• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Playoff Time Analysis

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if I could get some in depth analysis of my team. I am getting ready for playoffs the beginning of September and I would like to know what you all think I need to improve on in order to make it to the end. I will post my league and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Master Batters - Master Batters - Free Fantasy Baseball - ESPN

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will take a look tomorrow evening.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for tlance's analysis, but SS looks pretty tough right now. I'm a Franklin fan, but i'm wondering if maybe pitchers have figured him out. I finally got sick of waiting for Bossman Junior and dumped him.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll wait for tlance's analysis, but SS looks pretty tough right now. I'm a Franklin fan, but i'm wondering if maybe pitchers have figured him out. I finally got sick of waiting for Bossman Junior and dumped him.

Yea I know I am having issues with my SS position. If Franklin or Lake doesn't start hitting soon I may end up dropping one of them as well. Our trade deadline has passed so everything I do is going to have to come out of the FA pool.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a quick reply. Sorry

You've got 2 SPs that I'd feel confident throwing out there in the playoffs and Gio has a sore back (though hopefully not a problem)
Right off the top I'd grab Gee, Mejia, Arroyo, Kelly and maybe even G.Richards
Not knocking Liriano, Santana, and Garza, but if you're going to lose this thing, I'd guess it's because of your starters. None are sure fire, and that's what I'd want come playoff time.
I like your Cingrani and Gray pieces though for matchups! Your arms are good and they've carried you this far... but they're a risk.
As far as hitting, I'd grabb Dunn, Morneau, Reddick and Villar.
Lake can only hit fastballs and the league's adjusting. Grossman can go too. I prefer Villar to Franklin moving forward, but either way, would be great to have them on your bench, and move rollins to SS. He loses most of what value he has if he's in a util spot. I agree that Upton should probably go too

Absolutely no disrespect intended. You're in first place, obviously you know your league set up better than I do. Heck, I didn't even look at your scoring which in hindsight seems stupid of me.
But I'm working and figured I'd at least try to help lol so that's the best I got for you.

Good luck

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was wondering if I could get some in depth analysis of my team. I am getting ready for playoffs the beginning of September and I would like to know what you all think I need to improve on in order to make it to the end. I will post my league and I look forward to hearing what you all have to say.

Master Batters - Master Batters - Free Fantasy Baseball - ESPN

There are a few things I would do. First, your BA looks pretty good, so I think you can absorb a BA drainer on your squad to add some elite power. There are 2 offensive pick-up I would make immediately, and I would insert these guys in my line-up every day. There is a third that I would do also, but it is less urgent.

1. Adam Dunn for either Lake or Franklin, your choice. I would go Lake because Franklin has more category juice, but he has also been slumping pretty hard
2. Rajai Davis for Grossman- He can win you the SB category by himself.

3- Justin Morneau for either Lake or Franklin- This one isn't a must, but you have Rollins to play SS and Morneau has been red hot lately. He seems to be playing like his pre-concussion self. He was an MVP not that long ago.

On the pitching side, you have a bunch of arms who are OK, but don't need to be rostered in leagues as shallow as yours. I would drop Albers, Turner and Skaggs. Any of those guys could be used as a streaming option given the right match-up, but they don't need to be on your bench between starts. I would grab 2 RPs who give you great ratios. Not guys like Frieri and not necessarily a guy with a shot at saves either. A pitcher like Tommy Hunter or David Roberston is what I would look for (not sure if they are owned). The third spot, I would use to stream out of with the best SP available since it looks like you have a daily league. If there is some type of innings max or transaction limit, that might change my answer.

Anyhow, hope this helps. Your team looks pretty strong. With a couple tweaks, I think you can win a title for sure.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way, I am assuming this is a daily change league? If not, I will completely change my pitching advice.

