• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Gkek. You play to win the game. Signed: Herm Edwards. Why get cute and try and score a needed TD with 2 seconds left regardless who the opposing QB is. Even the greatest falter at times. If you really believe your defense can't stop a team going 75 yards in 1 minute and 1 timeout I'm not sure winning that particular game should really even matter.

Change your vote then because it is who would the world laugh at.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love coming here and talking about football. :pound:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it loss of manhood or simply seeing the forest through the trees? If indeed working for the NFL in some form, commentator and especially coaching I would say, is where DHall whats to find himself in the near future. Not involving himself in a situation where owners could be prone to never forget is a prudent move. So regardless if its a move I agree with or disagree with. It is a move I understand. I also hope its a move that every single player who took a knee during the Nat'l Anthem over the last 1 and a quarter seasons is something they pondered over. As opposed to giving the situation very little or no thought at all.

Yep it's a loss of manhood.

First let's start with seeing the forest Through the trees, if you're looking through the trees you're missing the forest altogether. More important, D. Hall is a 14 year NFL veteran, by now his future, that of his children and if he's taken care of his business, his grandchildren should be well taken care of at this point in his life. The idea that he wants to get into another career therefore, must be a "want to" and not a "need to" right now. So what's he's saying is no different than what Jerry Jones recently stated, to wit (paraphrasing) "I want to care only about that which benefits me and mine. However, when it hurts my bottom line, then I'll take a stand because then I want you to care about that too. Your concerns....you're on your own."

Trust me, I understand his position too and it's NOT my place to agree or disagree with his choice but since he volunteered to respond as he did, then I'll call him out on the BS that he clearly thought a clever way to speak words that serve his interest and stave off any authority to act. What Hall obviously has not considered is the future jeopardy of his children that still remains, in part, because he chose to speak instead of act.

@ Dad, please let me know when I'm getting too close to that line. I think that as long as we are keeping this specifically on D. Hall we're OK, right? It is a good topic, so thanks to @gkekoa.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get why he made the move. But lets not forget this is a guy who for the longest was refered to as Me'Angelo Hall. So Im not going with the forest through the trees so much as him sticking with his character. I got mine, and Im not going to risk it no matter how good the cause. I will say tis, if he cant get a job as a coach or a talking head, he has a future in politics. Because with skills like that he could dance around just about any hard question.

As I said earlier. I didn't follow DHall enough to get too deep into why he was considered a knucklehead during his Falcon and Raider days, but as his Redskins career goes. MeAngelo didn't hold any real significance to me other than rhyming with his given name.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with the way he played this. As it seems pretty clear that working in the NFL is where he sees himself and where he wants to be. If my dream gig is working at the double chocolate chip cookie factory as a taste-tester. Involving myself in a double chocolate chip cookies are terrible tasting and terrible for you health-wise public protest in front of the factory. For all to see me including the owner of the factory and cookies would not be the best way to go about acquiring it.

And kneeling during the NA isn't the only avenue available to a person or player who wants to bring attention to whatever cause they want attention focused on.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so far i am going to let the topic play out then move it

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymietee said:
Yep it's a loss of manhood.

First let's start with seeing the forest Through the trees, if you're looking through the trees you're missing the forest altogether. More important, D. Hall is a 14 year NFL veteran, by now his future, that of his children and if he's taken care of his business, his grandchildren should be well taken care of at this point in his life. The idea that he wants to get into another career therefore, must be a "want to" and not a "need to" right now. So what's he's saying is no different than what Jerry Jones recently stated, to wit (paraphrasing) "I want to care only about that which benefits me and mine. However, when it hurts my bottom line, then I'll take a stand because then I want you to care about that too. Your concerns....you're on your own."

Trust me, I understand his position too and it's NOT my place to agree or disagree with his choice but since he volunteered to respond as he did, then I'll call him out on the BS that he clearly thought a clever way to speak words that serve his interest and stave off any authority to act. What Hall obviously has not considered is the future jeopardy of his children that still remains, in part, because he chose to speak instead of act.

@ Dad, please let me know when I'm getting too close to that line. I think that as long as we are keeping this specifically on D. Hall we're OK, right? It is a good topic, so thanks to @gkekoa.

Fair enough. You do raise an interesting point though.

DeAngelo Hall's Former Virginia Vacation Home Now a Foreclosure Bargain

Now is the story in the above article playing any role in how Hall views the flag/protest situation and what he ssid in the article G posted? I dunno. I also don't know what its like to lose a house or having to pay 24 Gs in back taxes. I'm pretty confident though in what I'm about to say next. Losing a house and being unable to pay back a 5 figure sum to the IRS for an old man much closer to the end of his chosen profession than the beginning, which is what DHall is by NFL player standards. Has to be far more concerning and troubling then it would be for a young man entering said profession.

