• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFT speculating a possible Gore trade request - wants deanglo williams $$

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frustrated Gore says he'll play for the 49ers this season (Barrows)

"If it doesn't happen, then I'm going to have to go out there and show everybody that I'm healthy and that I can be the Frank Gore I've always been," he said. "If I have to test the market, that's what I'll have to do."

That did not appear to be Gore's intent. He spoke twice about playing out his contract - he has a year remaining - and also said he was "going to come to work and be here for my teammates and try to do the best for me." Asked directly whether he would request a trade, he said he had no comment. "That's up to the team and my agent," he said. "If they want to trade me, that's what it is. I don't have no comment on that."

Last edited by a moderator:

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like whoever made the speculation that Gore was going to demand a trade, was just making a careless assumption. Or, maybe that is one of Drew's dirty tricks, to leak a trade demand rumor to the media in order to put pressure on the team to hurry up and make a better offer to his client.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
So, I am a Huge Gore fan, I am a Canes fan and I watched the kid in college but to get the money he is asking for while having his history in injuries is a no brainer. Let him play his contract out and then assess the situation FA/Draft or maybe even someone on the roster. In no way is Hunter ready yet but I like him and working with rathman should provide him a steady base in which to advance his game

IF Gore is adamant on a De'Angelo type contract, have to agree we play it out. yeah, he already has a health concern on top of him nearing 30.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we're playing well, i can see MGT making the extension during the season. If we're looking so-so or worse, I wouldn't count on it.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If we're playing well, i can see MGT making the extension during the season. If we're looking so-so or worse, I wouldn't count on it.

i dunno?

Gore will more than likely be playing like Frank Gore, but the injury issue will always be there.

h0ckeysk83r

Haters gonna hate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm a bit much he is asking for there, i still think we need to pay the man. His injuries and age are a concern, but there is no question how much of a workhorse he has been for us. He deserves it.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hmmm a bit much he is asking for there, i still think we need to pay the man. His injuries and age are a concern, but there is no question how much of a workhorse he has been for us. He deserves it.

There's been speculation but does anyone know what kind of contract he's actually seeking?

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants the contract DW just got.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He wants the contract DW just got.

I saw that thrown out there somewhere but where did that come from? Him, Drew, speculation?

NVM, it had been so long that I forgot it was in the first post of the thread. lol. I'd have to agree that its' tough to see him getting that deal, though I do love the guy.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It's just a standard negotiation process. Asking for the highest amount, getting a counter offer and repeating from there until a deal is reached.

I agree with a 3 yr deal around $18 mil should be good for both sides.

I'd also load up some incentives for both games played and yards. Let him push for the yards, but also give him something for when we're resting throughout the year.

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What Baalke meant about Gore (Press Democrat)

It’s also fair to call the fact Gore won’t get an extension before the season a slap in Gore’s face, since the team awarded both Vernon Davis and Patrick Willis with contract extensions before last season. The 49ers set a precedent that they reward their top players, and now they’re not following through with Gore.

This doesn't make any sense to me. Everyone knows that nearly every single running back tends to fade away into obscurity after the age of 30. The 49ers aren't saying Gore isn't one of their best players, or slapping him in the face, by not giving him what he wants. They're being smart about not giving a huge contract to a 28 year old running back who has a history of injuries.

When Gore, Davis, and Willis all outplayed their rookie contracts (Well, maybe not VD, since he was already the highest paid TE)... the 49ers extended them. This is Gore's second time on this ride, it is by no means a disrespectful action from the front office to show prudence.

Bracus

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It seems like whoever made the speculation that Gore was going to demand a trade, was just making a careless assumption. Or, maybe that is one of Drew's dirty tricks, to leak a trade demand rumor to the media in order to put pressure on the team to hurry up and make a better offer to his client.

It was pft.com. They're horrible. I don't even call those things articles. The original article was they "sensed" a trade coming.

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Adam Schefter (spelling) on espn tonight was talking about the 49ers and gore. Said thy are meeting on Monday. Adam said that gore was upset on how slow things were going and that is why gore requested a trade. I crapped my pants and wondered if it was a slip up.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Adam Schefter (spelling) on espn tonight was talking about the 49ers and gore. Said thy are meeting on Monday. Adam said that gore was upset on how slow things were going and that is why gore requested a trade. I crapped my pants and wondered if it was a slip up.

Wow, Gore can be frustrating at times, but I would like to keep him around.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know - and I'm saying it would be astronomically stupid for the FO to let one preseason performance against a mediocre team's second stringers influence their decision on whether they wanna give Gore that money or not.

Agreed Hunter cant hold Gores jock, he had a good game against scrubs on defense. Gore has put up numbers every year, we lose Gore then we better go get a back because Gore is the only stud on this team

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
The other thing is, the team that we trade him to would have to pay him Deangelo money.

Which team is going to do that at this point??? Probably none.

mem49er

KAEP
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing is, the team that we trade him to would have to pay him Deangelo money.

Which team is going to do that at this point??? Probably none.

I have one obvious for ya'. Carolina! Trade him for Stewart and call it even, lol.