• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Points for Giroux

How many points will Claude Giroux score this coming season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went with 80-89 just cause he reminds me of a timid Forsberg!

Well, I don't know if timid is the right word. Giroux has an awful lot of sandpaper to his game and that's one big reason why we love him. He appears to be extremely competitive and occasionally will go on the offensive physically. Not many other smallish playmakers would do such a thing.

They gave Giroux credit for 117 hits this past season and of course he had 76 points. The only other forwards who averaged around the same or better in both areas throughout the entire Nhl were some dudes named Ovechkin, Getzlaf, Kesler and Ryan. That's pretty good company, for what it's worth.

Last edited by a moderator:

dspice07

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
especially considering he is substantially smaller than them

wbon22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Giroux will improve to the 80+ point range. That is not that big of a jump for him. One or two more "just missed" shots or one more of the number of breakaway chances he had gets cashed in and he is there. And please don't fool yourselves. Richards was not getting the defensive treatment from other teams. He was supposed to be the defensive player. Carter and Briere and Giroux saw more defensive coverage...and it was more pronounced in the last quarter of the season when Giroux and JVR were the ones (not named Briere) who were carrying the scoring.

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that Giroux will improve to the 80+ point range. That is not that big of a jump for him. One or two more "just missed" shots or one more of the number of breakaway chances he had gets cashed in and he is there. And please don't fool yourselves. Richards was not getting the defensive treatment from other teams. He was supposed to be the defensive player. Carter and Briere and Giroux saw more defensive coverage...and it was more pronounced in the last quarter of the season when Giroux and JVR were the ones (not named Briere) who were carrying the scoring.

Exactly, although I do like Giroux to just explode this season if our power play improves substantially, which it easily could since it was garbage last season.

When you're facing a line with Giroux and Carter on it, you have to show them the respect of one of your top defensive units. Giroux is quickly becoming one of the best, young playmakers in the game and for as much as we ragged on Carter, he's still scored 46 goals before and that is rare in today's Nhl. Only four other guys have done it in the last three seasons. You can't let those guys (or Briere) beat you because they can and they will.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maverick426h

Junior Mint
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How silly does this poll look now? There should've been a fifth option of 100+ points and a sixth option of Art Ross Trophy winner.

Giroux is all alone on the scoring list with 36 points and he's got two games in hand on Kessel (35). Tonight may be the point where he adds to that lead and never looks back as the Leafs are out of action and Giroux always comes to play against the Pens.

I knew this kid was about to do something special this season. To be on pace for 51 goals, 63 assists and 114 points this far into the season is exceeding even my expectations, but I was sold that he was about to dominate. He just took it a step further by playing like the Hart and Art Ross Trophy favorites.

jerseyjigroe

Experience Quality Trust
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You, me , and Las!!!