• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa privilege much like racism has evolved as our world has gotten smaller through technology and increased education.

In todays US, the concept of white privilege is no so much about things you get because you are white, but more centered around treatment you dont and likely never will have to put up with.. yes because you are white. Assumptions that are made and basically accepted will never affect you.

So no we dont have signs like whites only on water fountains or bathrooms. And I agree there are some black privileges you will never have. But I will trade you. You can be the first guy picked in a pickup game of basketball... and I will take not having the first words to come out of a traffic officers mouth being "Do you have any drugs or weapons in the car" for $100.

Deal?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is definitely white privilege in America and beyond. This is where BLM stems from, however, as I have stated before had it been BLMtoo it would have been, and still,,, better served, but I digress. There is no easy fix for treating everyone as equals. There will always be prejudices in this world and that results in different treatment. I can't blame blacks and other minorities living here in the states for being pissed. Enough is enough. However, violence through protest is counter-productive. Calm collective protest would draw more whites to the cause.

Growing up and hearing about signs saying whites only or black section in the back insults even me as a white man. I'm ashamed to be associated with such bigotry. However, I have never seen such signs in my %^ years here on earth and that's a positive thing wouldn't we all say. We've come a long ways. This is why I say we had made great progress since those times. I believe since Ferguson we have taken a step back in that regard. No, will never see such signs again but as a white man it pisses me off when I see false attacks on innocent whites... such as in Ferguson. In my point of view,, blacks should have been equally embarrassed by that young black mans lack of respect towards the officer and store clerk for that matter. Yet.. instead, it was off with the head of the white racist cop. Now I aint trying to bring up past shit but this is where this country turned a dangerous corner. Just like the OJ verdict... we all knew he was guilty... and dare i say... even the blacks as well. Still, cheers were sounded when he was set free,, and we all know why that was,,, white privilege in america was defeated.. at least for that moment. As was the case for Obama... I understand why 98 percent of blacks voted for him..white privilege was finally defeated... at least for the moment.

This leads me to this point I guess I'm trying to make... until we as a people can agree on who is guilty and who is innocent,, who is deserving and who isn't,,, we will never come together collectively and prosper in the greatest nation here on earth. We will continue having these debates and never agree on anything. Just my opinion.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@gkekoa privilege much like racism has evolved as our world has gotten smaller through technology and increased education.

In todays US, the concept of white privilege is no so much about things you get because you are white, but more centered around treatment you dont and likely never will have to put up with.. yes because you are white. Assumptions that are made and basically accepted will never affect you.

So no we dont have signs like whites only on water fountains or bathrooms. And I agree there are some black privileges you will never have. But I will trade you. You can be the first guy picked in a pickup game of basketball... and I will take not having the first words to come out of a traffic officers mouth being "Do you have any drugs or weapons in the car" for $100.

Deal?

sure...because I don't care what people I don't know think.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i have a feeling this site could go down any day depending on the weather

we should have contingency plans in place

this finger is pointing at you <insert responsible persons name here >

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kyle Shanahan be on the side lines like... I dont care what it costs, I need my Cousins back.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you're right @gkekoa

economic issues are color blind ... & i would be sitting at the starting line in that video too, lol

but the same issues, to me, is why going to live redskins games suck lol

this is a sterotypes ... but we love stereo types, right ?

you go to a redskins game & get good tickets there is a very high % you're sitting around folks with multiple degrees who earn greater than 100K

by contrast you go to a steelers or ravens game & their fans ... i can only imagine ... work double shifts as a parking lot attendent in order to get tickets

on a side note ... i actually traveled to Pittsburgh once ... it was a valentines day present for my wife to see Garth Brooks on his birthday. This was a concert, not even a sporting event ... and those fans brought an energy you could feel ... something working class .. something I have never felt at a DC sporting event.

It is what it is.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well dean you gave props to AP last week ignoring what he said about it being one game a ne This last game he had like 21 yds ?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would Kyle want his KC back ? He sucks and any stiff can do what he does , draft darnold Rosen and rattle off 10 wins because KC will only get you 7 wins

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will you pat yourself on the back every time you appear to be right, even when you are wrong?

how am I wrong? lol. AP proved he can still do it two weeks ago.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how am I wrong? lol. AP proved he can still do it two weeks ago.

2 weeks ago he proved the sun can shine on a dog's ass occasionally. This week he proved just how washed up he is. When teams are expecting him, he can't rush against one of the worst rush defenses in the league. His team scored exactly ZERO points against a poor defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right guys a new question......Most people don't contribute more than a cursory "Thanks for your service" when the question is, who fights/serves the country militarily. Generally speaking only a very small percentage of people ever wear the uniform and of that percentage most are from low middle and poverty level families.

Here the question: Should there be a no exceptions draft/mandatory service requirement covering all income and educational levels?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All right guys a new question......Most people don't contribute more than a cursory "Thanks for your service" when the question is, who fights/serves the country militarily. Generally speaking only a very small percentage of people ever wear the uniform and of that percentage most are from low middle and poverty level families.

Here the question: Should there be a no exceptions draft/mandatory service requirement covering all income and educational levels?
Why, just why ? Political forum dude

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Why would there be?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would there be?

MAybe it would instill a few things in our youth that they are currently lacking. A sense of understanding and acceptance for one.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
MAybe it would instill a few things in our youth that they are currently lacking. A sense of understanding and acceptance for one.

I totally understand that but isn't mandatory service directly against freedom?

Are people forced into service the ones you actually want beside you in a fight?

Believe me. I think service is definitely good for young people. I would love to force them into service for their own good, I just don't see it as the place of our government to control people.

Status
Not open for further replies.