• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SO here is why many non whites consider Trump a white supremacist.

His views on immigration and the policies he is trying to put in place are directly designed to maintain superiority in numbers of whites in this country. Even discounting the wall which is designed to keep a certain ethnic populations growth in America under control. He wants to cut off completely or seriously limit the number of non whites coming into the country both illegally (which I agree with) but also legally.

Except the purpose isn’t to keep whites in a superior number. Show me where he allows whites but says no to all other races.

The wall is meant to protect the southern border against a known, extremely high percentage, of those in the country illegally.

He wants to cut off a large number of immigrants, not white or black or Hispanic, but immigrants because we have plenty of unskilled laborers sitting on their ass already. We don’t need more foreigners in this country period.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you not living in the area the city is going crazy. I have no idea how long it is going to take to get home tomorrow with game 4 happening. No bitching here, Go Caps!!!

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've watched a little playoff hockey through the years. Never really a fan of any team or hockey, but this post season I've became a caps fan and a hockey fan

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those of you not living in the area the city is going crazy. I have no idea how long it is going to take to get home tomorrow with game 4 happening. No bitching here, Go Caps!!!

That is awesome - wish I were there. DC needs this so badly given the recent drought of success for their pro teams. Go Caps!

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ovechkin is too good and too fun to have never won a cup.... probably one of the most likable superstars the sport has ever seen.

For his sake and legacy I really hope they win. The Crosby-Ovechkin rivalry kind of reminds me or Lemieux-Gretzky.

Always favored Ovechkin and Lemieux

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except the purpose isn’t to keep whites in a superior number. Show me where he allows whites but says no to all other races.

The wall is meant to protect the southern border against a known, extremely high percentage, of those in the country illegally.

He wants to cut off a large number of immigrants, not white or black or Hispanic, but immigrants because we have plenty of unskilled laborers sitting on their ass already. We don’t need more foreigners in this country period.

If we want to make this country as good as it can be we do.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we want to make this country as good as it can be we do.

It depends on what you mean.

If we want to make this country as good as it can be for ALL Americans, we do not need more foreigners.

If we are trying to bring in the best and the brightest from other countries, and we only bring in the best and the brightest, then we are skimming from the top which is fine.

We are not doing this. We are allowing random people into this country, usually low-skilled laborers without an education. We have a freaking lottery system in place just to bring in diversity for diversity’s sake, which is insane.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for the 1st time in our history , we have more jobs then americans to fill them . that is a good thing and we could use some LEGAL immigration

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It depends on what you mean.

If we want to make this country as good as it can be for ALL Americans, we do not need more foreigners

If we are trying to bring in the best and the brightest from other countries, and we only bring in the best and the brightest, then we are skimming from the top which is fine.

We are not doing this. We are allowing random people into this country, usually low-skilled laborers without an education. We have a freaking lottery system in place just to bring in diversity for diversity’s sake, which is insane.

Im curious what your justification for this claim is

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im curious what your justification for this claim is

The people hurt by illegal immigration are the low-skilled and under educated people in the US. Most foreigners in this country are low-skilled and under educated. This means there is more competition for those jobs. If there is more competition for those jobs, then the employers can keep wages down by hiring foreigners who WILL work for less.

If we allow the foreigners to take those jobs, what happens to the Americans that are not working? They become the chronically unemployed that the other citizens have to take care of through taxes because the foreigners will not pay nearly enough in taxes, if any at all, to take care of those they put out of work.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The people hurt by illegal immigration are the low-skilled and under educated people in the US. Most foreigners in this country are low-skilled and under educated. This means there is more competition for those jobs. If there is more competition for those jobs, then the employers can keep wages down by hiring foreigners who WILL work for less.

If we allow the foreigners to take those jobs, what happens to the Americans that are not working? They become the chronically unemployed that the other citizens have to take care of through taxes because the foreigners will not pay nearly enough in taxes, if any at all, to take care of those they put out of work.

And Im going to call bullshit on that line of reasoning. Because most of these people arent taking jobs from Americans, they are doing jobs Americans refuse to do unless they are grossly over paid in most cases. When I see the majority of these unskilled Americans willing to put in 60-80 hours a week to bring home $1200 a month by working two or more jobs and still living with 8 people in a two bedroom. You might have a valid case.

But that is a wonderfully xenophobic picture you painted there.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would also be remiss if I didnt point out

Change the word Foreigner for black, and American for white man

You have basically just rewritten the same old song that was used for justification of how blacks were treated in the time period directly following slavery. So we are like a Jurassic Park movie, the dinosaur is different. And yea, the graphics get sexier, but in the end we are just doing the same plot.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Im going to call bullshit on that line of reasoning. Because most of these people arent taking jobs from Americans, they are doing jobs Americans refuse to do unless they are grossly over paid in most cases. When I see the majority of these unskilled Americans willing to put in 60-80 hours a week to bring home $1200 a month by working two or more jobs and still living with 8 people in a two bedroom. You might have a valid case.

But that is a wonderfully xenophobic picture you painted there.

Actually, if you read what I wrote in its entirety, it would raise wages for those low-skilled workers making those jobs more attractive. Also, I am for forcing people off the tax-payer dime. If you are able bodied, but “too good” for those jobs, I am all for letting those people choose to starve.

You can call bullshit all you want but you can’t point out an actual flaw.

Except it isn’t xenophobic. Did I say Americans are better? TBH, I have a very low opinion of Americans for the most part. America has become land of the lazy; however, that can easily be changed. Saying we should do what is best for Americans is what every country on Earth should do...look out for their own interests first.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would also be remiss if I didnt point out

Change the word Foreigner for black, and American for white man

You have basically just rewritten the same old song that was used for justification of how blacks were treated in the time period directly following slavery. So we are like a Jurassic Park movie, the dinosaur is different. And yea, the graphics get sexier, but in the end we are just doing the same plot.

Why would I change the word foreigner for black? I am referring to all foreigners.

Why would I change the word American for white man? There are black, Latino, and Asians that are Americans.

I think you are too busy looking for racial injustice to find an actual argument in this sense. There is a huge difference between blacks, who were citizens after slavery, and foreigners of today which don’t and shouldn’t have a Constitutional protection.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, if you read what I wrote in its entirety, it would raise wages for those low-skilled workers making those jobs more attractive. Also, I am for forcing people off the tax-payer dime. If you are able bodied, but “too good” for those jobs, I am all for letting those people choose to starve.

You can call bullshit all you want but you can’t point out an actual flaw.

Except it isn’t xenophobic. Did I say Americans are better? TBH, I have a very low opinion of Americans for the most part. America has become land of the lazy; however, that can easily be changed. Saying we should do what is best for Americans is what every country on Earth should do...look out for their own interests first.

The flaw is in thinking

1. Wages will magically rise when in reality most companies are loath to raise wages. They either find some one willing to work for what they offer, or work the shit out of those already employed.

2. Americans would work the jobs you are so worried some foreigner has taken.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The flaw is in thinking

1. Wages will magically rise when in reality most companies are loath to raise wages. They either find some one willing to work for what they offer, or work the shit out of those already employed.

2. Americans would work the jobs you are so worried some foreigner has taken.

1- Wages will either rise or those business owners will need to find employment.

2- Americans would have no choice if they were to get hungry.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would I change the word foreigner for black? I am referring to all foreigners.

Why would I change the word American for white man? There are black, Latino, and Asians that are Americans.

I think you are too busy looking for racial injustice to find an actual argument in this sense. There is a huge difference between blacks, who were citizens after slavery, and foreigners of today which don’t and shouldn’t have a Constitutional protection.

Because i have stated, you are making the same old argument that has been used time and again for mistreating a group in this country. Is a nice touch that you use the words foreigner and American. But if you look back, it is the same reasoning used. And for the record, there are plenty of foreigners as you call them here legally, that are willing to work for those lower wages. So the concept that Illegals lower wages for all is a bit of a stretch. But makes a nice headline if the desire is to blame illegals for whats wrong in this country.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because i have stated, you are making the same old argument that has been used time and again for mistreating a group in this country. Is a nice touch that you use the words foreigner and American. But if you look back, it is the same reasoning used. And for the record, there are plenty of foreigners as you call them here legally, that are willing to work for those lower wages. So the concept that Illegals lower wages for all is a bit of a stretch. But makes a nice headline if the desire is to blame illegals for whats wrong in this country.

Except it isn’t mistreating people who don’t have a right to be here.

Actually, the word used for blacks was property.

They are here legally. We can tell them to leave though which I am not advocating. I am advocating stopping further immigration.

It isn’t a stretch at all. It is the law of supply and demand...and it works in the work force as well.

Illegals are not responsible for all that is wrong. They are responsible for being wrong themselves. Their existence in this country is against the law of the land, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.