• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

PFT speculating a possible Gore trade request - wants deanglo williams $$

bvanthielriceyoung

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Long one of the most well-liked 49ers, running back Frank Gore has had a hard time hiding his frustrations this camp regarding the lack of a new contract.

Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com reports that Gore has uncharacteristically “snapped” at some of his assistant coaches. Some of his frustration may come from playing more in the preseason than previous years.

Gore is hoping to get a contract before the season starts. His agent will meet with the 49ers next week in an effort to do so.

It will be interesting to see how many carries Gore gets Saturday night following the news.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/26/frank-gore-showing-frustration/

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
But Gore has 530 more carries than Williams, which means he's about two seasons further down his career than Williams. Gore deserves a three year, $30 million with $20 million in guarantees. Such a contract would probably be extended to a five-year, $42-$47 million deal with the final two years gratuitous and meaningless in order to inflate the overall contract value to make the agent look good - a common practice in the NFL.

hmmm.....$10M/year is still high but not so high it can't be done? i'd think Gore can have two more seasons at this similar level? the 3rd year will likely be less performance, but not so less he can't play at all?

is $10M/year reasonable for a complete back, i'd think yes?

in the end, don't want the 49ers to cave in, stick to what they feel Gore is worth. if Gore "retires", so be it.

guess i should've looked up the franchise amount first. :-(

threelittleturds

anteater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Gore would accept the sort of contract where he gets paid say, 5 million a year base salary, and then everything else is all incentive type bonuses. Work it out where he gets a bonus for every game he plays, and if he plays all 16 it adds up to 1 million dollars. If he makes the pro-bowl, another million, etc.

Just something where he gets paid the money he deserves for staying healthy and being one of the best RBs in the NFL statistically, but if he isn't lucky enough to stay healthy then the 49ers don't have to overpay for an injured player.

MW49ers5

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
The team seems more than willing to give Gore a good deal I think it's up to Gore to come back down into reality and work out a reasonable deal for both sides.

Just because one guy that you're better than got overpaid doesn't mean that you should expect teams to rush out and pay the same money.