• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Predict your conference champion and superbowl winner

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ATL's winter is really JAN/FEB...we normally have highs in the high 50s/low 60s into late DEC, then JAN/FEB highs are in the low 50s, with a handful of decent golf days mixed in there. Then mid/late March the early stuff is blooming again.

I hated the wind up there...especially funneling in between the sky scrappers in lower Manhattan, right on the water in Battery Park City...bone chilling!

Yup, thats when its worse, off the water, especially downtown where youre surrounded on 3 sides by the water........BPC is probably the coldest area in all of the city at the wrong time

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but there's a good chance the 1 seed is going to be wrapped up in Week 15. Steelers go 1-1, Pats go 2-0, and Pats win Week 15, it's clinched. Or vice versa for the Steelers.

Unless the Jaguars run the table the next 3 weeks, in which case they would have a chance to be the 1 seed as they have the tiebreaker over the Pats (since 2 of the Jags losses are to NFC teams) and the Steelers (head to head win).

Yep...my primary concern right now is winning the North and getting at least 1 home game...I don't think either team (PIT or NE) will do any worse than the 2 seed. JAX gets into the 1 or 2 seed conversation if PIT ends up with 4 or more losses and they win out.

But speaking of the Jags...right now they are the 5 seed and would go to KC, and BAL would travel to TN in the 3 vs 6 game.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, thats when its worse, off the water, especially downtown where youre surrounded on 3 sides by the water........BPC is probably the coldest area in all of the city at the wrong time

My wife grew up in a warm weather climate...70 is the low. Get married in FL, I get transferred to NY...she had never seen snow before...but in the winter she was NEVER outside unnecessarily...the 1st 5 or 6 yrs we live up there, we'd get the normal 5 or 6" of snow and that was no longer a big deal for here, but then the '93 noreaster hit and we got like 30+" in Jersey...2 yrs later the '95 nor'easter dumped nearly 40" on the Princeton corridor.

My wife said that's it, we're out of here next yr, I can't take it anymore...summer of '96 we were living in ATL.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...my primary concern right now is winning the North and getting at least 1 home game...I don't think either team (PIT or NE) will do any worse than the 2 seed. JAX gets into the 1 or 2 seed conversation if PIT ends up with 4 or more losses and they win out.

But speaking of the Jags...right now they are the 5 seed and would go to KC, and BAL would travel to TN in the 3 vs 6 game.
Yeah I just mentioned the Jags because the Titans don't own the tiebreaker in a 3-way tie between the Pats, Steelers, and Titans.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife grew up in a warm weather climate...70 is the low. Get married in FL, I get transferred to NY...she had never seen snow before...but in the winter she was NEVER outside unnecessarily...the 1st 5 or 6 yrs we live up there, we'd get the normal 5 or 6" of snow and that was no longer a big deal for here, but then the '93 noreaster hit and we got like 30+" in Jersey...2 yrs later the '95 nor'easter dumped nearly 40" on the Princeton corridor.

My wife said that's it, we're out of here next yr, I can't take it anymore...summer of '96 we were living in ATL.

LOL...Yeah my brothers wife was from Rochester, and winters up there were just absolutely brutal, so when they met, and she was about 40, she made it clear that her mission was to get the hell out of there, and they now live in Boynton Beach, FL

One thing about living in the city, as opposed to where i grew up on Staten Island.....I love the snow now, the city gets cleaned up so quick, and there is zero maintenance for me living in a building, no shoveling or the labor that comes with cleaning snow, so we just get to enjoy the cool stuff about snow

SU Nittany Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,096.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is true...scanning the standings, I think the tiebreaker right now is DIV record maybe...losing one of the those games would not make the week 15 outcome meaningless for either team.
Did you mean conference record? Division record would never be a tiebreaker for those two teams.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you mean conference record? Division record would never be a tiebreaker for those two teams.
Thanks...my blunder.

I forgot what Soxfan said it was already, but according the the ESPN playoff bracket...what separates PIT and NE right now is win % in common games.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL...Yeah my brothers wife was from Rochester, and winters up there were just absolutely brutal, so when they met, and she was about 40, she made it clear that her mission was to get the hell out of there, and they now live in Boynton Beach, FL

One thing about living in the city, as opposed to where i grew up on Staten Island.....I love the snow now, the city gets cleaned up so quick, and there is zero maintenance for me living in a building, no shoveling or the labor that comes with cleaning snow, so we just get to enjoy the cool stuff about snow

Nice spot...Palm Bch county...high rent district there!

My wife wanted to move back to FL, I was not ready for it back then, especially Tampa. Much better town now, but it was dead in the 80s. In about 10 yrs...I could see myself down in St. Simons, Island GA...close enough to a INT airport, in JAX, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle.

FL...ideally would be Bonita Springs/Naples area, but that's big money now too.

DirtDirtDirt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice spot...Palm Bch county...high rent district there!

My wife wanted to move back to FL, I was not ready for it back then, especially Tampa. Much better town now, but it was dead in the 80s. In about 10 yrs...I could see myself down in St. Simons, Island GA...close enough to a INT airport, in JAX, but far enough away from the hustle and bustle.

FL...ideally would be Bonita Springs/Naples area, but that's big money now too.

Just down there 2 weeks ago, my neices wedding on Marco Island, where my other brother lives.....I can dig living there, that place blows me away.....Spent 4 days prior in Boynton, little too quiet for a guy living his entire life in the hussle of NYC, that would take some serious getting used to...At least where my brother is, feel too much like a retirement community......We did go to some pretty cool surrounding towns though, including passing Trumps house in West Palm, and having lunch out there.....Different tax bracket to say the very least, the houses over there...LOL

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats have flat out owned the Steelers I can't see why that would change AFC = Pats.
The NFC is tougher Eagles and Rams are looking great but come playoff time it's all about experience so I can see them losing. Falcons are peaking at the right time so I see a rematch.

Pats vs Falcons: Pats win 237 to 3

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks...my blunder.

I forgot what Soxfan said it was already, but according the the ESPN playoff bracket...what separates PIT and NE right now is win % in common games.
Yeah ESPN is wrong. Common games is only applicable if they have at least 4. They only have 1

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anything can happen on any given Sunday. That's why tbey play the games. Philly just scares me on both sides of the ball. But, typical of a great NFL season they coukd put up a clunker just like anyone else. I hope that comes later. Sorry betting against your Hawks.

Since you have the Hawks losing by 10-14 pts, how about a friendly avy bet and i'll take +12