• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Section 13, article 1

The Forward Progress of a runner or airborne receiver is the point at which his advance toward his opponent’s goal ends and is the spot at which the ball is declared dead by rule, irrespective of the runner or receiver being pushed or carried backward by an opponent.

This is just my take on the above rule listening to the discussion last night and a little investigating. Forward progress is the furthest position the ball is in while in contact with defenders.

You have stated the rule correctly. The Zeke play was subject to the Refs determination of IF his forward progress had been stopped BEFORE he tried reaching out with the ball. Since forward progress in a pile is also subject to the whims of the Ref in question, they gave him the first down. From our perspective, its a good thing it didnt matter to the outcome of the game. But if he keeps trying that, I fully expect it to bite him in the ass because some one will catch on and start chopping at the ball when he tries it resulting in a fumble. Much like if a player is diving for the endzone, stretches out one hand and the ball comes loose when he hits the ground, he broke the plain, but the resulting play is usually ruled a fumble because he didnt maintain control when going to the ground.

reptec101

warPAINt nation
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hurricane season... tornado season... wildfire season... always something to worry about. Thank God for football season. Although that can be devestating too. I guess you can never just sit back relax and enjoy.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its for a conditional draft pick. that is all I know. Cant believe we had no interest in him.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Tired of people always saying trade for this guy and that guy the minute he becomes available or shows signs of not being needed by a given team. That is not how you run a football team. Redskins simply need to go with what they have at RB & it doesn't work get new players at that position in the offseason. No problem at all with that approach.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good. Tired of people always saying trade for this guy and that guy the minute he becomes available or shows signs of not being needed by a given team. That is not how you run a football team. Redskins simply need to go with what they have at RB & it doesn't work get new players at that position in the offseason. No problem at all with that approach.

So you are not wondering what that conditional pick is? What if it is for a 6th or 7th rounder? The skins don't do that? that is nuts.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you are not wondering what that conditional pick is? What if it is for a 6th or 7th rounder? The skins don't do that? that is nuts.

Who cares. If AP winds up having a monster season - so be it. No pt in always playing the "What if" game. I highly doubt this will be the case. You appear to be looking at this as if this were the 2014 AP - not the current version. Injuries & age have a funny way of impacting a player - especially a RB.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares. If AP winds up having a monster season - so be it. No pt in always playing the "What if" game. I highly doubt this will be the case. You appear to be looking at this as if this were the 2014 AP - not the current version. Injuries & age have a funny way of impacting a player - especially a RB.

Whoops - 2013 or 2015 AP.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ap doenst have to be the 2013 version to succeed on our team. I want to see what the pick is. If its a 6th or 7th that is nuts.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ap doenst have to be the 2013 version to succeed on our team. I want to see what the pick is. If its a 6th or 7th that is nuts.

Move on - he is not on the Redskins. The only reason to even worry about this is when the Skins play the Cards & I kind of doubt that AP will be a huge factor at that time (could be wrong).

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Move on - he is not on the Redskins. The only reason to even worry about this is when the Skins play the Cards & I kind of doubt that AP will be a huge factor at that time (could be wrong).

AP wont be a factor b/c the Cards oline is bad. He would have been a good fit here. what a shame.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SC6 at 3 Months: Michael Smith and Jemele Hill Haven't Saved ESPN SportsCenter Ratings Yet

Take a look a the current all time top 10 rushers in the NFL. Here is what they did in their last year:

1. E. Smith - 35 yrs old - meh - very average
2. W. Payton - 33 - not good & missed games
3. B. Sanders - 30 - pretty good & left in his prime
4. C. Martin - 32- on the decline & missed games
5. LT - 32 - a shell of himself playing in very limited time w/ the Jets
6. J. Bettis - 33 - bad & missed games
7. F. Gore - 34 & only active player in top 10 - pretty ineffective thus far
8. E. Dickerson - 33 - a shell of himself & bounced around to various teams before retiring
9. T. Dorsett - 34 - so-so player playing w/ Broncos in final season
10. J. Brown - 29 - outstanding season but he retired in his prime

See a theme here? People like to point to someone like Riggins, but he was an exception & you have to remember that he was fresher since he sat out an entire season.

I guess that AP could be the exception, but it is kind of hard to believe at his age & given his injury history.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Always with the Nuts Dean...

This thing is Nuts, that thing is Nuts

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AP can't catch and can't block. Every time he is in the game, the opposing team knows...it is a run. That is why he averages 1.9 to 3 YPC.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Always with the Nuts Dean...

This thing is Nuts, that thing is Nuts

& the "what ifs" & woulda, couldas. The Redskins could have drafted Brady, Richard Sherman, Leonard Williams, blah, blah, blah, They didn't - move on. Ditto for this move - AP is now a Cardinal - big deal.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out that its a 6th round pick. He is not worth a 5th or 6th round pick to us right now? Cmon Bruce. Should of pulled the trigger on that one.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just found out that its a 6th round pick. He is not worth a 5th or 6th round pick to us right now? Cmon Bruce. Should of pulled the trigger on that one.

& you accuse me of playing Madden football? Have you at least considered the possibility that AP is partially or completely washed up? You don't even consider the possibility that a 32 yr old RB coming off multiple injuries may not be the answer? Perhaps this is why several teams said "No thanks".

Status
Not open for further replies.