• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Positives about the 2015-16 season

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Our rookies are doing alright! With limited minutes (and I personally believe 1st year players shouldn't really have to play much more than 30 minutes a game), they're averaging fairly decent stats. Russell is learning the game as he goes and has some good performances and Randle is sure to become a double-double machine.

* Clarkson is picking up where he left off last year.

* 2nd worst record in the league gives us a good chance at keeping the lottery pick. Maybe Mitch can even make a deal of some sort with Philly to keep it, or make it top 5 protected instead of top 3 (if that's even possible - I don't know)

* $60m in cap space next year. That kind of money could land almost anyone!

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
* Our rookies are doing alright! With limited minutes (and I personally believe 1st year players shouldn't really have to play much more than 30 minutes a game), they're averaging fairly decent stats. Russell is learning the game as he goes and has some good performances and Randle is sure to become a double-double machine.

* Clarkson is picking up where he left off last year.

* 2nd worst record in the league gives us a good chance at keeping the lottery pick. Maybe Mitch can even make a deal of some sort with Philly to keep it, or make it top 5 protected instead of top 3 (if that's even possible - I don't know)

* $60m in cap space next year. That kind of money could land almost anyone!

I don't know why you would want to put a cap on a rookies minutes unless they are injured. I do agree about Russell getting better, but at this point there is not much positive IMO

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know why you would want to put a cap on a rookies minutes unless they are injured. I do agree about Russell getting better, but at this point there is not much positive IMO

Because rookies come in used to playing about 30ish forty minute games (as many as 36 if their team makes it to the championship).

The NBA is 82 forty eight minute games with the possibility of as many as 21 more if they make it to the finals. Rookies hit a wall physically and mentally in the 2nd half of the season. Plus, they can learn almost as much, from watching as playing. There's also nothing wrong with making them earn their minutes.

Positives for me. The rookies are continuing to develop and we are seeing them begin to play consistently for longer periods of time. Lou Williams looks like he could be big coming off the bench for a couple of years and Nance Jr. has been a nice surprise. I like how he's pushing Randle.

I also like that the FO didn't panic and waste cap space overpaying 2nd tier guys that might have elevated the team into being good enough to be a 6-8 playoff seed, but with not enough cap space or tradeable assets to improve the team. Because they were patient, the Lakers will have a ton of cap space for the upcoming FA.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because rookies come in used to playing about 30ish forty minute games (as many as 36 if their team makes it to the championship).

The NBA is 82 forty eight minute games with the possibility of as many as 21 more if they make it to the finals. Rookies hit a wall physically and mentally in the 2nd half of the season. Plus, they can learn almost as much, from watching as playing. There's also nothing wrong with making them earn their minutes.

Positives for me. The rookies are continuing to develop and we are seeing them begin to play consistently for longer periods of time. Lou Williams looks like he could be big coming off the bench for a couple of years and Nance Jr. has been a nice surprise. I like how he's pushing Randle.

I also like that the FO didn't panic and waste cap space overpaying 2nd tier guys that might have elevated the team into being good enough to be a 6-8 playoff seed, but with not enough cap space or tradeable assets to improve the team. Because they were patient, the Lakers will have a ton of cap space for the upcoming FA.
I understand your point thanks. I kind of can't wait till offseason.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand your point thanks. I kind of can't wait till offseason.

Me too. Trust me, despite preaching patience, I'm as ready for the rebuild to move forward as anyone. Because of the Dwight/Nash trade and top FA's not wanting to take their chances on a 37 year old Kobe coming off of major injury, it's taking longer than any of us are used to.

Hopefully, with Kobe being gone and the young guys looking like they might be pretty good, they can use the cap space to land at least one difference maker this off season whether they keep the draft pick or not.