• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Players leaving early that are going to regret it

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Austin
KJ Daniels
Nick Johnson
DeAndre Daniels
Jarnell Stokes
Semaj Christon
James McAdoo
Jabari Brown
Jahii Carson

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Nick Johnson's NBA career doesn't pan out... there's not much to suggest it would be different with 1 more year in school. The guy was a 1st teamer on an elite team and a finalist for every player of the year award. Not much more he can show scouts.

IMO, the only regret could come in the form of missing out on being on the Arizona team this year.

Also.. Zach Lavine

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Nick Johnson's NBA career doesn't pan out... there's not much to suggest it would be different with 1 more year in school. The guy was a 1st teamer on an elite team and a finalist for every player of the year award. Not much more he can show scouts.

IMO, the only regret could come in the form of missing out on being on the Arizona team this year.

Also.. Zach Lavine

isn't he currently suppose to go in the 8-11 range. big bucks for him whether he pans out or not

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[/B]

isn't he currently suppose to go in the 8-11 range. big bucks for him whether he pans out or not

More 15-20 from what I've seen. I guess from an immediate financial standpoint, the fact that he'll likely go 1st round helps. I just think his draft position and chances at a long-term career would both go way up with another year in school.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Glen Robinson III will regret it also.

I don't think he's anything special

NDHoosier101

Reigning "Last to post" Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,338.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Glen Robinson III will regret it also.

I don't think he's anything special

I'm not sure another year would benefit him much, the guy has never impressed me much either.

CatsTopPac

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jahii Carson for sure. I would be stunned if he ever saw a single minute in the NBA.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes LaVine should have stayed another year ar ucla but his potential is through the roof. I wish they would make kids stay two years.

And yeah If Nick Johnson stays he could only hurt his stock. It can't get any higher.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes LaVine should have stayed another year ar ucla but his potential is through the roof. I wish they would make kids stay two years.

And yeah If Nick Johnson stays he could only hurt his stock. It can't get any higher.

1st rd picks are the only players guarenteed a contract. I just don't see the point of coming out unless you r a 1st rd pick.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st rd picks are the only players guarenteed a contract. I just don't see the point of coming out unless you r a 1st rd pick.

Its still possible that he goes 1st round. Not looking likely, but no one thought Solomon Hill would go 1st round last year and he did.

IMO, Johnson is jumping off a platform that was as high as it was every going to get. POY discussion all year, 1st team, etc.

Nick's problem is his size and he can't do anything about that. If another year isn't going to put you firmly into the 1st round anyway, then it isn't about going 1st round or not. Its about making the leap when you're at your highest point.

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think KJ McDaniels made a bad decision at all. He's going to go in the 1st round. I actually think he's underrated in terms of where he's projected to get drafted.

Also a couple of other guys that will regret it. Roscoe Smith and Khem Birch.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College isn't for everyone. Some of these kids just don't belong there anyways.

Lots of kids don't make the NBA and go on to make good money os. With the money being kicked around...I'm not sure there is a bad choice to go or to stay.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerami Grant is going to regret this. The NBA has seen enough now to know this kid is not ready. It's too bad becuz in a yr or so he would be much better prepared than today. He's fallen so far he may not even make a roster. Last poll I saw he wasn't in the 1st round anywhere and didn't have anyone predicting much for him.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isaiah Austin
KJ Daniels
Nick Johnson
DeAndre Daniels
Jarnell Stokes
Semaj Christon
James McAdoo
Jabari Brown
Jahii Carson

Nothing more than a D league player right now. :nod:

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem with this list is some of the kids on here have very little to gain in coming back. Chances are, this is as high as their stock is going to go, so it makes total sense for them to declare now while the "iron is hot" and strike while they can.

Sure, almost all of them probably should come back to try and improve, but considering their top-side, potential, and expectations...chances are, this is the top for them in terms of where they are going to be drafted, so they should absolutely be drafted.

Whether they make it in the NBA or not is a completely, IMO, different story.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ONLY time a guy should leave early is if he is a lottery pick IMO. The NBA is different from other pro sports, being a 2nd rounder in the NBA almost always means you are never ever going to see any time or any money. There are legit 10-15 guys that will ever pan out to anything decent and even most of those guys wont see big pay days. Now if youre happy bumming around Istanbul playing shooting guard for the Istanbul Isotopes instead of being BMOC at Arizona State and nailing all that sweet sweet sorority ass then by all means go to the land of hairy women and a bad exchange rate and make it happen. For me Im staying in school unless my name is getting called in the first 10-15 picks FOR SURE.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College isn't for everyone. Some of these kids just don't belong there anyways.

Lots of kids don't make the NBA and go on to make good money os. With the money being kicked around...I'm not sure there is a bad choice to go or to stay.

True. Thats the main reason the one and done rule is stupid. Kids should be able to get drafted at any age if a team wants to take them BUT if they enroll in college then they should be ineligible to be drafted til after their junior year.

Loneranger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Thats the main reason the one and done rule is stupid. Kids should be able to get drafted at any age if a team wants to take them BUT if they enroll in college then they should be ineligible to be drafted til after their junior year.

not to hijack a thread but I want to comment. I agree a kid should be eligible to be drafted at anytime. I disagree with the thought he should have to stay in school until after his Jr. year. I think a kid should be able to leave anytime he wants with no restrictions and this goes for all sports. What I don't agree with is the NCAA having different rules for different sports - draft rules etc. is what I mean. I think a team should be able to draft a kid when he's 16 if they want but they can't sign him until he's at least 18. If they draft a kid that early then they do it knowing they won't have him for at least a couple years. If the kid decides to go to school then they hold his rights until he wants to turn pro - or they can deal his rights anytime they want. Just a thought.

Steelboy84

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Then that should include college years too.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not to hijack a thread but I want to comment. I agree a kid should be eligible to be drafted at anytime. I disagree with the thought he should have to stay in school until after his Jr. year. I think a kid should be able to leave anytime he wants with no restrictions and this goes for all sports. What I don't agree with is the NCAA having different rules for different sports - draft rules etc. is what I mean. I think a team should be able to draft a kid when he's 16 if they want but they can't sign him until he's at least 18. If they draft a kid that early then they do it knowing they won't have him for at least a couple years. If the kid decides to go to school then they hold his rights until he wants to turn pro - or they can deal his rights anytime they want. Just a thought.

Aren't those the rules of the pro leagues more so than the NCAA? It's the NFL that says a player has to be three years out of high school, not the NCAA. Likewise, it's the NBA that says a player has to be one year out of high school (note that the players DO NOT need to go to college for those years, though it is the only realistic choice).