• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In 2012, blacks committed 560,600 acts of violence against whites, & whites committed 99,403 acts of violence against blacks...Blacks...committed 85% of the interracial crimes between blacks & whites, even though they are 13% of the pop."

This stat is disturbing on so many fronts

Agreed. And you will never see me making excuses for stats like this. Pointing out reality maybe. But it is inexcusable. As a black man, even though i committed none of these crimes, I always felt it was my place to at least TRY and teach young black men the correct path.

That being said, this type of stat also does not justify the mentality that is prevalent that there are only two types of young black men..

Those that have committed a crime
And those that will commit a crime.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. And you will never see me making excuses for stats like this. Pointing out reality maybe. But it is inexcusable. As a black man, even though i committed none of these crimes, I always felt it was my place to at least TRY and teach young black men the correct path.

That being said, this type of stat also does not justify the mentality that is prevalent that there are only two types of young black men..

generally its sad all the way around . the hatred still being carried by all parties . we need more work here for sure and that is why i tend to see it your way

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
generally its sad all the way around . the hatred still being carried by all parties . we need more work here for sure and that is why i tend to see it your way

You know IM actually glad to hear that. Because contrary to what some my thing, my way isnt free shit for blacks. Hand outs to make up for slavery. I just want a real level playing field for my sons and their sons. I dont want them to have to feel they need to limit their blackness or latino to fit in. and i dont want them to be judged as the standard bearer for all things in the black/latino community either. I do agree shit has gotten better since I was a kid, and alot better than my grandfather had it. But the concept of... havent we done enough kind of offends me is all.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know IM actually glad to hear that. Because contrary to what some my thing, my way isnt free shit for blacks. Hand outs to make up for slavery. I just want a real level playing field for my sons and their sons. I dont want them to have to feel they need to limit their blackness or latino to fit in. and i dont want them to be judged as the standard bearer for all things in the black/latino community either. I do agree shit has gotten better since I was a kid, and alot better than my grandfather had it. But the concept of... havent we done enough kind of offends me is all.

i know this , maybe you and i should go out and solve this race thing :suds:. it takes 2 people to come together to make it happen

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i know this , maybe you and i should go out and solve this race thing :suds:. it takes 2 people to come together to make it happen

Funny thing is, the solution is already in process. And eve if we wanted to stop it and freeze things where they are... none of us can stop it. People can try and slow the tide. But the reality is, by the time we are great grandparents... short of a civil war, the number of WTF are you mixed kids will out number every other ethnic group in this country any way.

The revolution is evolution. :suds:

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black folks shouldn't have to be any less black. I am Scot Irish heritage and proud of if. No matter who you are you should be proud of where you came from and who you are. I wish we could all tease each other about the uniqueness of our cultures, ancestry etc. That is fun and I think healthy.

Ya'll should have been at the Arlo Guthrie concert with me last night where we were all feeling the love. :thumb:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Black folks shouldn't have to be any less black. I am Scot Irish heritage and proud of if. No matter who you are you should be proud of where you came from and who you are. I wish we could all tease each other about the uniqueness of our cultures, ancestry etc. That is fun and I think healthy.

Ya'll should have been at the Arlo Guthrie concert with me last night where we were all feeling the love. :thumb:

Agreed, and in the right company it doesnt really matter. I honestly dont think the problem is us normal folks for the most part. The issue is people in power pushing agendas to either keep or take power based on racial divide.

And for the record I would love to have a beer and watch football with your twisted harley riding irish Scot ass. I would feel sorry for the Eagles/Giants or Cowboys fans in the room though. :suds:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So in one nice neat little package you have attempted to

1. MInimize Slavery and its impact on how people of color are treated in todays USA
2. Justify and support racial profiling.
3. Suggest that the way to "fix" the problems in the black community is to either change or abolish the culture, but preferably we would strive to adopt your culture and accept our place in a society that wasnt built for us and still holds people of color (black, Latino and basically any one non white) as some how second class or flawed/inferior.

4. State that you dont want black men to distance themselves from each other, but instead strive to be more like white men.

5. Hold to the belief that while it is not ok for me to associate you with people like the KKK because you are a white christian male, it is completely ok for you to assume that most (all?) blacks embrace a culture of violence because after all thats what we were brought up in more often than not.

Nicely done.