I believe the protest Colin started has taken place in a way that neither disrespects the flag, the military, or the country. Some would disagree and that's cool. What I hope we all can agree upon though is that taking a stand. Even one that has merit also can and so often does bring with it consequences. Consequences that you or I or any poster on this board may be willing to pay themselves, but are not near so keen on their spouse, children and possibly other loved ones having to pay.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fair enough. You do raise an interesting point though.

DeAngelo Hall's Former Virginia Vacation Home Now a Foreclosure Bargain

Now is the story in the above article playing any role in how Hall views the flag/protest situation and what he ssid in the article G posted? I dunno. I also don't know what its like to lose a house or having to pay 24 Gs in back taxes. I'm pretty confident though in what I'm about to say next. Losing a house and being unable to pay back a 5 figure sum to the IRS for an old man much closer to the end of his chosen profession than the beginning, which is what DHall is by NFL player standards. Has to be far more concerning and troubling then it would be for a young man entering said profession.

I believe the protest Colin started has taken place in a way that neither disrespects the flag, the military, or the country. Some would disagree and that's cool. What I hope we all can agree upon though is that taking a stand. Even one that has merit also can and so often does bring with it consequences. Consequences that you or I or any poster on this board may be willing to pay themselves, but are not near so keen on their spouse, children and possibly other loved ones having to pay.

Maybe D. Hall hasn't taken care of his business and now has to face that stark reality. That though takes away from the point: When it comes to Mr. Hall, I want to focus on this that you've written.

"What I hope we all can agree upon though is that taking a stand. Even one that has merit also can and so often does bring with it consequences. Consequences that you or I or any poster on this board may be willing to pay themselves, but are not near so keen on their spouse, children and possibly other loved ones having to pay."[/QUOTE]

To which I'll ask, What are the consequences associated with unequal treatment, murder, and apparently a parent who's seemed to have squandered their future for his present leaving you unnecessarily with the same risk percentage as lil' Keisha or bad assed Ray-Ray?.

I don't know if that story is true or false, but what I do know is, you don't get a pass against the first two because your last name is Hall. Maybe I'm too old and it's now out of style to "Man-up," but to me it is a question of manhood. His job, just like every other husband, father, neighbor and citizen is to protect all of these, from ALL threats, let me repeat that, ALL threats to them.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

this is the original quote he said after the first game he sat for the flag . nowhere does it mention police brutality

in fact he wore socks depicting police as pigs . certainly not a way to reach out to the police .

then he follows that up with his communist Fidel Castro shirt

now he has a right to sit down . i fought for his right to do this but lets not kid ourselves about HIS reasons

he disrespected our country in my opinion . you dont have to agree with me , and i respect your view

sooner or later the american people will be heard . overwhelmingly the fans dislike the protest for 2 reasons

1) they also view it as disrespect

2) football is their escape and politics is entering their escape

i can go to all the major networks and cable to talk about racial in justice

and the NFL is feeling the pinch . people are turning off the TV and now some owners and the commish are saying you need to stand for the anthem .

and please tell me what the end games is ? a conversation ? you have it , so what next ? 98% of the police do their jobs the right way but that gets lost in all of this

i am a white male , i have been detained 3 times simply because i am white and jailed once . i was driving the same vehicle or fit a description of the true perp.

give me some kind of reasonable end game . and whats the next issue we get to disrespect the flag again ? the wrong person getting elected ? gun control ? statues ? abortion ? . whats the next issue i have to sit through and have my escape barged in on . ?

what kind of solution are we looking for ? then get on with it and get out of my sports

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In an unfortunate set of circumstances, the Washington Nationals after posting another season as one of the best teams in the game during the regular season, reverted back to their unexplainable ways of faltering in the play-offs. Last night, following a 9-8 loss to Chicago Cubs (3 games to 2) the Nats were yet again eliminated from play-offs. Sigh!!

i

Cubs Cubs CHC
3-2
i

Final

i

i

Nationals Nationals WSH
2-3
Cubs survive one of the strangest elimination games ever played

A bizarre four-run fifth inning for the Cubs and an overturned call on a pickoff that thwarted a Nats rally in the eighth lifted Chicago to its third straight NLCS.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont watch baseball except for October ...

but it was fun while it lasted ...

just wish it could have lasted longer

Washington Nationals

time for basketball season !!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have to agree with Sty. Halls entire statement was designed to stay as neutral as possible. His intent was to protect himself from backlash from both the league and the players.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people and people of color," Kaepernick told NFL Media in an exclusive interview after the game.

