• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

...... Poor man's Colt McCoy

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL front offices are the dumbest decision makers in corporate america. re: tim tebow.
No way a proven winner, VY, gets a starting job over high priced hype-machine Manziel. I doubt VY is on the team come opening day.

Colt led like 19 4th quarter comebacks in college. Heck he led a great comeback against TTU in '08 until Crabtree happened.

Colt actually won some games for the Browns and would have won more if the Browns' D didnt piss away his comeback leads... and that's playing behind the Browns OLine and throwing to nobodies while having to play the Bengals, Ravens, and Steelers D 6 times per year.

The Browns then benched him for Okie State old boy and have had a coach and QB revolving door instead of building a good team.

The Browns are stupid, very stupid, and they proved it once again by drafting in the first round an under six foot scrambling QB with no history of winning.

That was a different team and different personnel.

This is a completely different team NOW.

They are defensive minded, which you have to be in this league. They now have one of the best defenses in the NFL, top 10 at least. They have a solid o-line, actually have weapons for Manziel. This could work with Manziel, bc they actually have a team around him. When Colt was there, they didn't have shit around him including in the front office.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a different team and different personnel.

This is a completely different team NOW.

They are defensive minded, which you have to be in this league. They now have one of the best defenses in the NFL, top 10 at least. They have a splid o-line, actually have weapons for Manziel. This could work with Manziel, bc they actually have a team around him. When Colt was there, they didn't have shit around him including in the front office.

I do agree with this. It's a better team now and the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers Ds aren't as close to as devastating now... just pointing out that NFL decision makers, especially the Browns, are pretty damn dumb.

look at the cavalcade of idiot QBs that have played in this league while proven winners sit the bench or do not even make rosters.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IO do agree with this. It's a better team now and the Bengals, Ravens, Steelers Ds aren't as close to as devastating now... just pointing out that NFL decision makers, especially the Browns, are pretty damn dumb.

look at the cavalcade of idiot QBs that have played in this league while proven winners sit the bnench or do not even make rosters.

Yah, and they have less competition. Ravens and Steelers were the 2 best D's in the NFL and were SB contenders every year. I am not huge on Manziel and recent Browns QB picks, but at least they dodn't reach too far. 22 isn't bad IMO

If they would of took him at 9, I would be pissed off

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Browns :lol: I remember writing it wouldn't be good for Colt when they took him. Didn't JM say something about not wanting to go to the Jags? He should have added other teams to the list.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Johnny has an uphill battle. 17th in Pass protection and 18th in adjusted line yards. If you want to win that division you better get a legit oline. That is why Cincy ran away with the division. Going to be hard to succeed vs those defense behind a very mediocre oline.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think that Colt had a much better team/coaching staff around him than JFR ever had.

I've never compared their statistical numbers, but JFSF is definitely the more electrifying player to watch.

I'd have to give the nod to JFRSF...I mean he has a better record against OU than Colt, right?

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to think that Colt had a much better team/coaching staff around him than JFR ever had.

I've never compared their statistical numbers, but JFSF is definitely the more electrifying player to watch.

I'd have to give the nod to JFRSF...I mean he has a better record against OU than Colt, right?

JF has had four teammates drafted in the top 10. Colt had ZERO, and he STILL won more games. Colt also didn't lose 3-4 games every season he played like JFF.

JF was more fun to watch......but that's about it. He doesn't really compare any other way, compared to Colt he's a loser.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JF has had four teammates drafted in the top 10. Colt had ZERO, and he STILL won more games. Colt also didn't lose 3-4 games every season he played like JFF.

Oh no no no...you can't convince me of that. texas gets the best players every year. It would be impossible for JFRCSF to have a better team around him....hence A&M lost 3-4 games every season. More losses=less talent. Feel like I'm a teacher or some shit having to tell you this...

JF was more fun to watch......but that's about it. He doesn't really compare any other way, compared to Colt he's a loser.

Err....how are we dictating "loser"? Far be it from me to defend JFSFRC, but being an independent outside observer, my observations are much more valid than some burnt-orange mouth foamer.

