• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Pittsburgh Penguins(1) vs. Columbus Blue Jackets(WC 1)| ECQF

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really pulling for the Jackets in this series. Of course, the refs wouldn't allow that. So many 3-1 leads blown on both sides. I liked what I saw from this young Jackets' team and they have a bright future ahead of them. It wont take long for Ry-Jo to become one of the top players in this league. Kid has tremendous talent.

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I got it...:lame:
So, you still holding strong on your dislike over the Stempniak trade? I'd say he hasn't performed as pukey as you indicated.

Last edited by a moderator:

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure, I could blow smoke up their fans arse but I won't...this is a superior Pens team that turns to crap in the playoffs because of their internal makeup. This should have been a cake walk series, and it wasn't because of the Pens stars playing like shit and the perpetual ineptness of Abysmal D scheme. This is a continuation of Penguin playoff failures, not the Blue Jackets "talent".

There's no such thing as a cake walk series. It's called parity. The Ducks were given a run for their money out west by the Stars, that was the former 1-8 matchup. There are going to be at least 2 game 7's, maybe three after tonight. One of those is a 2-7 matchup, the Kings stormed back to tie the series at 3. Heck, the only reason things weren't replicated out East were injuries. If the Wings are healthy with a bit more time put in that goes at least 6, if Bishop doesn't go down right away, no way MTL sweeps. I sincerely can't believe you're calling a 6 game series victory a continuation of playoff failures.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was really pulling for the Jackets in this series. Of course, the refs wouldn't allow that. So many 3-1 leads blown on both sides. I liked what I saw from this young Jackets' team and they have a bright future ahead of them. It wont take long for Ry-Jo to become one of the top players in this league. Kid has tremendous talent.

The refs did nothing to "help" the Pens last night, sooooo, not sure where that comment comes from.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, you still holding strong on your dislike over the Stempniak trade? I'd say he hasn't performed as pukey as you indicated.

From what I saw, I am hoping the Jackets have a laser sight on Stemps in the offseason. And I think if the Jackets buy out Umby and Boll and let Skille walk, they could take a run at Tanner Glass too. Those guys played well.

The refs did nothing to "help" the Pens last night, sooooo, not sure where that comment comes from.

Game 3 :D

dare2be

IST EIN PINGUINE
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
From what I saw, I am hoping the Jackets have a laser sight on Stemps in the offseason. And I think if the Jackets buy out Umby and Boll and let Skille walk, they could take a run at Tanner Glass too. Those guys played well.
Well, the playoffs are still young (sorry). After all, Stemps is still just a puke forward. :)

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, the playoffs are still young (sorry). After all, Stemps is still just a puke forward. :)

Then you won't have a problem letting him walk. Perfect.

He's the only puke forward I want. I don't want any of the other puke forwards. Just that puke forward.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey ... is that "plug" ( :L ) RyJo on the trade market yet ... asking for a friend

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hey ... is that "plug" ( :L ) RyJo on the trade market yet ... asking for a friend

You can have him for the low, low, low price of your entire roster, minus Kesler, and all your draft picks for the next five years.

We like our plugs.

I expect him to get a bridge contract of 2 or 3 at 5-6m, and the cash the fuck in in two years with a 10 year deal.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not exactly. Once his shoulder got separated, he was done. And that broken finger came on the OT winner in game 4.

I'm more curious about what Wiz was playing through.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
logwxbwkem81z0hxssao.gif

Oh, and this.

Good thing Sidney's name isn't Raffi.

pixburgher66

I like your beard.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Not exactly. Once his shoulder got separated, he was done. And that broken finger came on the OT winner in game 4.

I'm more curious about what Wiz was playing through.

Yeah I saw that...didn't play through the shoulder, seeing as it ended his postseason. For his sake, I hope it's not surgical bad, but often times it's just a simple sling and rest. And for Wiz's sake...I hope he was fighting through something. He got roughed up in more than one way this series.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, and they will provide supplemental discipline for sure. Pretty blatant two hander.

:whistle:

Do you really think that's suspension worthy? Even fine worthy? Yeah, it's a two-hander, but it's to the shin guards, and I cannot think of a single precedence for supplemental discipline on a play like that.

Seabrook got three games for launching himself into a guy's head next to the boards. Under that kind of suspension environment, this doesn't even deserve a second look.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you really think that's suspension worthy? Even fine worthy? Yeah, it's a two-hander, but it's to the shin guards, and I cannot think of a single precedence for supplemental discipline on a play like that.

Seabrook got three games for launching himself into a guy's head next to the boards. Under that kind of suspension environment, this doesn't even deserve a second look.

It all depends on who does it. As I said, if his name was Raffi...

And Kudos to Arty staying on his feet

11-sidney-crosby-dive-hockey-dive-gifs.gif