• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

POSITIONAL ANALYSIS: Quarterbacks 2010

NickVT10

annnnnnnd its gone
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Leal will pass Juju first for official backup role.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dont get me wrong, i like leal. I think he really came along a lot during the spring and getting those reps will be an advantage. I also have to say that he's pretty smart with the football, and checks down instead of throwing the ball into coverage. With all that said, i still see ricardo as the back up. If he hadnt been injured this spring, imo he'd prob already be the backup. He doesnt have the strongest arm but throws it accurately on the run or when he's set and he has great footwork, but the things that will help him most are athleticism and knowledge of the playbook. I remember all the reports when he first got here about his "football IQ" and how fast he was soaking up the playbook. I also remember seeing his HS film and the way he ran the football, a lot like tyrod he runs with his eyes downfield, trying to gain yards but also looking for the open receiver. The ability to pick up yards with his feet will be a big advantage for RY imo.

Either way i think we are lucky to have both of them and will be happy with whatever decision the coaches make. FWIW though i would be surprised if RY and Leal both finish their eligibility @ VT. I hope that doesnt come across as harsh, but i really feel that they are both good enough to play and for one of them that chance wont come at VT.