• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

politics thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So much for our allies . They can’t pay for nato either

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Shark and Dad...

We were number one in cutting emissions which means we had more but cut back more. It is like a fat person losing weight.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also a much larger country than all the rest and the third most populous...by a very large margin.

We are also one of the most technologically advanced. And our reductions in green house gas production is a direct result of programs over the last 10-14 years to move away from fossil fuels and more towards things like solar, wind and hydro electric power. Add in stricter emissions laws that were ( I stress were) on the books.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Above link straight from Govt records

When it comes to the health of people or the planet, the last people I ever trust is the government. After all they have brought us such wonders as

Lead, Asbestos, and coal dust aren't bad for you.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are also one of the most technologically advanced. And our reductions in green house gas production is a direct result of programs over the last 10-14 years to move away from fossil fuels and more towards things like solar, wind and hydro electric power. Add in stricter emissions laws that were ( I stress were) on the books.

Yes we are more technologically advanced...total agreement.

We spend all our money and the world capitalizes. Then we make deals...and are the only ones to abide by them.

Fewer regulations...good. It is better for small business.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it comes to the health of people or the planet, the last people I ever trust is the government. After all they have brought us such wonders as

Lead, Asbestos, and coal dust aren't bad for you.
denial is not a river in egypt . i put the source out from a non partisan final source . because i am fully aware if fox or brietbart , or Rush or any over conservative outlet would be attacked by the old weak , it came from them dept .

govt records are our best sources much like crime stats

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
denial is not a river in egypt . i put the source out from a non partisan final source . because i am fully aware if fox or brietbart , or Rush or any over conservative outlet would be attacked by the old weak , it came from them dept .

govt records are our best sources much like crime stats

I must have missed the Government link.

But i stand by what i say, I trust the government not so much in matters like this.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treason- the crime of betraying one's country, especially by attempting to kill the sovereign or overthrow the government.

In what way did he betray the country? He bad-mouthed the intelligence community and the federal police bureaucracy, which he is in charge of.

Why is it cowardice when Trump is diplomatic, but when Obama does it he is praised...literally bowing to China. I disagreed when people complained that oBama was wrong and disagree with people on this topic as well. There are serious issues at the DOJ.
If you're honest you already know your response is loaded with false equivalents. It is literally nonsensical to compare Obama to Trump.

Again there's more than one way to betray your country, but to be fair, let plays on your court. Since you seem to want to relegate his betrayal to federal agencies, let's see you do it under the title Commander in Chief. Remember this was done on foreign soil which means that the title of Commander in Chief takes precedence over his duties while in country.

Anybody else want to play?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're honest you already know your response is loaded with false equivalents. It is literally nonsensical to compare Obama to Trump.

Again there's more than one way to betray your country, but to be fair, let plays on your court. Since you seem to want to relegate his betrayal to federal agencies, let's see you do it under the title Commander in Chief.

would wire tapping an opposing candidates under false pretenses be something like that ? or putting a spy in it ? or how about rigging an investigation ?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
would wire tapping an opposing candidates under false pretenses be something like that ? or putting a spy in it ? or how about rigging an investigation ?

You seriously need to find other news sources. I know that it's often difficult to follow news stories to conclusion, but come on man, what you posted has long been proven false.

Again to be fair, you post the story and I'll post the follow-up story that disproves it. I honestly don't mind doing research, it's what I do.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gentlemen and Lady, I don't mind these give and take posting, but if you don't mind, I would prefer to stay on topic. Chasing, talking point ghosts isn't something that leads to any sort of intellectual conclusion. We all appear to enjoy doing this, and there's great passion in resolving to defend one's POV. Fake news is a misnomer that in fact doesn't exist. News is news, news programming is something altogether different from news. If we cannot agree on this basic point, then there's no basis upon which we can intelligently exchange with one another. Thanks to all!!

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again there's more than one way to betray your country, but to be fair, let plays on your court. Since you seem to want to relegate his betrayal to federal agencies, let's see you do it under the title Commander in Chief. Remember this was done on foreign soil which means that the title of Commander in Chief takes precedence over his duties while in country.

Why is it nonsense? You said Trump showed weakness on foreign soil to a known enemy, and that was proof of treason. I simply showed OBama did the exact same thing and neither was treason.

Are you saying Trump betrayed the military? He didn’t. I would say giving the military weapons and defensive equipment to fight and kill Russians in Syria was exactly the opposite of what you claim and the exact opposite of what Obama did.

Want to keep playing?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is it nonsense? You said Trump showed weakness on foreign soil to a known enemy, and that was proof of treason. I simply showed OBama did the exact same thing and neither was treason.

Are you saying Trump betrayed the military? He didn’t. I would say giving the military weapons and defensive equipment to fight and kill Russians in Syria was exactly the opposite of what you claim and the exact opposite of what Obama did.

Want to keep playing?

Point is Obama never did what you said he did contextually, nor anything close to what Trump did. Come on man, at least try to be objective.

Keep playing, when are you going to start?

Reagan supplied weapons supposedly in the best interest of this country, Johnson,Kennedy, Nixon, Ford, Carter, both Bushes, Clinton, yep Obama, and quiet as it's kept, Trump have all done the same thing. There's ABSOLUTELY ZERO equivalent in the history of the country to what Trump has done. NONE!

The closest thing would be stances towards appeasement during WWII.. notably by British statesman Neville Chamberlain and, not ever, (until now) by a sitting U.S. President.

BTW: Appeasement was a tactic which still doesn't come close to what Trump did.

you're also wrong about what I said Trump did (you said "weakness") I said, "Cowardice in the face of an enemy," there's a huge difference in the two.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Correction, I'm old school military and when I served the term was "Cowardice" today, the term is "Misbehavior."
The wording has changed the definition(s)/ considerations of the same have not.

Status
Not open for further replies.