF- IBaka
C- Valunciunas

is a helluva starting lineup- they have some nice young bench guys to. Powell, Poetl. Rotations shorten up in the playoffs. Its why the "hockey style" depth the Heat has is worthless once the playoffs start with so many off days.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG- Lowry
SG- DeRozan
SF- Miles
PF- IBaka
C- Valunciunas

is a helluva starting lineup- they have some nice young bench guys to. Powell, Poetl. Rotations shorten up in the playoffs. Its why the "hockey style" depth the Heat has is worthless once the playoffs start with so many off days.

They would be favorite. Doesn't mean they would win. As I said before, Lowry & DeRozan disappears in the playoffs and their offensive philosophy is shit.

Hockey style depth? WTF are you talking about? The Heat played 5 bench guys which is pretty standard when you have a solid bench. It's not like they were playing 7 or 8 guys off the bench. It is pretty normal to play 4 or 5 bench guys in the playoffs unless of course your bench is trash. Hockey style depth would be playing 7 or 8 guys off the bench. Not the normal 4 or 5 guys like EVERYTEAM does.

It is very very rare you see a team go with a 7 or 8 man rotation in the playoffs. Teams pretty much run with a 9 or 10 man rotation. This is normal. The Heat used a 10 man rotation. You have no fucking clue what you're talking about

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PG- Lowry
SG- DeRozan
SF- Miles
PF- IBaka
C- Valunciunas

Way to soon to talk playoff matchups, but at the end of last season I believe the Heat could have won 4/7 vs Raptors if we were healthy.

As far as wash, rinse, repeat... then you might as well hand next years trophy to the Warriors, which would equate to the end of James as a Cav.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team who did not use a 9 or 10 man rotation in the playoffs last year was the Rockets because D'antoni is a clown. EVERY other team in the playoffs ran with a 9 or 10 man rotation but supposedly the heat use a hockey style depth because they use a 9 or 10 man rotation like 99% of the teams in the NBA. You can't be this retarded

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only team who did not use a 9 or 10 man rotation in the playoffs last year was the Rockets because D'antoni is a clown. EVERY other team in the playoffs ran with a 9 or 10 man rotation but supposedly the heat use a hockey style depth because they use a 9 or 10 man rotation like 99% of the teams in the NBA. You can't be this retarded

You should know better. You do realize you're talking to Wiggy, don't you?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much do those 9th and 10th guys play?

sure--- the cavs played 9 and 10 guys--- but when there were blowouts....very rarely if never during crunch time.

Stars have and always will win in the playoffs. Toronto has 2 legit all star players. THE Heat have zero.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how much do those 9th and 10th guys play?

sure--- the cavs played 9 and 10 guys--- but when there were blowouts....very rarely if never during crunch time.

Stars have and always will win in the playoffs. Toronto has 2 legit all star players. THE Heat have zero.

And their star players play like role players. You really don't want me to pull u Lowry numbers in the playoffs. He doesn't perform anything close to a star

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And in the next 2 years the cavs will be suck... suck... suck...

But hey, at least you have a great owner like gilbert who drafts awesome talent like Anthony Bennett!

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And in the next 2 years the cavs will be suck... suck... suck...

But hey, at least you have a great owner like gilbert who drafts awesome talent like Anthony Bennett!

Dan Gilbert drafted Irving, Lebron, Wiggins...3 out of 4 of his picks have been great...