• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Phoenix Coyotes @ Los Angeles Kings, 4/2 7:30 PM

oxnardkingsfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great defensive effort from the team to give Quick the shutout. Phoenix limited to 17 shots on goal for the game. Pretty easy game for Quck. I still think Sutter should start Jones tomorrow night in San Jose. Then give him one of the starts in either Edmonton or Calgary. Quick needs to be well rested going into the playoffs.

Ox

smackdown380

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Great defensive effort from the team to give Quick the shutout. Phoenix limited to 17 shots on goal for the game. Pretty easy game for Quck. I still think Sutter should start Jones tomorrow night in San Jose. Then give him one of the starts in either Edmonton or Calgary. Quick needs to be well rested going into the playoffs.

Ox

Completely agree, no need to play him tomorrow with nothing on the line. Let Jones continue to get some game time under his belt. Maybe start Quick the last 3 games or so to get him back into game speed.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does that mean M Jones in net tomorrow? Not that he is a slouch, but I wonder if they will rest Quick

Don't know.
Sharks can still catch the Ducks. Kings may have a hand in deciding who they play in the first round.

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know.
Sharks can still catch the Ducks. Kings may have a hand in deciding who they play in the first round.

This.

I don't think any of the final 10 games or so leading into a playoff season are meaningless, this is when teams have a final chance to work out some kinks - the Kings have them (how about not giving up a goal a microsecond after you score?) just like any other team - and it's an opportunity to enter the playoffs on a roll.

Even though it's locked up, I'd prefer the Kings to play with some urgency but also watch the minutes of the key players to not only keep them fresh and loose but to also limit possible injuries. Jones needs to get into at least 2 games in my opinion.

Williams and Kopitar both got hurt during the last few years in these final games and it hurt them. Williams wasn't the same player for a while coming in cold missing time at the end of the season and Kopitar didn't play at all against SJ I believe.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone remember the Kings playing a more complete 60 minute game all season as last night? I don't. That was incredibly pleasant to watch, even with the Guppy twins

PuckinUgly57

Don't be a jabroni.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does anyone remember the Kings playing a more complete 60 minute game all season as last night? I don't. That was incredibly pleasant to watch, even with the Guppy twins

The fact that is WAS those two hosers just made it even more sweet.

It was such a perfect display from a team standpoint (defense, offense, pressure in all three zones, physical play, goaltending meaning Quick made the saves he had to) as well as individual play (Carter was unreal, as was Pearson. Doughty completely controlled the defensive end and was intelligent with his offensive chances) that they had no other choice but to prop the Kings.

I guess that is one way to get them to give credit where credit is due. This game was phenomenal and showed how dominant the Kings can be when they don't have brain farts.

I'm curious to see how they teat tonight's game against their lovely Fish.

laikaloco

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact that is WAS those two hosers just made it even more sweet.

It was such a perfect display from a team standpoint (defense, offense, pressure in all three zones, physical play, goaltending meaning Quick made the saves he had to) as well as individual play (Carter was unreal, as was Pearson. Doughty completely controlled the defensive end and was intelligent with his offensive chances) that they had no other choice but to prop the Kings.

I guess that is one way to get them to give credit where credit is due. This game was phenomenal and showed how dominant the Kings can be when they don't have brain farts.

I'm curious to see how they teat tonight's game against their lovely Fish.

I think it totally depends on whether they're doing it on Comcast/Bay Area, and NBCSN is picking up, or just a national broadcast.

davnlaguna

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,636.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Linden Vey will be in the press box tonight. Recalled but not in time to play.
He could play on Saturday
Per the blog