• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Please say it isn't so

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People are trying to make more out of it than it is.. and just not listening to him.....

Eagles coach Doug Pederson said of Wentz and Goff: "These guys are pretty even. From all the physical tools, both of them are extremely gifted. Good arm strength, good mobility. Obviously, Carson is a little bigger, maybe a little better athlete right now. There's not much separating those two."

He is VERY SURE he will get his guy, because he is happy with either one.

I don't buy it Dawk ... not at the QB position. It's the most important position on the team and the guy whom you expect to be the face of your Franchise moving forward. I don't buy at all that they would be equally ok with getting either ... maybe I'm wrong, but I would bet some cash on us getting Wentz and not Goff.

skinzfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would have done this. SB is taking you nowhere. Wentz needs to get on the field by the middle of the season. Give him 3 years and see what you got. My biggest concern with Wentz is he's never played major college football. And I would have traded SB first.

Last edited:

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ummmm, i can only assume your either kidding or delusional. Its ok to be optimistic but, reality needs to step in. Holes not filled yet

A reliable rb. Something matthewa is not and sproles cant carry the load

WR... especially one that can catch

LT to replace peters. Or a rt when johnson moves over. Peters is on bis last leg

Cb... still need a cb. I'm not sold on our cb's with only 1 returning healthy (rowe).

OLB...could still use some help there.

All these can be filled with these picks given up. And #8 this year fills one of them for a decade.

Yeah thats what i don't get. they Could have got an impact starter like Zeke at 8 to really help Bradford out. and now reports are already coming out that Bradford is pissed with the deal.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said that we would be trading Cox as it relates to the subject matter at hand (trading up). You have admitted to being wrong about that. I, along with many, have said it is just dumb to trade away your best player that way. Not only did we not trade him, we extended him. Did you forget to admitting you were wrong to?

And you completely avoided the aspect of the post above. You said Bradford trade is already done and a part of this. Roseman statements contradict this and would mean he has lied to Bradford and publically so multiple times. Thus, yes, I think your wrong again and just not listening.

I sincerely hope your not wrong a 3rd time - and that whoever we get is actually franchise worthy. Strike 3 and your not only out - the eagles are set back for 5+ years (depending on how long it takes them to realize it)
Hey Genius, I was dead on balls right the whole time! I said we are gonna go up and get Wentz and we did...I suspected the compensation would be Cox well I was wrong, but my theory had Merit, it wasn't some crazy idea, several months after I brought it up numerous media outlets said the very same thing. The Sam Bradford thing only makes sense because #1 who pays 3 Qbs starting qb money??? Is this rocket science?

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah thats what i don't get. they Could have got an impact starter like Zeke at 8 to really help Bradford out. and now reports are already coming out that Bradford is pissed with the deal.
How the fuck does a Rams fan not get it??? Sammie Sleeves gets hurt every damn season! How does a Rams fan not get that? Sammie Sleeves has thighs that are smaller than my arms! Dudes a twig, and can't stay healthy. What is it you don't get?

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Genius, I was dead on balls right the whole time! I said we are gonna go up and get Wentz and we did...I suspected the compensation would be Cox well I was wrong, but my theory had Merit, it wasn't some crazy idea, several months after I brought it up numerous media outlets said the very same thing. The Sam Bradford thing only makes sense because #1 who pays 3 Qbs starting qb money??? Is this rocket science?

Well, I'm glad we didn't go about it your way and get rid of Cox, which would have massively hurt the team more than they helped it.

So you think Roseman has lied to Bradford, and even AFTER the trade, is lying to the public about his reassurance and commitment to Bradford for the 2016 season. I think your wrong. Again.

I sincerely hope your not wrong about them becoming a franchise quarterback. I really do. But I'm not sold on them. Roseman has admitted he is taking a risk. If he is wrong, the franchise is set back for 5-10 years.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How the fuck does a Rams fan not get it??? Sammie Sleeves gets hurt every damn season! How does a Rams fan not get that? Sammie Sleeves has thighs that are smaller than my arms! Dudes a twig, and can't stay healthy. What is it you don't get?

But you are sure that one of these guys will stay healthy... based on????

Hey, you are much more of a college follower. How does their college location and system compare to that of the pro's in thinking that these guys are worth going 1 and 2 overall??

Doc Green

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would the Rams gain by giving up that info to the Eagles at this point? The Rams could've used it as leverage against the Eagles and tried to get picks out of them by claiming they want the same guy as the Eagles, even if it's not true...
Integrity? Naive, I know, but I still have faith in the human race.

LongtimeRamsFan42

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Integrity? Naive, I know, but I still have faith in the human race.

Would be nice to think there is some, but not in the NFL and certainly not with Fisher(Remember all the lies of his before the RGIII trade?) lol...But seriously, the Rams are still holding private workouts with both QBs, so I don't even think a final decision has been made to tell anyone for sure...

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm wondering if they don't trade bradford and he actually plays good next year like the last half of last season? Do you still trade him for an unknown QB on the bench? Has that ever happened. I think they better move on from him now. I just think a stud RB or a stud OT would have really improved the O. I just find this fascinating lol.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams have to continue to do all their due diligence till the pick is made. Let's say Goff goes out there and does something stupid between now and the draft or slips and falls in the shower and ruptures his ACL. You have to prepare for all possible scenarios. Goff's a Cali kid, has the Cali poster boy look (can't discount merchandise sales and commercials) and more ready to start Day 1 which is what the Rams want (the don't want Case friggin Keenum opening up LA) ... Goff's started twice as many games as Wentz and played against much tuffer comp. He simply makes more sense to the Rams than Wentz. For the Eagles, taking the guy with higher upside makes more sense ... they could care less if Wentz doesn't even take a snap this year. They are looking more down the line than the Rams as they are fine with Bradford/Daniel doing the lifting this year.

Wings

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I'm glad we didn't go about it your way and get rid of Cox, which would have massively hurt the team more than they helped it.

So you think Roseman has lied to Bradford, and even AFTER the trade, is lying to the public about his reassurance and commitment to Bradford for the 2016 season. I think your wrong. Again.

I sincerely hope your not wrong about them becoming a franchise quarterback. I really do. But I'm not sold on them. Roseman has admitted he is taking a risk. If he is wrong, the franchise is set back for 5-10 years.

My Way???It wasn't "MY WAY" it was what i thought very well could happen. I didn't want to get rid of Cox, I saw it as a "GOOD" possibility being he is a hot commodity being a blue chip player, and his Cap hit will be HUGE and we just spent like crazy on locking down other existing players and free agents. I was quite certain for some time we were gonna try like hell to trade up for Wentz. Howie moved up for a 1,2 and 3 that is it! Genius move! That is all we actually gave up...next years 1, a 2 in 2018 and a 3 this year the 4's are a wash.....Brilliant move.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles hit the pipe hard for 4/20. We give up a mid 3rd, probably a top 10 1st next year along with another 3rd and a 2nd in 2018. All for 1 player who hasnt even played against the best college players let alone nfl caliber players.

They better be right on this because they've given up a ransom for it.

I don't think you know what the going rates are to move up that high. Besides swapping firsts, we're giving up a second, first and a third, spread over three years.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The cost we paid is about what I thought it would be when I was running some scenarios in my head the past couple of days - I'm mixed on this trade; I felt we were in a good position where we were, but I understand the move and I actually give kudos to Roseman for making a decision and having the balls to do it. I'll feel a bit better if Goff goes first and Wentz is the guy we end up with; I like him more. Whether you like this move or not, this is BOLD.

I'm also thinking that maybe Roseman wouldn't have made this move unless he has something in store for Sammie B too - if we can somehow pry 31 away from Denver for SB, it will make this move a little easier to swallow. Don't rule out the Jets either, but 20 might be too high a price - maybe their 2nd this year and a pick next year sounds more realistic.

Just a thought - I know the pick is going to be whatever QB the Rams don't take, but can you imagine the reaction if we took Ramsey or Tunsil instead?!!?

Relax northern, Howie was assured that the rams are taking goff.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're not trading Bradford, but we could trade Chase

No, Rey, Chase stays to mentor Carson in the WCO. I predict that Bradford goes by the end of the season, or before.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would be a thing of beauty and my absolute pleasure to watch Wentz in an Eagles' uni kick the Redskins' asses for the next decade... :suds: :yes:

I agree, a
It would be a thing of beauty and my absolute pleasure to watch Wentz in an Eagles' uni kick the Redskins' asses for the next decade... :suds: :yes:

I agree and

I agree and think that with our beefed up line, we'll win the division, and dominate.