this is the original quote he said after the first game he sat for the flag . nowhere does it mention police brutality

in fact he wore socks depicting police as pigs . certainly not a way to reach out to the police .

then he follows that up with his communist Fidel Castro shirt

now he has a right to sit down . i fought for his right to do this but lets not kid ourselves about HIS reasons

he disrespected our country in my opinion . you dont have to agree with me , and i respect your view

sooner or later the american people will be heard . overwhelmingly the fans dislike the protest for 2 reasons

1) they also view it as disrespect

2) football is their escape and politics is entering their escape

i can go to all the major networks and cable to talk about racial in justice

and the NFL is feeling the pinch . people are turning off the TV and now some owners and the commish are saying you need to stand for the anthem .

and please tell me what the end games is ? a conversation ? you have it , so what next ? 98% of the police do their jobs the right way but that gets lost in all of this

i am a white male , i have been detained 3 times simply because i am white and jailed once . i was driving the same vehicle or fit a description of the true perp.

give me some kind of reasonable end game . and whats the next issue we get to disrespect the flag again ? the wrong person getting elected ? gun control ? statues ? abortion ? . whats the next issue i have to sit through and have my escape barged in on . ?

what kind of solution are we looking for ? then get on with it and get out of my sports

Feel free to move this particular response to the off topic thread. But as Im responding to your post here goes.

Oppression comes in many forms, and now days its not nearly as obvious as it was when WE were kids. We get up in arms about police killing blacks and especially young black men. BUt the real issue is broader and has been ignored for the last 20-30 years in this country.

While hearing a young black male was gunned down by police (and in some cases civilians) in situations where the youth in question was not doing anything wrong, yea i get upset. BUt the oppression that bothers me more is the systematic stuff. The fact that black youths are arrested three times as often and usually spend 2-3 times longer incarcerated for the same infractions committed by white youths.

The fact that being non white in this country, even when you do play by the rules earns you lower pay, higher cost to obtain credit, insurance and a few other things.

But fact is, if you are going to choose a national stage to protest on, your starting point better be something polarizing to begin with.

BUt IM going to play devils advocate here. Lets say Kaep decided to take a few million, buy a 3 minute spot during the Super Bowl and make an info-mercial designed to bring light to the oppression he is protesting.

1. most of us would have missed it and his intent, because commercials is when we grab a fresh beer, drain the lizard or flip the steaks,

2. The NFL likely would have never let it air.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/s/m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_55b7d801e4b0074ba5a6869c/amp

Interesting article highlighting 13 issues Native Americans are dealing with. I found the article about police brutality interesting. Of course this ties in with football the same way it does for BLM protests.

Little is reported about this matter and it seems to be as bad if not worse than that experienced by people "people of color" as some of my fellow posters say.

I am thinking to bring more awareness to this problem teams who have Indian mascots: Redskins and Chiefs should kneel during the National Anthem as a show of solidarity. This can't be seen as unpatriotic since these people are not American's. Maybe they can sit down with police officers and smoke a peace pipe. They were conquered and made to move to some of the crappiest land the country had. They were forced to live under our rules and laws and told not to do the things they had done for hundreds of years.

Of course as you can see this is just one of many problems these people face.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...l-court-gays-religion-20170626-story,amp.html

Wow!! This trial will be going to the Supreme Court before long. There are so many things to consider. Should people who's religious beliefs disapprove of same sex relationships be forced to ignore their religious beliefs and be ordered to make a cake in the name of equality. Just not sure how I feel about this. I believe in God but I also believe if two people want to be together who am I to tell them no. What do you think?

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anthony Bourdain blasts Hillary Clinton’s ‘shameful’ interview regarding Harvey Weinstein

I am not much of a movie guy and pay little attention to Hollywood. How about this guy? Is he really this evil? What about the women? So many coming forward to say they were sexually harassed or raped now that this has come to light although from all accounts everyone (in the know) has known about this for years. So what about these women. Why didn't they come forward earlier? Because they wanted to be famous and to be stars? Doesn't that make them all complicit and then have to share in the rapes and sexual harassment that women after them endured?

What about the moral folks like the Clinton's, Obama's (Michele says "Harvey is a wonderful man), Jimmy Kimmel, what is that fat movie producers name ... Moore and so many others look like now.

Pretty dicey stuff.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Native Americans are not native to the US.

Indigenous peoples on this continent do not exist.

Nothing before the word American.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is a piece of shit.

The women knew what they were getting into.

Hollywood is nothing but hypocrites.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly believe the fool was just sitting and pouting because he wasn’t starting and when called out on it came up with that excuse

Status
Not open for further replies.