• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Phillies fans just might make up the dumbest fan base ever

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, you forgot this dandy of a quote:

"I think it's safe to say that for each player-month lost, the Phillies probably lost 1 to 2 games, that is 9 to 18 games. And remember, the Phillies lost 27 one run games. Therefore, with a healthy roster, their 73-88 record could well have been 82-80, or even 91-71."

Yes, my statement is excellent. Perhaps if you would cite some overlooked stats to undermine it's validity, then we might find out really why the Phillies won 8 less games in 2013.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yes, my statement is excellent. Perhaps if you would cite some overlooked stats to undermine it's validity, then we might find out really why the Phillies won 8 less games in 2013.

LOL @ this clown. You state completely made up figures about how many wins the Phillies should have had and then want others to cite sources to explain why his made up bullshit is disillusion.

Your typical Phllie fan, everyone!

Cobiemonster

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my statement. 9 player months lost. Decline of 70 hits. Decline of 80 runs. Loss of production means more losses, true?
There was too much math in that statement lol

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Case was closed in comment #15. Of course, you may be part of that dumb fan base detected by fan382.

No, I think that you make up the dumb fan base.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Phillies were among the worst teams in the NL in offense, defense, and pitching. That is why they lost 89 games.

navamind

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I stand by my statement. 9 player months lost. Decline of 70 hits. Decline of 80 runs. Loss of production means more losses, true?

Carlos Ruiz probably won't bat .325/.394/.540 ever again.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A -

The Blue Jays team page also has an "inbox".

I know it's an old story, but I am still curious why the Jays let Emilio Bonifacio go? What's the "real" story? Seems they let a young guy go who was touted as a part of the future in the spring for essentially nothing.
-- Dan Van Houtte

This is a two-part question. 1. Do you think the Blue Jays will do away with their policy of no contracts over five years? 2. Is there a player who is a pending free agent this year or next that would cause the policy change?
-- Jimmy B., Mooers, N.Y.

Everyone assumes that the Jays will be going after frontline starting pitching in free agency. However, what are the chances they reunite with Roy Halladay as a reclamation project?
-- Sean L., Ottawa, Ontario

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL @ this clown. You state completely made up figures about how many wins the Phillies should have had and then want others to cite sources to explain why his made up bullshit is disillusion.

So much group hogwash here. Teams don't lose for no good reason. They lose because of poor production. In may post "Next Year Will Be Exciting," I've shown you the missing production for individual injured players, the poor production from replacement players, and the resulting bottom line decline in team hits and runs. Terrible for some dumb fans here to digest these simple factors but I assumed most had finished high school.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Try Self-Taught Reading 101. My original statement was a subjective effort based on the Phillies season stats, as I explained, at analyzing why the Phillies performed so poorly in 2013. It is impossible to exactly determine how many wins an injured player can cost a team, but we know that it was significant since the team lost 70 hits and 80 runs.

Therefore, lame brain, you explain why the Phillies only won 73 games in 2013. Please enlighten me and the dumb fan base.

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exhibit A -

The Blue Jays team page also has an "inbox".

I know it's an old story, but I am still curious why the Jays let Emilio Bonifacio go? What's the "real" story? Seems they let a young guy go who was touted as a part of the future in the spring for essentially nothing.
-- Dan Van Houtte

This is a two-part question. 1. Do you think the Blue Jays will do away with their policy of no contracts over five years? 2. Is there a player who is a pending free agent this year or next that would cause the policy change?
-- Jimmy B., Mooers, N.Y.

Everyone assumes that the Jays will be going after frontline starting pitching in free agency. However, what are the chances they reunite with Roy Halladay as a reclamation project?
-- Sean L., Ottawa, Ontario

This comment would be valid if I had said "Phillies fans are stupid and no other fan base has any fans that are even slightly stupid"

Omar 382

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Try Self-Taught Reading 101. My original statement was a subjective effort based on the Phillies season stats, as I explained, at analyzing why the Phillies performed so poorly in 2013. It is impossible to exactly determine how many wins an injured player can cost a team, but we know that it was significant since the team lost 70 hits and 80 runs.

