• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah...it takes a real father to discipline his child. Not some sappy little liberal bitch who only talks like he knows anything.

If you were a father, you would understand the statement “this wis going to hurt me more than it is you” is actually truth.

I have three amazing, successful, well-adjusted children who have never been hit by their father and never will.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not spanking children has led to liberals committing mass murder frequently and blaming it on conservatives.

If you knew the history of serial killers and mass murderers, you’d know most were physically abused as children by their parents, regardless of political affiliation.

williewilliejuan

Giant Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s amazing to me how many of you “men” are deeply emotionally invested in beating your children.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...BMAR6BAgLEAw&usg=AOvVaw09_yoiAbZQdlVZVauGlTT_

Here's a link to one of the many articles on this topic.

So much to say about this from both sides of the argument. I don't see a reason to insert my opinion because as with most things that won't change anyone's mind.

I'll say this though.

I'm 37 years old and the wife and I are expecting our 1st child in March after 2 miscarriages. When I was a boy I had the belt a few times, cut my own switch, etc.

I never did and still don't consider my experience as abuse. A couple of whacks on the rear end stung for a bit and that's all.

To each his own though, and parents have the right to make their own decisions IMO. However there is a line that can't be crossed.

C'mon March and that successful delivery!! Congratulations and Good luck to you and the wife!

By the way: Now that it's out there, we're all going to be expecting our virtual cigars when the new addition arrives!

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I drafted AP in fantasy the year he got in trouble for taking a switch to his kid's nut sack area.

I changed my team name to "Whoopin Room".

Good times.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, there's no "right" way to discipline children. First, it's an age appropriate decision and one based upon severity of a given transgression. Sometime spanking works, sometimes non physical means work and sometimes neither works because there are children who learn to do whatever the hell they want to do because, they are willing to pay that cost punitively. That said, "abuse" is relative, as is "harm." A shy, less confident teen is as likely to become one, from physical discipline as he/she is from isolationism. We all learn or fail to learn, the same lessons differently.

Nosferatu

Faith, Hope & Love
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was punched in the face many times by my dad growing up, it taught me valuable lessons.

1. Don't do stupid shit
2. Don't be like dad

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL suspends A.P I will be done with nfl for good even on SportsHoopla

GeekSportsFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no different than Zeke pounding the hell out of that young girl. Yea, tuff love may be a bit much in both cases,,, maybe just a spanking instead... or just take his power ranger away for a couple hours,,, that usually does the trick too.
My dad never spanked me, just grounded my ass for weeks at a time and took stuff away. We would get in trouble, my friends got a whoppin' and would out playing an hour later. I'd ask my dad if I could get a spanking instead and his reply was, "Sure. If you don't get yourself back in your room I'll give you a spanking and then double your grounding." I didn't repeat very many dumb ass mistakes in my childhood.

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a soft society we are creating.
Spanking children has resulted in adults like you.

I got my ass beat a few times, deserved every one and cannot remember any abuse. Now I have young kids that need discipline and spanking is the last option. Count to 3, timeout, then spanking.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess no different than Zeke pounding the hell out of that young girl. Yea, tuff love may be a bit much in both cases,,, maybe just a spanking instead... or just take his power ranger away for a couple hours,,, that usually does the trick too.
6 games for AP then?

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have three amazing, successful, well-adjusted children who have never been hit by their father and never will.
I see you're a 49er fan. Are you from San Francisco? Do you live there now? It's just a very liberal city is why I'm asking:mo:

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting hitting with a belt until you draw blood, but not a damn thing wrong with a control spanking. At such a young age a tap on the butt feels like the world to em. They understand What not to do at a very young age. A valuable lesson. Standing in the corner or being sent to your room does indeed suck, but for me it doesn't drive home a message of whats right and wrong, or what's allowed or tolerated in the house. Someone mentioned up above, maybe this same guy, that serial killers and rapist etc... are all abused children. I would agree... fatherless children in its self is a form of abuse. Being molested by the mentally unstable uncle or dickwad down the road and etc etc etc...

I wouldn't put a spanking or even a controlled use of a belt in the category as reasons that lead to criminal activity. In my opinion they help prevent it.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you knew the history of serial killers and mass murderers, you’d know most were physically abused as children by their parents, regardless of political affiliation.

I know you want to believe that and many are. But here is what random sampling shows.

James Holmes, no history of abuse.
Ted Bundy, no history of abuse in a quick look.
Dahmer, I didn’t find any physical abuse but his father claimed he was sexually abused by a neighbor.

Look, some people are just fucking crazy.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Truth is, there's no "right" way to discipline children. First, it's an age appropriate decision and one based upon severity of a given transgression. Sometime spanking works, sometimes non physical means work and sometimes neither works because there are children who learn to do whatever the hell they want to do because, they are willing to pay that cost punitively. That said, "abuse" is relative, as is "harm." A shy, less confident teen is as likely to become one, from physical discipline as he/she is from isolationism. We all learn or fail to learn, the same lessons differently.

This is the winner. Sty and his wisdom. I would say the only true requisite of being a good parent is loving your child.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's nice that you know their father and even nicer that your defective DNA hasn't been passed on.

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would AP even say that with his history? What a dumbass

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nothing a really good lawyer and a $100B lawsuit wouldn't solve.

What I do in my house is none of the NFL's fuckin' business. Whether I beat my kid or my wife or my cat has nothing to do whatsoever with my ability to play football in the NFL. The NFL has no business getting in my business. While your at it, sue every owner for $100B along with the league and see how quick they scramble. The thought of "potentially" losing in court and getting wiped out isn't even an option.

Roger who??

Status
Not open for further replies.