• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pick 'em

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm working on getting one set up since I haven't seen anything posted.

Who wants to participate.

I'm Hopi.g to get it going week one, by Thursday.

Bulletz

Smib
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,245.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in.

wlk3

Me and the guys
Hoopla Cash
$ 168,223.71
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on getting official approval to get onto the SportsHoopla Pick'em machine!

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Working on getting official approval to get onto the SportsHoopla Pick'em machine!

Good. Should be much easier to keep track that way. Still doing weekly winners? Think we've done 1000vc for each winner (or maybe it was 500?)

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in, but we seem to never make it to the finish line.

I propose that if we are keeping season standings that if someone doesn't get their picks done at all, which happens occasionally, they are awarded 2 less points then whoever comes in last place for that week or like if you don't get your picks in on time the first day you can still pick the remaining games for the week.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in, but we seem to never make it to the finish line.

I propose that if we are keeping season standings that if someone doesn't get their picks done at all, which happens occasionally, they are awarded 2 less points then whoever comes in last place for that week or like if you don't get your picks in on time the first day you can still pick the remaining games for the week.
We're getting set up with the SportsHoopla Pick 'em software, so once I get access I can see what the options are.

The one year I was able to run this I made it all the way through, and I plan to again.

I am not giving someone free points if they don't submit at all. I try to send reminders to those that do not submit picks to give them a chance. But I know that I have had such horrible weeks that not submitting picks and only being two behind the next worst entrant would have been a huge advantage. You get what you pick, and if that is nothing, that is what you deserve.

I did allow late entries for the the week, just missing the games that had already happened, so I am hoping that is still an option with the software: sometimes life is just busy.

Hopefully we will be up and running later today. I have already submitted games for the week that will run Thursday through Sunday.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're getting set up with the SportsHoopla Pick 'em software, so once I get access I can see what the options are.

The one year I was able to run this I made it all the way through, and I plan to again.

I am not giving someone free points if they don't submit at all. I try to send reminders to those that do not submit picks to give them a chance. But I know that I have had such horrible weeks that not submitting picks and only being two behind the next worst entrant would have been a huge advantage. You get what you pick, and if that is nothing, that is what you deserve.

I did allow late entries for the the week, just missing the games that had already happened, so I am hoping that is still an option with the software: sometimes life is just busy.

Hopefully we will be up and running later today. I have already submitted games for the week that will run Thursday through Sunday.

I get it, but then people just drop out if for some reason they miss a week.

Also, IMO, if there is going to be some type of final playoffs it should be the 2 weeks before season ends before teams are in tank or rest mode.

logic

Hoopla Cash
$ 69,974.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get it, but then people just drop out if for some reason they miss a week.

Also, IMO, if there is going to be some type of final playoffs it should be the 2 weeks before season ends before teams are in tank or rest mode.
No reason to drop out with weekly rewards. Sure, you may not win it all, but you are more likely to pick up a couple of weeks vCash than win it all anyhow.

I have to see what the software can even do before I even try coming up with a playoff system. So you're saying there should have been no sixers games in the mix for the last 4 years:lol: