• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predictions for 2017-2018 NBA Season

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's bold...Taking the Pacers and Hawks to make the playoffs considering all the players they've lost. I'd like to see it...I love me some Dennis Schroder.

It's hard for me to look at the East and think teams like the Magic, Nets, Knicks or 76ers can jump into the playoffs. Bulls, Pistons, Bucks, Heat, Pacers, Hornets and Hawks, to me, are all fighting for spots 5-8. I like how Charlotte added some key guys and was able to get Malik Monk in the draft which is why I got them at 5. 6-8 to me was just a crap shoot and I don't think the Bulls or Pistons improved that much. I think the Pacers improved a little bit, I know they lost Paul George but I like Oladipo and I dont think Indiana will miss George THAT much. He seems to be a cancer inside that locker room more than helpful. As for the Hawks, losing Howard is gonna hurt bad in the paint. But I like the draft choice of John Collins, I like Bellineli as a shooter, Schroder is gonna be great I think. That's why I have them in the playoffs, but still dropping from 5th to 7th. For the 8 spot it was between the Heat and the 76ers. This whole tanking thing has gotta payoff soon right? I mean how many more years can you keep getting younger and younger and still suck? But I still think the 76ers payoff is still another year away honestly. I'm guessing the payoff is a deep playoff run but I don't see that happening this year.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's hard for me to look at the East and think teams like the Magic, Nets, Knicks or 76ers can jump into the playoffs. Bulls, Pistons, Bucks, Heat, Pacers, Hornets and Hawks, to me, are all fighting for spots 5-8. I like how Charlotte added some key guys and was able to get Malik Monk in the draft which is why I got them at 5. 6-8 to me was just a crap shoot and I don't think the Bulls or Pistons improved that much. I think the Pacers improved a little bit, I know they lost Paul George but I like Oladipo and I dont think Indiana will miss George THAT much. He seems to be a cancer inside that locker room more than helpful. As for the Hawks, losing Howard is gonna hurt bad in the paint. But I like the draft choice of John Collins, I like Bellineli as a shooter, Schroder is gonna be great I think. That's why I have them in the playoffs, but still dropping from 5th to 7th. For the 8 spot it was between the Heat and the 76ers. This whole tanking thing has gotta payoff soon right? I mean how many more years can you keep getting younger and younger and still suck? But I still think the 76ers payoff is still another year away honestly. I'm guessing the payoff is a deep playoff run but I don't see that happening this year.

The Hawks lost Millsap too, who was the heart and soul of their team. I will be surprised if they make it. But, the last couple spots are pretty wide open. If the 6ers stay healthy, they are more talented than anybody outside of the top 3 or 4 teams.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks lost Millsap too, who was the heart and soul of their team. I will be surprised if they make it. But, the last couple spots are pretty wide open. If the 6ers stay healthy, they are more talented than anybody outside of the top 3 or 4 teams.

I would argue that the 76ers are the 3rd most talented team in the East...on paper. They need all their young guys to stay healthy and play like it.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 164718
Da King in the Cavs new alt. jersey.

If Irving gets traded before the season starts I think there is a very good chance LBJ could add a 5th MVP to his trophy case.

He'll diminish the regular season too much.
MVP and ring count isnt changing.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would argue that the 76ers are the 3rd most talented team in the East...on paper. They need all their young guys to stay healthy and play like it.
Agree, on paper.

But, I love the Bucks and Wizards youngsters too and they have proven that they can get it done on the court.

So, I think the Sixers will probably be a 7th or 8th seed.

I do think they will make the playoffs if nobody outside of Embiid misses serious time.

Joel is gonna miss some games. It's inevitable with his history.

That's why they have to keep Okafor...imo

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are their top 5 guys?

Schroeder, Bembry, Bazemore, Bellinelli, Illyasova?

Maybe Prince, Plumlee?

Bold statement.....

I think the Castoffs in Brooklyn will be better.

Atlanta will finish bottom 5 in the NBA.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who are their top 5 guys?

Schroeder, Bembry, Bazemore, Bellinelli, Illyasova?

Maybe Prince, Plumlee?

Bold statement.....

I think the Castoffs in Brooklyn will be better.

Atlanta will finish bottom 5 in the NBA.

For sure. I'll be stunned if they win 30 or more. Indy making the playoffs is a stretch but I can see it if Philly get hammers by injuries. 8th seed should be open and you may not need more than 37 or 38 wins

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My standings

East

1) Boston 54-28
2) Cleveland 52-30
3) Washington 50-32
4) Toronto 47-35
5) Milwaukee 46-36
6) Miami 44-38
7) Charlotte 42-40
8) Philly 39-43

West

1) Warriors 68-14
2) Spurs 59-23
3) Rockets 56-26
4) Thunder 51-31
5) Wolves 49-33
6) Clippers 45-37
7) Pelicans 43-39
8) Jazz 41-41

ECF

Cleveland over Boston

WCF

Warriors over Rockets

NBA Finals

Warriors over Cavs

My predictions were awful in terms of record. If the Wolves win tonight then I would only miss out on 2 playoffs teams

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West:

1) Warriors 64-18
2) Thunder 57-25
3) Rockets 56-26
4) Spurs 52-30
5) Timberwolves 50-32
6) Blazers 49-33
7) Clippers 44-40
8) Pelicans 43-41

East:
1) Celtics 56-26
2) Cavs 54-28
3) Wizards 53-29
4) Raptors 50-32
5) Bucks 49-33
6) Pistons 47-35
7) Heat 42-40
8) Hornets 41-41

Not predicting the Playoffs because of the Jinx factor.

Couple thoughts on the West
-Think the Warriors will lose a few more games this year than last year due to the talent pool increasing in the West.
-Thunder and Rockets should be jockeying for 2nd place all year. Spurs meanwhile coast and I could actually see them being as far down as 6th place depending on how much rest they want to give to Pau, Manu and Parker.
-If the Blazers are healthy, I think they're a formidable team. Nurkic will be the key to their success. They played incredibly well after acquiring him. If he's a healthy and they have a full off-season to gel, they could be really good.
-I have the Pelicans sneaking in as the last team. They'll be competing with the Nuggets and Jazz for that last spot, but I think the sheer talent of the Pelicans has them making it.

East:
-Really wanted to go with the Wizards as the top seed, but just don't feel enough confidence to do so. I think they will be the biggest challenge to the Cavs, not the Celtics. Celtics just don't match up well with the Cavs, IMO.
-Really surprised no one picked the Pistons so far. I think Avery Bradley was an incredible pick up for the team and a stabilizing force. The key to the season will be two guys though: Reggie Jackson and Tobias Harris. If they can somehow just turn down their ball hog levels from like a 10 to an 8, this team could do really big things.
-Heat and Hornets will likely battle it out for the last two spots and I think they eek out the 76ers due to the 76ers overall youth and development.

Got the West pretty accurate. I had the Pelicans, Nuggets and Jazz battling for the last spot, but had the Clippers there. Obviously didn't know they were going to gut the team and actually had a good shot of going to the playoffs earlier in the year.

East, holy shit I was wrong. I left off the 76ers because I thought they would still need more time to develop properly. But I also didn't think Simmons was going to be at the level he's been at all year. Thought he might need a bit of time to adjust.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
View attachment 164718
Da King in the Cavs new alt. jersey.

If Irving gets traded before the season starts I think there is a very good chance LBJ could add a 5th MVP to his trophy case.

Kinda nailed it here. Harden's gonna win but LeBron deserves it just as much.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Heat win tonight, I'll hit my 44-38 record for them on the head