Also, if you prefer Grossman to Upton, I guess you can drop him instead. I would not start either given some of the free agent options though.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would just ride Rollins at short and grab arms for Lake

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
.....and Upton.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I forgot to mention this was a dynasty league. That is the main reason I have guys like Turner, Skaggs. I like what everyone has said so far and tomorrow or sunday when I get enough time I am going to sit down and look my team over and see what I need to help me over that hump and win this year.

It is a daily league and per week we are allowed a max of 12 Starts. We also go by QS instead of Wins.

Fridays game I added Gaudin and he totally just fucked my pitcher categories up for this week. Alot of the guys just have quality arms they trust and do not even max out their pitchers starts per week. I had been doing that until this week and Gaudin screwed me over, lol. Shit happens I guess.

I appreciate all the info everyone has given me so far and I look forward to reading more!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How many players do you keep?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK that does make a big difference. I would keep Franklin for sure and I might not be able to pull the trigger on Upton either.

Guys like Lake and Grossman can still be dropped though, IMO to make your offense better today. Do either of them project as future fantasy studs? Or are they just young players enjoying a nice hot streak after being called up? Personally, I think guys like Adam Dunn have more value both for this year and the future because I see Lake and Grossman as replacement level players.

I would still be tempted to drop a couple of those pitchers too if you don't feel like they can help you today. Banners fly for ever and pitching prospects don't always pan out. I know Skaggs has been hyped, but I just don't see it unless he gets a new home ball park. Philabuster is really the guy to ask about the young players though.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis or Villar? I will give updates on the moves I made so far tomorrow once I get home from camping.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Davis or Villar? I will give updates on the moves I made so far tomorrow once I get home from camping.

I prefer Davis because he has a little pop, a longer track record, and he plays in a stronger line-up.

The only real advantage for Villar is SS eligibility, but you have Rollins and Franklin already. Unless Philabuster knows something I don't and thinks Villar has long term keeper appeal, Davis is your guy for this year IMO.

Philabuster5

Visionary (aka dreamer)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd hang on to Franklin probably in a dynasty. Closer than you'd think with Villar, but no point swapping them if they're on your bench anyway. (Was thinking THIS year in earlier post, with Franklin hitting the rookie wall at the wrong time)
Davis would be my grab too.

Not a big Skaggs fan.... tlance is right...In Arizona, his stuff might not play up enough to be more than a fantasy #4 or 5. Nothing worth hanging on to if you're trying to win this year. Matchups would be the way I'd go.

Nice job obviously this season playing the 12 start merry-go-around. There's a skill to that...one I never acquired.
The Locke blow-up is the kind of thing that makes me nervous about your rotation. A lot of those possibilities...but keep doing your thing, and hopefully it works.

And ya, no chance I'd pin any future lineup spots on Lake or Grossman...Dunn and Morneau and Davis can provide so much more (next year too!)
Good luck

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Locke has a tough schedule ahead of him and I don't see him rebounding. He has an ERA over 5 since the All Star Break. He is likely one of the first pitchers I will drop if I need to add someone.

This is what I have now after a few cuts. Master Batters - Free Fantasy Baseball - ESPN
Also what do you all think about Venable? Reddick? Right now I have 5 bench bats which I think is prolly a little too many. If i could drop 2 bats or so I could pick up a few relievers to help with my ratios.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Start Buehrle and Erv Santana for the QS tonight? they are playing each other.

Also which hitters to start choose 3...

Santana, Rosario, Dunn, Venable.

I am thinking
Rosario (because @ COL although he Arroyo is pitching)
Dunn (because he is 5/17 2hr against Dempster)
Carlos Santana and Venable are the two I am really questioning.

Help needed before games start. Thanks in advance.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd sit Venable vs the lefty Ryu.

Tough call on the pitchers. Depending on the type of league, as well as Buehrle's been pitching, the Royals are swinging some hot bats, and Erv is pretty shaky, although the Jays lineup these days doesn't exactly put fear in the opposing pitcher's eyes. Start Erv.