• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post Your All-Star starting lineups

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess Juan Pierre was better than Grady Sizemore and Carlos Beltran.

da55bums

Royals -when they do win its a WS RING.
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, sox, when comparing LIKE players batting average and strikeouts matter. Because a guy has less strikeouts and a better average than Ted Williams, doesn't mean he is a better player, come on.

your example now sound like the reason Omar Infante is 2nd in voting, lol.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, sox, when comparing LIKE players batting average and strikeouts matter. Because a guy has less strikeouts and a better average than Ted Williams, doesn't mean he is a better player, come on.

And those reasons why Ted Williams is better than x are the same that Joc Pederson is better than Justin Upton. Pederson gets on base more and hits for way more power. And he's a better defender.

the only thing Upton has going for him is that he's been a much better base runner.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
bottom line - you think Joc Pederson is having a better season than Upton, and I don't think so, Upton's speed over the 5 extra homers for me. I like Upton's power/speed/average over Joc's power/OBP

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and the same argument people had with Trout over Miggy for the last few years, very good point.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da55bums, you are the one that said it was "rather shocking" when I said that just because a player has a lower BA and more strikeouts, it doesn't mean they are worse offensively. Which was an idiotic statement, as I showed you there are plenty of players who are better offensive players despite having more strikeouts and a lower batting average than others.

I like Joc's better offensive and defensive performance over Upton. I merely asked that the guys who picked Upton make their argument. If the only argument is that Upton strikes out a bit less and is a better baserunner, I still don't see how that makes up for the gap in the other parts of the game, but that's fine.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Of COURSE a guy having less strikeouts and a better average than Ted Williams doesn't mean he's a better player, so why would it be shocking for me to say what I did?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And those reasons why Ted Williams is better than x are the same that Joc Pederson is better than Justin Upton. Pederson gets on base more and hits for way more power. And he's a better defender.

the only thing Upton has going for him is that he's been a much better base runner.

better base runner, puts the ball in play more
da55bums, you are the one that said it was "rather shocking" when I said that just because a player has a lower BA and more strikeouts, it doesn't mean they are worse offensively. Which was an idiotic statement, as I showed you there are plenty of players who are better offensive players despite having more strikeouts and a lower batting average than others.

I like Joc's better offensive and defensive performance over Upton. I merely asked that the guys who picked Upton make their argument. If the only argument is that Upton strikes out a bit less and is a better baserunner, I still don't see how that makes up for the gap in the other parts of the game, but that's fine.

Strikeout less/puts the ball in play more, better baserunner, better batting average, a little less power. Look, they both have "gaps" obviously, I have never been big fans of either Upton because they strikeout a lot more than normal. Look at Upton's up and down career, K's have always been the issue with his consistency, it will work against Joc as well.

Even Trout is getting worse at strikeouts and his average drops, guys who strikeout a lot aren't consistantely good players, the pitchers just learn how to strike them out. Great hitters don't strikeout 160, 170, 180 times a season. If they don't get the k's under control, they will all suck in batting average, its just the law of baseball history.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of COURSE a guy having less strikeouts and a better average than Ted Williams doesn't mean he's a better player, so why would it be shocking for me to say what I did?

because comparing Ted Williams to say Lou Gehrig, or similar type of players, batting average and strikeouts matter. If players are similar, every category matters.

LASports96

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Upton isn't touching Pederson right now, give me a break

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Im wanting a guy who gives the NL a better chance to win, Im taking Pederson starting.

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watch how many HR's Joc has in the 2nd half, but I am sure his BA and K rates will stay the same. But he might get rookie of the year, just on his 1st half numbers, hello Logan Morrison II.

The kid had over 140 k's in one minor league season, not very many players survive beyond a few seasons in the majors with that type of number in the minors. Kemp is still in though, so its possible.

Just not buying on Joc, its a mirage, and the k's and batting average are the tells. MLB pitchers are going to take over very soon, heck he hasn't even hit a homer off of any high end pitcher yet. Oddly, the same numbers that told everyone as well, when everyone thought the Uptons were going to rule baseball.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
da55bums: None of this has anything to do with
better base runner, puts the ball in play more

Strikeout less/puts the ball in play more, better baserunner, better batting average, a little less power. Look, they both have "gaps" obviously, I have never been big fans of either Upton because they strikeout a lot more than normal. Look at Upton's up and down career, K's have always been the issue with his consistency, it will work against Joc as well.

Even Trout is getting worse at strikeouts and his average drops, guys who strikeout a lot aren't consistantely good players, the pitchers just learn how to strike them out. Great hitters don't strikeout 160, 170, 180 times a season. If they don't get the k's under control, they will all suck in batting average, its just the law of baseball history.
I'm not talking about career or even the 2nd half of the season. I'm talking about the first half of the season and you still have not made a solid argument that Upton has had a better first half of the season than Pederson.

soxfan1468927

Hoopla Cash
$ 7,185.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
because comparing Ted Williams to say Lou Gehrig, or similar type of players, batting average and strikeouts matter. If players are similar, every category matters.
Every category ALWAYS matters when comparing players, not just if the players are similar. Why wouldn't you use every piece of information available to you?

da55bums

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fair enough, just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

GenJac

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How could Lorenzo Cain possibly have more votes than Mike Trout? Simple, the whole thing is being rigged by hackers. Mlb has already canceled more than 60 millions votes, imo the hackers probably got away with 30-40 millions votes by using a huge bot-net... It's just speculation though but it could be done if the right hackers wanted to ;)

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repost your starting lineup as it currently stands:

C - AL: Stephen Vogt(OAK); NL: Buster Posey(SFG)
1B - AL: Miguel Cabrera(DET); NL: Paul Goldschmidt(ARI)
2B - AL: Jason Kipnis(CLE); NL: Dee Gordon(MIA)
SS - AL: Jose Iglesias(DET); NL: Jhonny Peralta(STL)
3B - AL: Josh Donaldson(TOR); NL: Todd Fraizer(CIN)
OF - AL: Mike Trout(LAA); NL: Bryce Harper(WAS)
OF - AL: Jose Bautista(TOR); NL: Giancarlo Stanton(MIA)
OF - AL: Yoenis Cespedes(DET); NL: Joc Pederson(LAD)
DH - AL: Nelson Cruz(SEA); NL: Anthony Rizzo(CHI)

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C: Martin; Posey
1B: Miggy; Goldschmidt
2B: Kipnis; Gordon
3B: Donaldson; Frazier
SS: Bogaerts; Crawford
LF: Bautista; Stanton
CF: Cain; Pederson
RF: Trout; Harper
DH: Cruz; Gonzalez

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well currently isn't it going to be all Royals players?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well currently isn't it going to be all Royals players?
And former Royals players.

Aoki is having a fine season, and MAY deserve a reserve spot, but there is no way in hell he deserves a starting gig.