• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well now.. thats a bit different and you know it

Actually no its not. The Media would have you believe every Muslim is hell bent on destroying America and its way of life BECAUSE they are Muslim. And in Muslim countries, the media pimps the angle that Christianity wants to destroy them.

The reality is, religion is being twisted to control men and direct them to do these actions.

But I get it, its alot easier to paint a religion as evil and take any human component out of it. It makes things like mass murder of civilians and attempted genocide much more socially acceptable after all. And I make this statement in reference to both sides. Because Kill the infidel sounds alot more doable than hey got blow up a school full of kids that currently have no idea about our grown up conflicts.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually no its not. The Media would have you believe every Muslim is hell bent on destroying America and its way of life BECAUSE they are Muslim. And in Muslim countries, the media pimps the angle that Christianity wants to destroy them.

The reality is, religion is being twisted to control men and direct them to do these actions.

But I get it, its alot easier to paint a religion as evil and take any human component out of it. It makes things like mass murder of civilians and attempted genocide much more socially acceptable after all. And I make this statement in reference to both sides. Because Kill the infidel sounds alot more doable than hey got blow up a school full of kids that currently have no idea about our grown up conflicts.

dont really want to get into it but 1 religion for centuries hasnt been able to play nice with anyone, not even different factions of their own religion. The scale is not balanced.

i feel for the westernized muslims but they make up a small % of their religion

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the world would be a better place if everyone adapted western values IMO

So said every Roman emperor, British King up until about 200 years ago, Adolph Hitler... Im sure Im leaving some one out.

Point being, if you are at or near the top of the social pecking order in your respective society, of course you think the rest of the world would be a better place if they just followed your lead.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So said every Roman emperor, British King up until about 200 years ago, Adolph Hitler... Im sure Im leaving some one out.

Point being, if you are at or near the top of the social pecking order in your respective society, of course you think the rest of the world would be a better place if they just followed your lead.

basic human rights does not require dollars

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
basic human rights does not require dollars

Apparently it does, especially in this country. A man with money is treated with respect, and can to a degree do and say what ever he wants.

A poor man is treated as a burden on society even if he isnt actually causing any issues.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently it does, especially in this country. A man with money is treated with respect, and can to a degree do and say what ever he wants.

A poor man is treated as a burden on society even if he isnt actually causing any issues.

and gays can make out in the streets without being stoned to death and thrown in prison

and women can vote, drive, have careers, wear whatever they want, and own property

you wont find those basic human rights in even the most "moderate" islamic countries Turkey, Qatar, Bahrain

of course there is always room for improvement but we are talking about much much different scales.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and gays can make out in the streets without being stoned to death and thrown in prison

and women can vote, drive, have careers, wear whatever they want, and own property

you wont find those basic human rights in even the most "moderate" islamic countries Turkey, Qatar, Bahrain

of course there is always room for improvement but we are talking about much much different scales.

Those basic human rights you speak of that this country has, are mostly new developments. As in within the last 100 years or less. Hell Gay rights wasnt even a thing when you and I were in high school and we both know it.

Now admittedly this country has come a long way in the last 50-100 years. But my parents still remember having to ride on the back of the bus.

And I can say that what really irks is the quietly floated concept that we have arrived as a society. And we are good enough as we are that we have the right ad audacity to try and push our culture onto others. In the history of the world, this kind of thinking has always gone horribly wrong.

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those basic human rights you speak of that this country has, are mostly new developments. As in within the last 100 years or less. Hell Gay rights wasnt even a thing when you and I were in high school and we both know it.

Now admittedly this country has come a long way in the last 50-100 years. But my parents still remember having to ride on the back of the bus.

And I can say that what really irks is the quietly floated concept that we have arrived as a society. And we are good enough as we are that we have the right ad audacity to try and push our culture onto others. In the history of the world, this kind of thinking has always gone horribly wrong.

I dont think we have arrived as a society but agree or disagree, we have set the bar. I also dont believe we are in the stone age like some people on CNN or MSNBC would like you to think.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont think we have arrived as a society but agree or disagree, we have set the bar. I also dont believe we are in the stone age like some people on CNN or MSNBC would like you to think.

Agreed we are not as bad as some would try and make things out to be. But I also dont think we are to the point where we can go into another mans house, tell him how he should be raising his kids when our teenage daughter is pregnant by who the fuck knows, and our son is selling crack. The one child we are fond of is just like us, but we might not be totally stable to begin with.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa I was actually on a project over the weekend, and decided i would hold off on replying in this thread.

But i would be remiss if i did not bring this up. You seem to sort of be a fan of Ben Carson. Now i totally respect him for his medical field achievements. But as a representative of the black community, he is sorely lacking. It does not really shock me that he is beloved by the white supremacist movements out there, because he actually hates black people in this country more than they do. He has no real concept of history from the black perspective, and the audacity he had to liken slaves to immigrants makes one question his grasp on history and reality. Ben Carson doesnt want racial equality, he wants acceptance for Ben Carson. There is a term for a black man or woman so desperate to gain approval from white America. And Ben is about as Uncle Tom as one can get.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa I was actually on a project over the weekend, and decided i would hold off on replying in this thread.