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh no no no...you can't convince me of that. texas gets the best players every year. It would be impossible for JFRCSF to have a better team around him....hence A&M lost 3-4 games every season. More losses=less talent. Feel like I'm a teacher or some shit having to tell you this...

Err....how are we dictating "loser"? Far be it from me to defend JFSFRC, but being an independent outside observer, my observations are much more valid than some burnt-orange mouth foamer.

LOL, good trolling here, but I deal in facts.

JF had arguably the best OL and WR core in football the last two years, as proven by the draft the last two years.

Colt never had ANYBODY drafted anywhere NEAR the top of the first round on offense.

Loser, YES, LOSER. Colt = multiple BCS games, set records for comp %, and was NC contender for 2 years. JF never even contended for the SEC West, let alone a NC.

Not even close. Not even debateable.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt - 3rd round

JFSFRCF - 1st round

another point for Johnny

starbigd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt - 3rd round

JFSFRCF - 1st round

another point for Johnny

Yep......and still no real quality wins in college outside of Bama one time

No comparison. JF was a more exciting player......but not a better player, or did anything that really mattered. He ultimately won nothing of consequence outside of one award based on one game.

Congrats to JF. Maybe he'll win something in Cleveland *snicker*

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Colt McCoy is signed for 1 years / $795k with the Washington Redskins. He is making $730k in 2014.

Manziel's contract should be worth $8,247,250.

What a loser...

bigred472

theoldestidiotonthisboard
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't run as well. Doesn't pass as well. Doesn't lead his team to victory as well or as prolifically.
Manziel = poor man's Colt McCoy
-------
Manziel had more running yeardage his two years
Manziel had more passing yardage his two years
Manziel had more touchdowns his two years
McCoy did have fewer int in his last two years

Passing ratings McCoy 174 then 147 his last year
Passing ratings Manziel 155 then 172 his last year

Colt McCoy meant alot to his team and was a great college football QB. But to call Manziel the poor man's McCoy is absurd.

occupant

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And, although JFRCSFF looks like Screech from Saved by the Bell and has little ratclaws for hands...at least he isn't wall-eyed like Colt.

Between Colt being wall-eyed and Derp looking like...well, Derp...you think that mama McCoy liked to drink a little?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lel

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JM had a mean OLine. Colt had the maybe the greatest OLine in the history of cfb in 2006 but then the absolute worst OLines the subsequent years. I mean, truly bad.
Still, McCoy won, won more than any QB ever when he graduated. Won his conference. Had like 19 come from behind wins , beat great teams.
JM beat one decent team in the SEC in 2 years of play. It's not even close. If one were to build a team, they'd be stupid to choose JM over Colt.
Look at the above comments: he's a first rounder, he won a Heisman. So? Those are other people's judgments , not accomplishments.
COLT WON.

Last edited by a moderator:

charlie42s

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
... Between Colt being wall-eyed and Derp looking like...well, Derp...you think that mama McCoy liked to drink a little?

As a child Case suffered from a rare form of scleroderma which disfigured his skin and he is lucky to be alive.

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a child Case suffered from a rare form of scleroderma which disfigured his skin and he is lucky to be alive.

and that motherfucker still got laid by coeds cuz he was a UT qb

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why even compare the two?
Here is what they have in common
Born and bred in the Great State of Texas
Starting QB for elite Div 1A programs
Last couple of years you couldn't talk about Texas (A&M) Football without mentioning JFF - same could be said about McCoy a few years back.
Won a bunch of games
Broke a bunch of records
Highly regarded by alumni and fans
I never liked Texas but I had a lot of respect for what McCoy could do. (Refer to shootout at Kyle Field in 2010 where McCoy, very Manziel-like, ran 50+ yards for a TD.)
VY and McCoy didn't have a lot of NFL success but neither did JJ or McGee...Tanny could do better.
McCoy - Browns
Vince Young - Browns
Manziel - Browns
Aggies vs VY 0-3
Aggies vs McCoy 2-2
Aggies post McCoy 1-1
Manziel vs Texas 0-0