By the way, it took me a minute to find Dr Kendall's paper

But for your reading pleasure... enjoy and try not to puke

https://www.cpt.org/files/Undoing Racism - Understanding White Privilege - Kendall.pdf

Bonus content from Professor Peggy Mcintosh

http://hd.ingham.org/Portals/HD/White Priviledge Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.pdf

1- I didn’t minimize slavery at all. It was horrible for the people who were slaves, in some cases. It is impossible to quantify any effect, if it exists at all, on blacks of today. So at what point did Christian slaves of Muslims stop having the negative effects of being enslaved hold them back?

2- I support profiling because it is a tool, whether it is racial or any other type. Individuals have every right to profile other individuals. You do this on a daily basis. We just call it awareness.

3- The three biggest influences in black culture are what? I would say music (rap), athletics, and television. Rap music cherishes the word “ho” as a reference to women (way to keep women down btw), promiscuity, drugs, and money. Athletics is great but most need an education to be successful. Television could be great but gone are the days The Cosby Show and in its place we have Empire. As I have said on many occasions, the biggest problem facing the black community is the absence of fathers.

4- No. what I said was distance yourself from the people that fit a culture you claim you and many others do not like. Gather together but stop looking at race. Find good people to associate with...and no I am not meaning this personally for you because I am guessing you actually do.

5- No. It isn’t logical to associate the average white man with the KKK because very very few are. Feel free to do so. I didn’t say I associate you...I said it is logical to associate an unknown black man with what we both see as a negative culture because a majority, not most, are a part and embrace the negative culture.

As for the articles, you are simply listening and not questioning. There is no evidence given, just some person’s opinion. The first is home loans. What time period are we referring to? Are we referring to the 60s which I don’t doubt would have been difficult for blacks? Are we referring to 2016 and comparing the exact same situation? I doubt it. Indian contributions and white contributions....what are the exact contributions we are referring to? Very few history classes deal with contributions of anybody...they deal with history. When they give specific evidence, they are using evidence from 1995, almost 25 years ago.
The Constitution and slavery...(1860) Frederick Douglass, “the Constitution of the United States: Is It Pro-Slavery or Anti-slavery?” | The Black Past: Remembered and Reclaimed

I mean honestly, I read a little more but can’t take 5he bullshit. If you want to talk about individual portions, bring them up.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Now if more than 5% of white people actually thought this way, you would have a point.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

See this is interesting. I would likely want your children to be standard bearers in those communities because of my respect for you.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1- I didn’t minimize slavery at all. It was horrible for the people who were slaves, in some cases. It is impossible to quantify any effect, if it exists at all, on blacks of today. So at what point did Christian slaves of Muslims stop having the negative effects of being enslaved hold them back?

OK IM going to take these one at a time.

So on this one. Slavery in the US wasnt horrible for some. It was horrible for ALL. It was generational and very few slaves were content. More like whipped, beaten and threatened into compliance. As for its long standing implications even after it ended. Lest we forget that even after slavery ended Blacks were not considered EQUAL to white men in this country until at best the 60's as in the 1960s. So it took almost 100 years for blacks to be given even a semblance of equality to white men. And even then, fuck even now black men are not considered EQUAL in far too many instances. So lets not pretend that the culture of slavery and the way blacks were treated magically ended in i865.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2- I support profiling because it is a tool, whether it is racial or any other type. Individuals have every right to profile other individuals. You do this on a daily basis. We just call it awareness.

YOu support it because its a tool that has little or no negative effect on you and yours. Again I dont assume that very white person is a racist based on their skin color and the fact that SOME are actually racist. BUt you have made a point of stating its ok to assume most blacks are of the thug life because in your opinion its a cultural thing we apparently cant escape except in a few instances.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
4- No. what I said was distance yourself from the people that fit a culture you claim you and many others do not like. Gather together but stop looking at race. Find good people to associate with...and no I am not meaning this personally for you because I am guessing you actually do.

Here is the rub, I have nothing against the black culture. I do have an issue with you assuming that just because some one listens to rap music, he must be a thug. Kind of like if I said every person that listens to country music MUST be a KKK member right?? he problem isnt the culture, the music or single moms. The problem is lack of opportunity. And a culture in this country as a whole that discourages black youths.. unless they are willing to shed their blackness that is.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOu support it because its a tool that has little or no negative effect on you and yours. Again I dont assume that very white person is a racist based on their skin color and the fact that SOME are actually racist. BUt you have made a point of stating its ok to assume most blacks are of the thug life because in your opinion its a cultural thing we apparently cant escape except in a few instances.

School shooting...I fully expect it to be a white boy.