Therefore, lame brain, you explain why the Phillies only won 73 games in 2013. Please enlighten me and the dumb fan base.

Because their offense, starting pitching, and bullpen sucked. It has nothing to do with injuries.

Caligula

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
So much group hogwash here. Teams don't lose for no good reason. They lose because of poor production. In may post "Next Year Will Be Exciting," I've shown you the missing production for individual injured players, the poor production from replacement players, and the resulting bottom line decline in team hits and runs. Terrible for some dumb fans here to digest these simple factors but I assumed most had finished high school.

No. You did not.

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. You did not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caligula
It's like you aren't even watching the same sport as the rest of us.

Guess reading longer comments is too difficult for you. See comment #31. Actually, here it is since you need to be spoon fed. Your use of the large bold font is fucken retarded.

cmt #31:
You should be looking at the all important production decline in hits (70) and runs (80) that I listed. Did this cost the Phillies any games in your opinion? The Phils lost 27 one run games. Here's an even clearer picture of what happened. As I said, five key position players missed a total of 9 man-months of baseball. Look at the stats for their partial seasons. (I didn't include this in the original thread so it wouldn't be too long)
__________Out_____Games Played_____stats
howard__3 months______80________76 hits, 11 hr, 33 xbh its, 43 rbi, .266
revere___2 1/2 mos_____88________96 hits, 22 sb, .305
ruiz_____2 months _____91________83 hits, 5 hr, 21 xb hits, .269
utley____1 mo total___130________131 hits, 18 hr, 68 rbi, .282
brown___3 weeks_____135________146 hits, 27 HR, 82 rbi, .274

In general, those 9 lost man-months were responsible for the steep loss in production and therefore, wins. Throw in Halladay's loss for 3 months and include the 1 month loss of Delmon for April. A steady diet of Mayberry at .227 subbing for DY and Revere was a disaster. It really is safe to say that this likely caused a loss in 9 wins or more, at the minimum. How could it not?

jvett77

Hoopla Cash
$ 836.47
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because their offense, starting pitching, and bullpen sucked. It has nothing to do with injuries.

Nothing to do with injuries? ROFLOL Sorry about all the numbers.

This is offense:
__________Out_____Games Played_____stats
howard__3 months______80________76 hits, 11 hr, 33 xbh its, 43 rbi, .266
revere___2 1/2 mos_____88________96 hits, 22 sb, .305
ruiz_____2 months _____91________83 hits, 5 hr, 21 xb hits, .269
utley____1 mo total___130________131 hits, 18 hr, 68 rbi, .282
brown___3 weeks_____135________146 hits, 27 HR, 82 rbi, .274

Pitching: If Halladay were healthy he could have contributed several more wins despite his loss in velocity.
Bullpen: If there was more offense, the bullpen might not have lost so many games and starting pitchers like Hamels would have won more games.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am optimistic every year, but looking back at 2013 I don't see how you could possibly come to any conclusion than "they did not put together a team good enough to win". We all had hopes that Adams would help and the middle relievers would not give away a bunch of games but they sucked and they did give away a lot of games. And we all hoped Halladay would perform at a higher level but he didn't. It is crazy to act like the games missed listed above came as a shock to the front office. Ruiz missing games shouldn't even be on that list because a lot of games were from suspension and he's a guy who only plays about 120 games a year anyway. Utley-if you told them up front they would get 10 games out of him, most people would be ecstatic. Brown missed a couple weeks --what a shock! Howard?? - I know it's a cliche you hear fans say it so often but the old "couldn't they get someone from the minors to take his place and do about as good" actually applies here. Darin Ruf did about as good a job as Howard did while he was playing. Revere? He may have some potential, but let's face it- he was on pace to score 75-80 runs. I think the word we're looking for here is "meh" .

So yeah, they were not good enough this year and unless they get a few surprises next year they do not have enough in 2014 either.