• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still didn't answer the questions.

It is Madden football to think it is a good chance of getting a TD in the NFL.

So let me get this straight. You would rather run the clock out and fail to go ahead because you are afraid of Rodgers over score a TD, go ahead, and then need to stop Rodgers?

Conversation over. Your idea is beyond making fun of you.

its how you play the game. The TD wasn't to win the game for the Cowboys. The whole world is making fun of you if you agree with the dez call.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its how you play the game. The TD wasn't to win the game for the Cowboys. The whole world is making fun of you if you agree with the dez call.

Nope conversation is over. You won't answer questions and then make the most absurd statement ever.

You would rather never go ahead in the game than give Rodgers time to beat you. Get a book on statistical analysis, read it, and then have a third grader explain it to you.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope conversation is over. You won't answer questions and then make the most absurd statement ever.

You would rather never go ahead in the game than give Rodgers time to beat you. Get a book on statistical analysis, read it, and then have a third grader explain it to you.
ouch dean got abused there

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope not. I simply wanted people to read DHall's mature opinion. In his early years, he never would have said or thought like this.

I do see you point BTW. Hopefully, nobody comments.

Sorry, I'm commenting, but not about what you may think. I can't really speak on his time in Atl and Oak except a lot of what I saw from Hall in those days tended to trend negatively. Much of it look warranted from what I saw. Can't say I was thrilled when he became a Redskin, but I'm happy to say I was shown to be wrong. The impression of him as a thug was always misplaced imo though. His mom believes signing with his boyhood team and coming home grew him up. I'd be remiss to argue with mom.

The Redskins Blog | DeAngelo Hall's Mom Writes A Book

“He was unhappy,” she said. “And I think at that point, he learnt that lesson that I had been trying to teach him. When he went to the Redskins, money was not the reason. It was love, for the place and the team. So he grew up during that time, and realized that you could have a lot of money, but it won’t make you happy.”

DeAngelo Hall has taken care of his mother since he started making good money, at least as much as she lets him. He encouraged her to retire; she initially refused, then complied and found that she missed teaching too much and went back as a substitute. “He tries to give me a new car,” she said, “I still have one that was new in 2004.”

Since becoming a Redskin. I've heard/seen Hall on a few interviews on ESPN, NLFN etc. You could see then that if he wanted a job as a talking head it would be a really nice fit. So his take on the flag/protest doesn't surprise me. Its a sound position, one which Stephen A Smith also shares pretty much opinion for opinion.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is Madden football to think it is a good chance of getting a TD in the NFL.

have you played a video game in the past 10 years ?

they're purdy sophisticated now

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, I'm commenting, but not about what you may think. I can't really speak on his time in Atl and Oak except a lot of what I saw from Hall in those days tended to trend negatively. Much of it look warranted from what I saw. Can't say I was thrilled when he became a Redskin, but I'm happy to say I was shown to be wrong. The impression of him as a thug was always misplaced imo though. His mom believes signing with his boyhood team and coming home grew him up. I'd be remiss to argue with mom.

The Redskins Blog | DeAngelo Hall's Mom Writes A Book

Since becoming a Redskin. I've heard/seen Hall on a few interviews on ESPN, NLFN etc. You could see then that if he wanted a job as a talking head it would be a really nice fit. So his take on the flag/protest doesn't surprise me. Its a sound position, one which Stephen A Smith also shares pretty much opinion for opinion.

This is the kind of reply I was hoping for. All I remember about Hall early was his brash attitude. I think the maturity he showed in these statements is remarkable. He understands his priorities and a certain power hierarchy. He leaves personal emotion out of his position and acknowledges understanding of both sides.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No I hate that damn game. It is so fake and I always get my ass kicked.

lol ... well, you're aware, because your son plays, that the graphics are great

but the a.i. is also more complex ... depending on what settings you use

and the playbook options ... you could easily get called for a delay of game

I just find it funny that people talk down about the Madden generation of "kids"

but have not really tried the game so cant really talk about it

because i never played football, i was a basketball player ... it has really helped me with understanding the difference in defense formations

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol ... well, you're aware, because your son plays, that the graphics are great

but the a.i. is also more complex ... depending on what settings you use

and the playbook options ... you could easily get called for a delay of game

I just find it funny that people talk down about the Madden generation of "kids"

but have not really tried the game so cant really talk about it

because i never played football, i was a basketball player ... it has really helped me with understanding the difference in defense formations

Oh it is much better than what I played as a kid. I too was a baller.