Gang shooting...I fully expect it to be a black or Latino boy.

I said it was logical to believe that a stranger, who happens to be black, is likely to be part of a culture that idolizes rap and athletics. I made this statement because you didn’t seem to understand how somebody could come to that conclusion. It makes more sense to jump to that conclusion, than to jump to the opposite conclusion. Not all people who like rap and athletics are thugs or criminals.

I also believe anybody can escape their cultural downfalls but it is a choice they have to make...and not worry about being called Uncle Tom when you do.

Was Frederick Douglas an Uncle Tom because I think he was one of the most brilliant men in history?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
5- No. It isn’t logical to associate the average white man with the KKK because very very few are. Feel free to do so. I didn’t say I associate you...I said it is logical to associate an unknown black man with what we both see as a negative culture because a majority, not most, are a part and embrace the negative culture.

BUt its ok to condemn an entire race and culture for what 10-15% of that entire group has done. Kinda like condemning all Latinos because of the 3% total of illegal immigrants population in the country. (Mind you that 3-5% is of ALL racial backgrounds, not just those pesky Mexicans)

See thats the thing, you are fine with lumping every one in on non white cultures. BUt let some one associate all white men with the KKK or mass shooters or rapists and serial killers who are primarily white, and you get very defensive. Imagine that.

Last edited:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the rub, I have nothing against the black culture. I do have an issue with you assuming that just because some one listens to rap music, he must be a thug. Kind of like if I said every person that listens to country music MUST be a KKK member right?? he problem isnt the culture, the music or single moms. The problem is lack of opportunity. And a culture in this country as a whole that discourages black youths.. unless they are willing to shed their blackness that is.

I didn’t say that. A person who like gangster rap will likely embrace those things more than one who doesn’t. Just like some white kid playing MW3 is more likely to shoot up a school than one who doesn’t.

The lyrics of country music wouldn’t lead a person to believe there is anything involved with the KKK. Huge difference.

Black people have a shit ton of opportunity. Not enough take advantage of it though.

The fact that there is a blackness is a problem. What is a blackness? Poor speech, saggy pants, hatr3d of whites?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BUt its ok to condemn an entire race and culture for what 10-15% of that entire group has done. Kinda like condemning all Latinos because of the 3% total of illegal immigrants population in the country. (Mind you that 3-5% is of ALL racial backgrounds, not just those pesky Mexicans)

See thats the thing, you are fine with lumping every one in on non white cultures. BUt let some one associate all white men with the KKK or mass shooters or rapists and serial who are primarily white, and you get very defensive. Imagine that.

Who condemned the entire black population?
Who condemned the entire Latino population?

There is no logic behind assuming all white men are KKK because only .00128% of whites believe in KKK ideology, mass shooters is a joke but if there is a mass shooter I expect it to be a white male, and .005% of Whites are rapists if we count Hispanics as white according to 2015 crime stats.

Interesting fact, .01% of blacks in 2015 were rapists. 13% of black men have a felony conviction.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NOpe.. but he also didnt live in OUR life time and i doubt he considered that things like segregation would last another 70+ years.

He also said the best thing white America could do for blacks is leave us alone considering they had done more than enough damage already.

The Source of Black Poverty Isn't Black Culture, It's American Culture

I didn’t even read it because it I said a total joke. What is the source of black poverty in Africa?

As for leaving black people alone, that isn’t how black people vote. I agree with the statement that white people cant fix the black community. It is funny how white people are always drug into the discussion though.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who condemned the entire black population?
Who condemned the entire Latino population?

There is no logic behind assuming all white men are KKK because only .00128% of whites believe in KKK ideology, mass shooters is a joke but if there is a mass shooter I expect it to be a white male, and .005% of Whites are rapists if we count Hispanics as white according to 2015 crime stats.

Interesting fact, .01% of blacks in 2015 were rapists. 13% of black men have a felony conviction.

YOU did. You have made and stuck to the claim that it is ok to assume that a random black person is likely a part of the assumed negative culture. So you are basically saying, its ok to assume all of us are a part of this culture until proven otherwise and if given no other factors other than skin color.

So fun fact, less than 5% of the black male population of the COUNTRY is incarcerated at any given time. So you have basically judged an entire race on the actions of 5% of said population.

BUt again, I dont assume every white person I meet is a KKK member until proven otherwise, but you have stated that its OK to assume all blacks are a part of the gangster rap negative culture until they prove that they arent.

Status
Not open for further replies.