• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so sure its a bad thing. All Males in the UK have to serve barring real physical issues that preclude them serving. Hell Diana's boys both served, Charles Served, as did his dad before him.

They only recently (within the past 25 years) Stopped the practice in India.

So you do 4 years, you come out and get your degree. You are likely mature enough to actually be able to finish college, and I would much rathe see my taxes go to something like this than some god awful wall of exclusion.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im not so sure its a bad thing. All Males in the UK have to serve barring real physical issues that preclude them serving. Hell Diana's boys both served, Charles Served, as did his dad before him.

They only recently (within the past 25 years) Stopped the practice in India.

So you do 4 years, you come out and get your degree. You are likely mature enough to actually be able to finish college, and I would much rathe see my taxes go to something like this than some god awful wall of exclusion.

Why limit it to males? We already have gender norming and women are equals to men in every way right? Men and women are exactly the same same with no differences.

Now I am all for saying go to war and get free college but keep it as a choice. The wall isn't a bad expenditure if it pays for itself, which if done correctly would.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why limit it to males? We already have gender norming and women are equals to men in every way right? Men and women are exactly the same same with no differences.

Now I am all for saying go to war and get free college but keep it as a choice. The wall isn't a bad expenditure if it pays for itself, which if done correctly would.

IM fine with every able bodied person serving four years. The MIlitary should not be a choice because one has no other options, which it what it has become in this country. MAle or female, do your four, and get an education at the end of it.

The Wall will NEVER pay for itself. All it will do is give the government another place to SAY they are spending money because ath e end of the day.. .we currently have 700 miles of the border walled. You build this wall, you still have to man it. And at the end of the day.. .AMERICANS are doing nothing but making a profit off of sneaking illegals in. With this mighty wall that wont change.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IM fine with every able bodied person serving four years. The MIlitary should not be a choice because one has no other options, which it what it has become in this country. MAle or female, do your four, and get an education at the end of it.

The Wall will NEVER pay for itself. All it will do is give the government another place to SAY they are spending money because ath e end of the day.. .we currently have 700 miles of the border walled. You build this wall, you still have to man it. And at the end of the day.. .AMERICANS are doing nothing but making a profit off of sneaking illegals in. With this mighty wall that wont change.

Freedom

I said if done correctly, it pays for itself.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Freedom

I said if done correctly, it pays for itself.

Freedom comes at a cost. If you are NOT willing to sacrifice in order to protect said named freedom... Im not really sure if its deserved freedom to begin with. And Im really starting to think a rich man who got his college paid for by the military, but then ducked out on his service obligation should never have even been allowed to run for office of the highest military commander in our country.

So IM curious... what would done correctly entail.. 50 feet high, 30 feet deep, and armed machine guns every 100 yards with night vision scopes??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My solution is easy , simply invade Mexico. , take them over , make it a territory then everyone is legal . No wall no fuss no muss :D or we could simply build 2 6 foot fences a hundred yards apart and put land mines in between . Simple toe poppers :D

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My solution is easy , simply invade Mexico. , take them over , make it a territory then everyone is legal . No wall no fuss no muss :D or we could simply build 2 6 foot fences a hundred yards apart and put land mines in between . Simple toe poppers :D

Mexico is 70% desert.

If it were growable land or 70% oil producing, we would have done this 40 years ago. :suds:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would there be?

Well mainly because there's no skin in the game for too many in this country! It's easy to sit back and spout the BS line "Thank you for your service" when just below the surface of that line is.....because I'm not really involved in it!

People love to judge, there are millions of posts to that effect all over social media. What they don't like is being judged and that's what I'm doing with that question, I've earned the right to do so.

It would be interesting to note how differently war and war making would be if those who do so and those who make judgements of the same ACTUALLY had someone that they truly cared about at risk.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well mainly because there's no skin in the game for too many in this country! It's easy to sit back and spout the BS line "Thank you for your service" when just below the surface of that line is.....because I'm not really involved in it!

People love to judge, there are millions of posts to that effect all over social media. What they don't like is being judged and that's what I'm doing with that question, I've earned the right to do so.

It would be interesting to note how differently war and war making would be if those who do so and those who make judgements of the same ACTUALLY had someone that they truly cared about at risk.

YOu make a good point. Rarely do you see the British government engaged in massive amounts of saber rattling. Because even with the politics of the military, starting a war with some one when it could be your son or daughter being shipped off first, would make some of these folks think twice.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if you're fighting for you life do you really want the man whose suppose to have your back to have been forced to be there ?

there is a time & place for everything ... that includes the draft.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way @gkekoa as about 80% of our armed forces are comprised of those who didnt have another option, for all intents half the guys who WERE by my side in the shit as it were. For all intents they were forced to be there because they

1. Didnt have a trust fund to pay for college
2. Didnt have a scholarship to pay for college
3. Decided the Military was better than a stellar career at the local piggly wiggly.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
by the way @gkekoa as about 80% of our armed forces are comprised of those who didnt have another option, for all intents half the guys who WERE by my side in the shit as it were. For all intents they were forced to be there because they

1. Didnt have a trust fund to pay for college
2. Didnt have a scholarship to pay for college
3. Decided the Military was better than a stellar career at the local piggly wiggly.

not sure if you maent to tag me ... because i am too lazy to read past posts, lol ... but i'll respond

thank god for the military providing opportunities ... it does provide an alternative to the piggly wiggly and with the gi bill will pay for college ... but majority of jobs ... if you find the right career in the military, will look at that experience as just as good as on the job training.

I come from 2 generations of telephone mechanics who both learned their trade in the military.

not having another option is MUCH different then being forced.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure if you maent to tag me ... because i am too lazy to read past posts, lol ... but i'll respond

thank god for the military providing opportunities ... it does provide an alternative to the piggly wiggly and with the gi bill will pay for college ... but majority of jobs ... if you find the right career in the military, will look at that experience as just as good as on the job training.

I come from 2 generations of telephone mechanics who both learned their trade in the military.

not having another option is MUCH different then being forced.

But to a degree, if you have no other viable options, werent you kind of forced into it?? Sure we have gotten rid of the enlist or go to jail programs of the 50-70s

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But to a degree, if you have no other viable options, werent you kind of forced into it?? Sure we have gotten rid of the enlist or go to jail programs of the 50-70s

yeah, and i think that is a BIG difference

because, technically ... someone has the option to be a lazy sack of shit and not go into the military

or like me ... be disqualified for multiple drunk in public & possessions of marijuana

even at their most desperate recruiting period after 2001 they still had standards. lol

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shit.... sounds like Marine Corp NCO material to me. LOL

i just tell myself the marines couldnt handle my crazy ass, lol

they putting my two nephews to work tho

& my sisters are much more responsible then me, lol ...

they had the option to go to school but made the choice serve

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There was a time when the Marines wanted crazy.

Uncle Sams Misguided Children

I might have been the last of that bunch though. LOL

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the military is like ... the circus or the wrestling industry

its a family thing

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1y767z.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if you're fighting for you life do you really want the man whose suppose to have your back to have been forced to be there ?

there is a time & place for everything ... that includes the draft.

No one wants to be there except a few gung ho MF'ers. The first thing that you learn is to trust one another. There are no (fill in the blank) descriptive in a firefight, no Jesus, no God, race, nothing... but an instinct to survive the event.

There was once a conventional draft and a legal underground draft in this country all were methods used to "force" participation.

Status
Not open for further replies.