• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post in here if your team is in the Top 10 scoring offense & Top 10 scoring defense

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OU is 4th in Scoring Offense but only 32nd in Scoring Defense. :(

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cfbstats.com - 2017 National Team Leaders <---- Offense

cfbstats.com - 2017 National Team Leaders <----- Defense

kxOo09C.jpg
which would be impressive if your schedule didn't consist of some of the worst teams in CFB + Colorado up to this point

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
which would be impressive if your schedule didn't consist of some of the worst teams in CFB + Colorado up to this point

They are also top 10 in both in terms of efficiency as well. Only other school is Bama.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are also top 10 in both in terms of efficiency as well. Only other school is Bama.
Efficency is also a product of the shitty competition thus far.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's pretty much Bama, a group of about 10 schools and then everyone else. I haven't seen a team that looks like it can beat Bama this year.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Efficency is also a product of the shitty competition thus far.

Efficiency metrics account for strength of competition. I would agree the schedule has been easy though.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point it's pretty much Bama, a group of about 10 schools and then everyone else. I haven't seen a team that looks like it can beat Bama this year.

I think Bama is the best team as well(I ranked Clemson #1 based on resume) but I think Clemson is pretty clearly the 2nd best team(maybe even best team, they are breaking in a new QB, so he'll only get better). If the two teams were meet, it would be a hell of a game again. I don't think anyone else can beat Bama or Clemson other than each other at this point.

amszete

STRIKE FIRST|STRIKE HARD.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They won't face a legitimate top 5 team in the regular season schedule. Their best teams left to play are Stanford, Utah, and WSU. Only two are ranked and WSU has yet to play a road game so calling them #11 right now might be a bit premature. Stanford is the only one of the 3 on the road. How they start in that game will be big.

As for winning games should they reach the playoffs, I don't see them quite ready for that level of play. They could catch someone off guard and win a first round game if they had a lucky draw, but that's about it. They need a few more years of higher level recruiting and depth building to even think about that level of play.

Changing the subject, your coach has a point I think. Call me old here but it is damn hard to watch a game starting at 10:30pm ET like the USC / Washington St game these days (and know what the hell is going on by the end of the 3rd quarter). I tried my best to stay up but at 1:40AM with the beginning of 4th quarter just starting, I was toast.

Petersen: Kickoff times 'painful' for Washington

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Changing the subject, your coach has a point I think. Call me old here but it is damn hard to watch a game starting at 10:30pm ET like the USC / Washington St game these days (and know what the hell is going on by the end of the 3rd quarter). I tried my best to stay up but at 1:40AM with the beginning of 4th quarter just starting, I was toast.

Petersen: Kickoff times 'painful' for Washington
No one here is happy about the late games.

I was at the first night game at Husky stadium which was against Nebraska in the 90's. Football was at 12:30 for pretty much all of the history of the sport. We didn't mind the odd late game, but almost all are now night and it's total bullshit. It's after midnight by the time I get home from them.

Petersen's comments were mild. Watch Rich Rod's responses about the same thing last year.
Zona's Rodriguez unloads on Pac-12 scheduling

Every head coach in the Pac has commented on it and none of them are in favor of it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh look, more Michigan fan...

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure I remember you going on about that last year too.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and you lost two games -- against the two best teams you faced.
:rolleyes2:
What's Michigan ranked in these categories again? That's what I thought...

tumblr_inline_mhilchRDaQ1qz4rgp.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No one here is happy about the late games.

I was at the first night game at Husky stadium which was against Nebraska in the 90's. Football was at 12:30 for pretty much all of the history of the sport. We didn't mind the odd late game, but almost all are now night and it's total bullshit. It's after midnight by the time I get home from them.

Petersen's comments were mild. Watch Rich Rod's responses about the same thing last year.
Zona's Rodriguez unloads on Pac-12 scheduling

Every head coach in the Pac has commented on it and none of them are in favor of it.

Growing up(late 90's/early 2000's) I don't recall watching many Pac 12 games outside of when ND would play USC and Stanford. I've lived on the East Coast my whole life, and growing up I always got the Big 10/Big East/ACC game on ABC because it was much more regional back then. I distinctly remember not being able to watch the Cal vs. USC game in 04 but instead having to watch Wisconsin vs. Ohio State. I only remember because I remember watching Cal's last 3/4 plays, because Ohio State vs. Wisconsin was over.

I certainly don't know how the scheduling came to be what it is, but my guess is the conference wanted more people to see the games, thus settling for multiple 10:00pm+ starts. I actually just went back to that day in 2004 and the latest start for a Pac 10(at the time) game was a 6:30 ET kick off. Times have definitely changed. 2 games at 10:30 this week and 2 games scheduled for next week at 10:30 ET.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:rolleyes2:
What's Michigan ranked in these categories again? That's what I thought...

tumblr_inline_mhilchRDaQ1qz4rgp.gif
I mean, our defense is better than yours. But our offense is pretty average. I'm also not posting threads about it.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Growing up(late 90's/early 2000's) I don't recall watching many Pac 12 games outside of when ND would play USC and Stanford. I've lived on the East Coast my whole life, and growing up I always got the Big 10/Big East/ACC game on ABC because it was much more regional back then. I distinctly remember not being able to watch the Cal vs. USC game in 04 but instead having to watch Wisconsin vs. Ohio State. I only remember because I remember watching Cal's last 3/4 plays, because Ohio State vs. Wisconsin was over.

I certainly don't know how the scheduling came to be what it is, but my guess is the conference wanted more people to see the games, thus settling for multiple 10:00pm+ starts. I actually just went back to that day in 2004 and the latest start for a Pac 10(at the time) game was a 6:30 ET kick off. Times have definitely changed. 2 games at 10:30 this week and 2 games scheduled for next week at 10:30 ET.
I grew up watching college ball in the 70's. Every game was 12:30 and few were on TV. We faithfully listened to the ones we didn't go to on the radio.

It wasn't the conference setting these. Conferences don't set game times. They sold their souls to the devil (ESPN and now FS1) and are entirely at their mercy for game times. Those networks need content for that hour and only west coast teams can play that late so we are fucked. Our worthless commissioner screwed us with these deals and now blames everyone else for the problem.

I know quite a few people that have dropped their tickets because of it. Not everyone can handle being out in freezing weather late in the fall and not getting back home until after 1am in some cases. They are driving out a lot of the older season ticket holders for good.

TheDayMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, our defense is better than yours. But our offense is pretty average. I'm also not posting threads about it.
20171003_131853.png
And your average offense is 58th in scoring, just behind Kansas... I wouldn't start threads about it either.

What I'm getting at here is
images

You don't belong in this thread.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the contenders:
Clemson...I honestly think they would be a 3.5 dog right now home or on the road/neutral
Georgia...6 point dog at least at home, 11 if on the road or neutral
Oklahoma/TCU...no more than a 5 point dog wherever
Washington/Washington State...10 point dogs or better in a bowl game
Penn State/Michigan...8 to 11 point dogs wherever

Pretenders:
Auburn...if Stidham gets them going, watch out.
Notre Dame...only loss was to Georgia by 1 point in South Bend.
Oklahoma State...they could be so good, but that mullet...
Miami (FL)...sneakily winning their few games in mostly dominating fashion
Ohio State....again if Barrett can start to sling it more effectively they will be in the mix
Texas Tech...they brought in a LOT of new guise and transfers on the defense. Looking much better

That's my feels...at this point of the season.