But i would be remiss if i did not bring this up. You seem to sort of be a fan of Ben Carson. Now i totally respect him for his medical field achievements. But as a representative of the black community, he is sorely lacking. It does not really shock me that he is beloved by the white supremacist movements out there, because he actually hates black people in this country more than they do. He has no real concept of history from the black perspective, and the audacity he had to liken slaves to immigrants makes one question his grasp on history and reality. Ben Carson doesnt want racial equality, he wants acceptance for Ben Carson. There is a term for a black man or woman so desperate to gain approval from white America. And Ben is about as Uncle Tom as one can get.

I love how a black man that gets out of the hood through hard work and intelligence is always an Uncle Tom because he doesn’t walk the company line. His mom forced education on Dr. Carson and his AstroPhysicist brother rather than other cultural norms.

Why is there a black perspective when people want equality? Shouldn’t the black perspective simply be the human perspective?

You really don’t understand the comparison or you don’t want to?

Maybe racial equality is already here but the problem is cultural.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how a black man that gets out of the hood through hard work and intelligence is always an Uncle Tom because he doesn’t walk the company line. His mom forced education on Dr. Carson and his AstroPhysicist brother rather than other cultural norms.

Why is there a black perspective when people want equality? Shouldn’t the black perspective simply be the human perspective?

You really don’t understand the comparison or you don’t want to?

Maybe racial equality is already here but the problem is cultural.

PLenty of black men and women have gotten out of the hood through hard work and intelligence. What makes him an uncle tom is statements like trying to make slavery some grand opportunity for those that were enslaved. As if they had a choice in the matter.

NIce twist by the way, but as I said he sides against his own when it comes to the historical perspective of how black people were and have been treated in this country. And there is a black perspective, because there is still a level of inequality in this country based on race.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
PLenty of black men and women have gotten out of the hood through hard work and intelligence. What makes him an uncle tom is statements like trying to make slavery some grand opportunity for those that were enslaved. As if they had a choice in the matter.

NIce twist by the way, but as I said he sides against his own when it comes to the historical perspective of how black people were and have been treated in this country. And there is a black perspective, because there is still a level of inequality in this country based on race.

Slavery was a grand opportunity for some...I know it sounds horrible. Look at the state of affairs in Africa...would you rather those affairs because without slavery, that is what you would have.

If you ask Dr Carson about the historical treatment of blacks, I guarantee he will tell you blacks have had it harder than whites. I bet he would also tell you that blacks of today, if they see themselves as mistreated, bring it upon themselves...not by the color of their skin, but by the culture they embrace.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slavery was a grand opportunity for some...I know it sounds horrible. Look at the state of affairs in Africa...would you rather those affairs because without slavery, that is what you would have.

Thata called a case of winners history. We have no idea how Africa as a continent would have developed had slavery never happened. But to try and justify Slavery by saying well look what Africa is now, is a decidedly bullshit perspective. Kinda like telling Jaycee Lee Dugard she should be thankful for what she went through, because after all her childhood was stolen, but hey she got a few kids out of it in the end.

If you ask Dr Carson about the historical treatment of blacks, I guarantee he will tell you blacks have had it harder than whites. I bet he would also tell you that blacks of today, if they see themselves as mistreated, bring it upon themselves...not by the color of their skin, but by the culture they embrace.

And the problem with this perspective is, there are plenty of blacks who have been mistreated that didnt embrace the culture which you seem to think is the root of all problems for black people. Agreed that the culture is a part of the problem. BUt assuming that some one is a part of said culture based mostly on skin color is more of the problem.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thata called a case of winners history. We have no idea how Africa as a continent would have developed had slavery never happened. But to try and justify Slavery by saying well look what Africa is now, is a decidedly bullshit perspective. Kinda like telling Jaycee Lee Dugard she should be thankful for what she went through, because after all her childhood was stolen, but hey she got a few kids out of it in the end.

And the problem with this perspective is, there are plenty of blacks who have been mistreated that didnt embrace the culture which you seem to think is the root of all problems for black people. Agreed that the culture is a part of the problem. BUt assuming that some one is a part of said culture based mostly on skin color is more of the problem.

We have a pretty good idea of how it would have developed. Look at it.

Nobody justified slavery. It was how things were done in the time but it was never justified. Again, every nation on the face of the Earth has held slaves and every nation has been enslaved (or the precursors to the current nation). This includes Africa.

I don’t believe it is the root to all problems...I do believe it is the root to most problems and may have a carryover effect to others.

Why is the assumption more of a problem? If most are a part of the culture, wouldn’t you be more likely correct if you assumed a stranger was?

My point is always the same...take care of things you can control first. Then look at the results. Dr Carson made it from nothing...it would stand to reason more can do the same. Apparently, he embraced the white culture as you may say, and white America embraced him. Wouldn’t it stand to reason, if a black man is accepted in white America, it literally has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the man.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have a pretty good idea of how it would have developed. Look at it.

Africa has been raped and pillaged buy other cultures for over 200 years. BUt you are assuming that if this had not happened, Africa would not have developed into a nation or group of nations? YOu make that claim because it fits into the narrative you find comfortable.