I am simply saying it is easier to score in Madden than RL.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh it is much better than what I played as a kid. I too was a baller.

I am simply saying it is easier to score in Madden than RL.

i dunno man ...

the fucking AI on madden mode cheats like a mother fucker

i had drew brees & the saints beat ...

this mother fucker throws up a hail marry with 6 seconds left from his own 20 to win the game

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck is this board still talking bout Green bay and Dallas? Dallas blows. They're about to lose their fabulous (I say that with the limpest of wrist) RB 6 games and their season like the Giant's will be over with soon. Will see GB in the playoffs. Right now it on to San Francisco.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the fuck is this board still talking bout Green bay and Dallas? Dallas blows. They're about to lose their fabulous (I say that with the limpest of wrist) RB 6 games and their season like the Giant's will be over with soon. Will see GB in the playoffs. Right now it on to San Francisco.

Because Dean is insane.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I voted for Gkek. You play to win the game. Signed: Herm Edwards. Why get cute and try and score a needed TD with 2 seconds left regardless who the opposing QB is. Even the greatest falter at times. If you really believe your defense can't stop a team going 75 yards in 1 minute and 1 timeout I'm not sure winning that particular game should really even matter.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than turning this into another thing that has to be moved, let me state that D. Hall needs to get answers to the questions that he posed in the article. Maybe, that will help him to find the place where he lost his manhood. I read the article, devoured every word of it, and it was apparent to me that he really didn't take a position on anything. Forget social issues for a moment, and ask yourself where would D. Hall be if not for the sacrifices of professional players like J. Robinson, C. Flood, E. Davis, M. Ali, and E. Lloyd.

Like them, this is his moment, and straddling the fence dishonors them, himself. and leaves the impression that a person who stands for nothing, falls for anything.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of reply I was hoping for. All I remember about Hall early was his brash attitude. I think the maturity he showed in these statements is remarkable. He understands his priorities and a certain power hierarchy. He leaves personal emotion out of his position and acknowledges understanding of both sides.

Brash is a good term. One could also add wreckless, or bad gambler may be more appropriate. He seemed to jump a lotta WR routes on the out as in up, out and up. I also questioned his tackling/desire to stick his head in a pile or on an on-going RB. All of that changed during his days as a Redskin. He was a very solid CB for us and one of the few Skins defenders over the last 25 years that possessed big play capability.

Sounds like he's not ready to hang up the cleats though and given his recent injury history. I personally think that would be best. If he does decide to give it a go next year. I will be pulling for him. Not at the expense of a younger, better player of course, but if he does try and makes the team next year. I won't be mad at him either.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rather than turning this into another thing that has to be moved, let me state that D. Hall needs to get answers to the questions that he posed in the article. Maybe, that will help him to find the place where he lost his manhood. I read the article, devoured every word of it, and it was apparent to me that he really didn't take a position on anything. Forget social issues for a moment, and ask yourself where would D. Hall be if not for the sacrifices of professional players like J. Robinson, C. Flood, E. Davis, M. Ali, and E. Lloyd.

Like them, this is his moment, and straddling the fence dishonors them, himself. and leaves the impression that a person who stands for nothing, falls for anything.

Is it loss of manhood or simply seeing the forest through the trees? If indeed working for the NFL in some form, commentator and especially coaching I would say, is where DHall whats to find himself in the near future. Not involving himself in a situation where owners could be prone to never forget is a prudent move. So regardless if its a move I agree with or disagree with. It is a move I understand. I also hope its a move that every single player who took a knee during the Nat'l Anthem over the last 1 and a quarter seasons is something they pondered over. As opposed to giving the situation very little or no thought at all.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it loss of manhood or simply seeing the forest through the trees? If indeed working for the NFL in some form, commentator and especially coaching I would say, is where DHall whats to find himself in the near future. Not involving himself in a situation where owners could be prone to never forget is a prudent move. So regardless if its a move I agree with or disagree with. It is a move I understand. I also hope its a move that every single player who took a knee during the Nat'l Anthem over the last 1 and a quarter seasons is something they pondered over. As opposed to giving the situation very little or no thought at all.

I get why he made the move. But lets not forget this is a guy who for the longest was refered to as Me'Angelo Hall. So Im not going with the forest through the trees so much as him sticking with his character. I got mine, and Im not going to risk it no matter how good the cause. I will say tis, if he cant get a job as a coach or a talking head, he has a future in politics. Because with skills like that he could dance around just about any hard question.

Status
Not open for further replies.