• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PREDICTION THREAD: GAME 4 @ Oklahoma

CoolBeans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Congrats to Bat 20 for getting the closest prediction. That sure was a whompin' put on the Terps, I thought we'd start slow. Boy, I WAS WRONG!

I'm drinking the Kool-Aid. I think this game is the gem of the Big 12 schedule so far; it's a shame one of these two schools has to lose. I think Oklahoma is underrated and Stoops has a special group this season. They had a gut check victory at Tennessee and have done well with Akron and Tulsa. I do think the D will be better prepared after a bye week where A good Tulsa team put up 38 in a two touchdown loss to Oklahoma.

But this WVU SQUAD is special. I saw a comparison to the '88 squad, but truthfully they remind me of the '93 team that also went 11-0. Not a lot of preseason hype, just a good solid team with two good quarterbacks. I think Howard is good, but being a knucklehead we will need Crest also. And I like what I saw in the UMD game from BOTH of them. Especially Howard, but also Crest. He now has sea legs so to speak, and he may get some more snaps.

The Defense is just nasty. I love it. The Stack is a beautiful defense with the speed guys WVU recruits.

So, what's the prediction? A low scoring, well played game. But I think this WVU group has more depth than Oklahoma for the first time since the Fiesta Bowl. And in a physical game, depth wins.

WVU 29, Oklahoma 28.

WVUDAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a whale of a game, it is a hoot to see our fans talking good about the 3-3-5 defense after pouring piss on it the past few years. I HOPE OU is overconfident, as they seem to falter when they are. I like our chances with the renewed emphasis on defense. Holgorsen is growing up, but still has some maturing to do. When you have the huge lead, taking a chance on getting your all American punter hurt is stupid, still some work to do on STs, Dillon bringing the second half kickoff out then fumbling........IF WVU makes sound decisions, holds onto the ball, and limits penalties, I see us winning pretty handily, 35-21 or so, if WVU falls back into old habits and plays stupid on STs and turns it over several times, we get beat by a similar score.

Bat 20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We repeat the '08 Fiesta Bowl score: WVU 48 - OU 28.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to go with the homer pick on this one. :D

Oklahoma = 45
West Virginia = 37

:hammer:

Good Luck

bbwvfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't it nice to see what Dana can do with his recruits?

After taking over a bare cupboard, he finally has a healthy football program lead by upperclassmen who have grown up playing big boy football, and not playing in a league where some thought 9-4 records were a thing to brag about.

OU has a below average pass defense, and an underwhelming offensive line. I think WVU will exploit both.

I expect our veteran defense to show the nation...they can play! WVU wins by 10+...

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This should be a whale of a game, it is a hoot to see our fans talking good about the 3-3-5 defense after pouring piss on it the past few years.

I still don't like the 3-3-5 It seems to be working though, I could be wrong, and if I am, I will be the first to admit when I'm wrong. I want to see it over 3 or 4 years. With the way Dana and company is recruiting, we may have enough experience from year to year to keep it working.

What I'm most impressed by so far on the D is the way the line is playing. Tall has done a great job so far, if it continues, it will be a much better job then Bradley done.

Mike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking it is hard to win in Norman, but we have been close to beating them, this is the year it happens. In another close contest WVU 40 OK 38

GoldRusher

Hoopla Cash
$ 768.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My head says OU has more talent and will be too much for our young offensive guys but heart says we have enough talent to win the game and our defense/ST wont be intimidated playing in Norman.

We will see if our defense is for real or not today, no backup QB's that cant pass or FCS QB's or a Maryland scrub. Mayfield fits what they do and has had success at the P5 level and he has far better talent around him than he ever has. I'm excited to see how we do.

I havn't been terribly impressed by our OLine vs lesser opponents so I have reservations about what they will do vs OU but I do like our skill guys (though young). My heart says we can do this, I'm going with my heart...

WVU 33

OU 31