• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if you'd like to interview to be the next head coach of the Browns

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting to see one of these threads from Michael Lombardi soon. They really screwed themselves by firing Chudzinski after he had no solid QBs on the roster, they traded away their best player, and couldn't even keep Norv Turner.

Two kid coordinators (Gase and McD) don't even want to interview with them. This is the NFL. Is Cleveland really that bad?

BobGnarly

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Already got my interview lined up for later on today. Wish me (bad) luck!

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Work for one year at a 6-figure salary and then get fired for assisting a team that sucks to continue to suck. I just need an agent to work out the years the contract will pay for and/or my buyout clause.

I'm in!

whyoh

Go Yale!
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would i have to live in cleveland?

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they traded away their best player
You want to run that by me again?

Maybe they are waiting on Jack Del Rio. Not sure he'd take the job but he might not have many options

boltfan72

ex-Charger fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would i have to live in cleveland?

No, but you do have to work there.

Seriously though, they've got some solid pieces in place. They get a QB and they could be in the conversation. Is this just backlash from the coaching community?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's amazing to me; it's one of the 32 premiere jobs in all of coaching and no one seems to want to coach the Browns.

Screw it, sign me up for an interview. My credentials: back up Varsity running back at a mid-sized Wisconsin high school, 2 straight semi final appearances with intramural football, and 4 straight Super Bowl wins in Madden.

geezer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should ask Goldie Hawn if she wants the job. She played a coach on TV.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm expecting to see one of these threads from Michael Lombardi soon. They really screwed themselves by firing Chudzinski after he had no solid QBs on the roster, they traded away their best player, and couldn't even keep Norv Turner.

Two kid coordinators (Gase and McD) don't even want to interview with them. This is the NFL. Is Cleveland really that bad?

What?

They didn't trade their best player. They traded their most overrated player, and got good value for him, then he was a disappointed big time in Indy.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have young pieces in place, of course they can't make up there mind, 3-4, 4-3, 3-4???
Who ever they hire they need to be patient, like you said no QB, that is a huge problem

I would do it if the five years was a guaranteed five years no BS, then when you get the Browns into the playoffs be ready to be treated like a god, if there is one franchise that has the fanbase and will be even stronger if your winning its Cleveland...

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, but you do have to work there.

Seriously though, they've got some solid pieces in place. They get a QB and they could be in the conversation. Is this just backlash from the coaching community?

I found your explanation in the OP pretty convincing, so it seems to me that the answer is "yes" (i.e., it is backlash). Guys who aspire to become HCs are reluctant to take a job in which they feel they have little chance of early success and ownership with no patience to build a team.

Upstater

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I am too lazy to put in the time it takes to be a head coach. Well I guess I could still do it since that is what has been going on for years now.

RobToxin

Roid Raging
Hoopla Cash
$ 666.08
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have young pieces in place, of course they can't make up there mind, 3-4, 4-3, 3-4???
They need to be patient with who ever they hire , like you said no QB, that is a huge problem

I would do it if the five years was a guaranteed five years no BS, then when you get the Browns into the playoffs be ready to be treated like a god, if there is one franchise that has the fanbase and will be even stronger if your winning its Cleveland...

fify

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that fire coaches so quickly usually struggle to get the crème of the crop. First off usually means the FO is in shambles and second off usually means the team is as well. Now I will say there are some major positives when it comes to Cleveland. The defense really isn't half bad, the OL is pretty good, they have a couple of good players at receiver and TE. Mostly right now they would just need a quarterback and running back. Throw in they do have more picks in the first 3 rounds than any other team if I remember right in this upcoming draft.

So all that to say I do think a coach could find success in Cleveland but with the moves the FO has made not sure who the heck would want it right now.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams that fire coaches so quickly usually struggle to get the crème of the crop. First off usually means the FO is in shambles and second off usually means the team is as well. Now I will say there are some major positives when it comes to Cleveland. The defense really isn't half bad, the OL is pretty good, they have a couple of good players at receiver and TE. Mostly right now they would just need a quarterback and running back. Throw in they do have more picks in the first 3 rounds than any other team if I remember right in this upcoming draft.

So all that to say I do think a coach could find success in Cleveland but with the moves the FO has made not sure who the heck would want it right now.
I agree with a lot of this. I'm guessing the coach got fired because the defense didn't play all that well last year considering the talent they had. Its a pretty talented group and they finished very poorly

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yes, but I want GM duties too. If I got the job I would then trade josh Gordon and joe Haden to the niners for Carlos Rogers and a bag of chips. A guy can dream right

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way things are looking, Belichick will be going back to the lowly Browns soon.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I really read that somebody thinks Trent Richardson was The Browns best player?