• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFT speculating a possible Gore trade request - wants deanglo williams $$

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
With Gore, Niners far apart, trade request could be next

Running back Frank Gore’s decision to conduct only a short holdout doesn’t mean he has abandoned his hope for a new long-term deal.

Per a source with knowledge of the situation, Gore wants DeAngelo Williams money. And since Gore hasn’t gotten what he wants, he’s getting frustrated.

Currently, the two sides are far apart. The situation has been described to PFT as “volatile,” and the next step could be a trade request.

Gore, 28, has gained more than 6,400 yards on the ground in six NFL seasons. He has a career rushing average of 4.7 yards per carry.

He’s due to earn $4.9 million in 2011, the final year of his contract.

With Gore, Niners far apart, trade request could be next | ProFootballTalk

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize D'Angelo was 28 also. Giving 20 mil guaranteed to a 28 year old RB seems silly. As much as I like Frank don't think he's worth that money. And I don't think he's getting that money any where else.

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I didn't realize D'Angelo was 28 also. Giving 20 mil guaranteed to a 28 year old RB seems silly. As much as I like Frank don't think he's worth that money. And I don't think he's getting that money any where else.

Yeah I agree. I wouldnt want to dish out that kind of money. The panthers overpaid for williams, we shouldnt for Gore.

Gore's injury history makes it that much more of a risk as well.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be his final season as a Niner. There is no way he's gonna get DW money from us. the Panthers are spending Snyder kind of money. Look at what they paid Kalil and Johnson. Using any of their contracts as a comparison is a joke.

I_am_1z

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Baalke almost made Lagarrette Blount a niner.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Gore to death, would hate to see him go, but he's not gonna get that kind of scratch. That bring said, if anyone deserves to get paid it's him. I still remember reading an article about him seeing players joking around in the parking lot after a loss back in the day...(rookie year?) was so mad about the loss that it brought him to tears when he saw their behavior...he has a true love for the game and a true sense of team pride.

erckm510

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 yrs 18-20 mil with 7-9 guaranteed seems about right for Gore.

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
No way on the DW money and he doesn't exactly have the leverage for it either. Nodody else is going to give him DW money and it's not like he's been an iron man out there either.

I'm all for paying the guy but he should get paid for what he's worth not for what he's done. This isn't the case like Chris Johnson where he's grossly underpaid as the team did do right by him in 07 when they gave him a new contract when they didn't have to.

So I really can't side with Gore on this one as yes he's been good to the team but the team has been good to him also.

jaypok626

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Could be his final season as a Niner. There is no way he's gonna get DW money from us. the Panthers are spending Snyder kind of money. Look at what they paid Kalil and Johnson. Using any of their contracts as a comparison is a joke.

Those were exactly my thoughts about the Panthers this off-season. They grossly overpaid Williams and dished out an enormous amount of money for a player that has been a starter at his position for a whopping one year. Let Washington (in seasons past) do it. Let Carolina do it. But let's not see the 49ers do it.

kennyt12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there was a time to trade Gore and get maximum value, it would be sooner than later. Once a RB hits 30, the downward spiral begins.

I agree that we need to be secretly shopping him. I'm not sure we'd get enough value to trade him though. I don't think we'd get much more than a 3rd or 4th round pick. Kendall Hunter looked really good against the Raiders but I'm not sure he's ready to be a number 1 yet. He could be next year though.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Hunter's "performance" against the raiders is affecting any talks between Gore and FO?

I say give Gore a reasonable offer and a fair one to boot. We have an offense that can be a real threat if we are positioned in the playoffs...

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Hunter's "performance" against the raiders is affecting any talks between Gore and FO?

I say give Gore a reasonable offer and a fair one to boot. We have an offense that can be a real threat if we are positioned in the playoffs...

So one performance, in preseason, against the Raiders' second and third stringers, is stipulating whether we wanna extend Gore or not?

Great.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So one performance, in preseason, against the Raiders' second and third stringers, is stipulating whether we wanna extend Gore or not?

Great.

*sigh*

It's a matter of discussion.... Seeing Hunter or any Rb showing some good outings, would that affect the view on Gore's importance from the FO and/or does Gore feel a little less secured as far as his position?(never had competition at the RB before)

Now not annointing Hunter as the next best but for discussion purposes only, besides I still chose Gore over them. :flock:

clyde_carbon

Unfkwthble
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*sigh*

It's a matter of discussion.... Seeing Hunter or any Rb showing some good outings, would that affect the view on Gore's importance from the FO and/or does Gore feel a little less secured as far as his position?(never had competition at the RB before)

Now not annointing Hunter as the next best but for discussion purposes only, besides I still chose Gore over them. :flock:

I know - and I'm saying it would be astronomically stupid for the FO to let one preseason performance against a mediocre team's second stringers influence their decision on whether they wanna give Gore that money or not.

RedneckNiner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm all for Gore getting paid and I hope the front office works something out with him and a reasonable amount of money. But DW money.. yeah no.. though with his hip injury maybe he can get a medic alert sponsorship..

JMedlock5186

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, I am a Huge Gore fan, I am a Canes fan and I watched the kid in college but to get the money he is asking for while having his history in injuries is a no brainer. Let him play his contract out and then assess the situation FA/Draft or maybe even someone on the roster. In no way is Hunter ready yet but I like him and working with rathman should provide him a steady base in which to advance his game

luckyluke22

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Its not that Hunter's performance makes Gore expendable. Although it has been mentioned, that's a total media tool to create juicy news/gossip. Anyone with football IQ knows one preseason game from a fourth round rookie doesn't make a Pro Bowl, almost record setting, fringe HOF RB expendable.
D Williams was definitely overpaid. Do you think we should overpay Gore? And if so by how much? I'd be fine with overpaying because of off-field value, but nowhere near the extent Caroline overpaid.
If I was Baalke/Paraag... Maybe 4 years 28 million with 15-20 guaranteed. That's a pay raise but not in the guaranteed portion, and extends him till he's 33 right? Perfect time for him to bow out or take a significant pay cut. The problem would be a Shaun Alexander-type collapse...

spacedoodoopistol

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I came in here to say that Bill Walsh wouldn't have re-signed him......but then I went and looked up Roger Craig's career, and the Niners didn't get rid of him until he was 31, and did some of his best work at 28 - 29. One thing you definitely don't do is pay Gore a bit extra because he's been a good Niner, but he's probably worth 6 - 7 mil a year through 31. Hard to justify much more.