Nobody justified slavery. It was how things were done in the time but it was never justified. Again, every nation on the face of the Earth has held slaves and every nation has been enslaved (or the precursors to the current nation). This includes Africa.

Well I do see alot of folks trying to minimize Slavery and its continued impact on how blacks are treated in this country.

Why is the assumption more of a problem? If most are a part of the culture, wouldn’t you be more likely correct if you assumed a stranger was?

My point is always the same...take care of things you can control first. Then look at the results. Dr Carson made it from nothing...it would stand to reason more can do the same. Apparently, he embraced the white culture as you may say, and white America embraced him. Wouldn’t it stand to reason, if a black man is accepted in white America, it literally has nothing to do with race and everything to do with the man.

The assumption is more of the problem because for the last 150 or more years, the assumption has always been that Blacks like Ben Carson are the exception to the rule. So there in is the real problem, the assumption that all blacks are a part of a negative culture, and the rule is that because you are black you are a part of that culture.... but occasionally there is an exception. The idea that the only way a black man can gain acceptance is to distance himself from and belittle other black men is the problem. And even as a brain surgeon, Ben Carson likely isnt seen as equal by some, although he is accepted to a degree.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ben Carson shark, your name calling is not giving you credit for the guy that I know.

I like Richard Pryor too. He was popular in the black community. I know this because I went to see him several times and there weren't a lot of us lily white dudes who are not white supremacists there.

Of course there are white supremacists but the term is getting used way too loosely lately.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Africa has been raped and pillaged buy other cultures for over 200 years. BUt you are assuming that if this had not happened, Africa would not have developed into a nation or group of nations? YOu make that claim because it fits into the narrative you find comfortable.

Well I do see alot of folks trying to minimize Slavery and its continued impact on how blacks are treated in this country.

The assumption is more of the problem because for the last 150 or more years, the assumption has always been that Blacks like Ben Carson are the exception to the rule. So there in is the real problem, the assumption that all blacks are a part of a negative culture, and the rule is that because you are black you are a part of that culture.... but occasionally there is an exception. The idea that the only way a black man can gain acceptance is to distance himself from and belittle other black men is the problem. And even as a brain surgeon, Ben Carson likely isnt seen as equal by some, although he is accepted to a degree.

It has been raped and pillaged by all nations for well longer. You seem to be really mad that Africa was raped and pillaged but don’t mind that it use to do the same. There is no reason for me to assume things would have gone differently had the British colonies not taken slaves. Hell, nations could have invaded and killed Africans instead.

I will absolutely minimize slavery when it comes to how blacks are treated in the US. Slavery was outlawed in this nation more than 160 years ago. The freeing of the slaves was led by those mean white republicans, many of whom died.

Considering a majority of blacks live in consolidated areas where the culture runs rampant, it is more logical to lump them together as embracing the culture than not to. Nobody wants black men to distance themselves from each other...my suggestion would be associate with people you want to be like or are like. By some...sure. Just like Larry Bird was not seen as equal by some.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It has been raped and pillaged by all nations for well longer. You seem to be really mad that Africa was raped and pillaged but don’t mind that it use to do the same. There is no reason for me to assume things would have gone differently had the British colonies not taken slaves. Hell, nations could have invaded and killed Africans instead.

I will absolutely minimize slavery when it comes to how blacks are treated in the US. Slavery was outlawed in this nation more than 160 years ago. The freeing of the slaves was led by those mean white republicans, many of whom died.

Considering a majority of blacks live in consolidated areas where the culture runs rampant, it is more logical to lump them together as embracing the culture than not to. Nobody wants black men to distance themselves from each other...my suggestion would be associate with people you want to be like or are like. By some...sure. Just like Larry Bird was not seen as equal by some.

So in one nice neat little package you have attempted to

1. MInimize Slavery and its impact on how people of color are treated in todays USA
2. Justify and support racial profiling.
3. Suggest that the way to "fix" the problems in the black community is to either change or abolish the culture, but preferably we would strive to adopt your culture and accept our place in a society that wasnt built for us and still holds people of color (black, Latino and basically any one non white) as some how second class or flawed/inferior.

4. State that you dont want black men to distance themselves from each other, but instead strive to be more like white men.

5. Hold to the belief that while it is not ok for me to associate you with people like the KKK because you are a white christian male, it is completely ok for you to assume that most (all?) blacks embrace a culture of violence because after all thats what we were brought up in more often than not.

Nicely done.

By the way, it took me a minute to find Dr Kendall's paper

But for your reading pleasure... enjoy and try not to puke

https://www.cpt.org/files/Undoing Racism - Understanding White Privilege - Kendall.pdf

Bonus content from Professor Peggy Mcintosh

http://hd.ingham.org/Portals/HD/White Priviledge Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack.pdf

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"In 2012, blacks committed 560,600 acts of violence against whites, & whites committed 99,403 acts of violence against blacks...Blacks...committed 85% of the interracial crimes between blacks & whites, even though they are 13% of the pop."

This stat is disturbing on so many fronts

Status
Not open for further replies.