• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peters and Johnson most important Eagles

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the lack of depth at OL, you gotta figure that the Offensive Tackles are far and away the most important Eagles players this year. The team can arguably withstand an injury at any other position. But at Offensive Tackle, you go from Pro Bowl quality play straight to UDFA.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dave, you are Captain Obvious.
Seriously, it is a major concern, as her are no good backups @ OT.
OT s/b the top priority for next year.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We get an injury prone, immobile QB then ignore adding any depth on the OL. That's my biggest problem with this draft. We have 18 different ILB's though ...

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
VJsw1MaU_400x400.jpeg

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want to go to the backup QB again. We saw that last year and it wasn't pretty. The backup Dline and backup Safeties are pretty weak as well.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bear shits in the woods and Tim Tebow still sucks as a QB.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really want to go to the backup QB again. We saw that last year and it wasn't pretty. The backup Dline and backup Safeties are pretty weak as well.

The backup QB last year put up the same numbers as the starter. And the difference between Safety #2 and #6 seems to be pretty negligible at this point. Its all about delta between the starters and backups.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A bear shits in the woods and Tim Tebow still sucks as a QB.

He'll give us a chance to win should the first two guys falter. But I guess you want Barkley out there. hahaha LMFAO.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The backup QB last year put up the same numbers as the starter.

Do your math again. Or you can go back and read our discussion from a month ago. Either way I'm not too interested in continuing to converse about your Sanchez delusions.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do your math again. Or you can go back and read our discussion from a month ago. Either way I'm not too interested in continuing to converse about your Sanchez delusions.

Yeah I recall we did debate Sanchez performance from all directions, and at the end of it you pretty much ignored the fact that your opinion could not be supported by the facts. No reason to go there again. Suffice it to say that both Foles and Sanchez's performance were not deemed to be up to snuff by Kelly and he went out and got Bradford. But he was also impressed enough with Sanchez to reward him a 2 year contract extension at a very good salary, and opted to ship Foles out of town.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He'll give us a chance to win should the first two guys falter. But I guess you want Barkley out there. hahaha LMFAO.

If our only choices left are Tebow and Barkley the jokes on us genius. I guess you're right though, I rather have Tebow -- If we're going to suck we might as well shoot for the best draft status, go Teblow!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If our only choices left are Tebow and Barkley the jokes on us genius. I guess you're right though, I rather have Tebow -- If we're going to suck we might as well shoot for the best draft status, go Teblow!

How'd the Cardinals do with their 3rd string QB in the playoffs last year, bright guy?

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow imo is the perfect #3 QB for us because he brings a harder skillset to prepare for than most QB's. You're #3 usually isn't a guy who can come in there and start picking apart defenses ... that's why their #3's and not #1's. So an ideal #3 imo is a guy who is difficult for Defenses to prepare for in a short amount of time and a guy who's not going to come in there and cost you games. If you simply bring in a Matt Barkley Defenses don't have to adjust at all ... with Tebow Defenses would be "guessing" as to what plays Chip has in store for them. In a Chip Offense I'd take Tebow probably over any other #3 in the league.

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Tebow fan but I predict he will beat out Matt Barkley. Chip's scheme is simple enough that he will be able to make basic throws, and of course he can make some things happen with his legs. He is a better fit than Barkley.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tebow imo is the perfect #3 QB for us because he brings a harder skillset to prepare for than most QB's. You're #3 usually isn't a guy who can come in there and start picking apart defenses ... that's why their #3's and not #1's. So an ideal #3 imo is a guy who is difficult for Defenses to prepare for in a short amount of time and a guy who's not going to come in there and cost you games. If you simply bring in a Matt Barkley Defenses don't have to adjust at all ... with Tebow Defenses would be "guessing" as to what plays Chip has in store for them. In a Chip Offense I'd take Tebow probably over any other #3 in the league.

There probably wouldn't be many better #3s in the entire league. But I'll wait for deerpathdave on this one. He's definitely the expert on that comparison. I imagine he's got it saved on his desktop.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a Tebow fan but I predict he will beat out Matt Barkley. Chip's scheme is simple enough that he will be able to make basic throws, and of course he can make some things happen with his legs. He is a better fit than Barkley.

It's a done deal, Iggy. Tebow will run the wildcat in goalline situations, and 2 point conversions.

Birds4life81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How'd the Cardinals do with their 3rd string QB in the playoffs last year, bright guy?

They sucked vs the 7-8-1 Panthers…just like most teams with their 3rd string QB. Just like we will with either Tebow or Barkley -- you're not really helping your argument here dumdum. I find it funny you're actually arguing Tebow vs Barkley LOL. You never cease to amaze me. We will be going no where with either of these two so who cares.

deerpathdave

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was a little surprised that the Eagles didn't sign an OL in FA. I thought Orlando Franklin would have been a good fit. You would think He would have been more useful to this team than a 3rd RB for sure. Then to go without drafting one as well...

You have to figure these guys are not asleep at the switch. We do know that 4 of the 5 current starters are arguably Pro Bowl level players. They seem to think highly of Barbre and Tobin as well. With the way NFL rosters and rotations are done, there are often only 7 OL active on game day, and basically the 5 man unit never comes off the field barring injury. And the length of career is often longer than other positions, and the rate of injury is less (on average). Its also proven that the inside positions can routinely be found late in the draft and FA. In fact, only one of the Eagles offensive lineman was drafted high in the draft.

Its hard for us to understand as we don't see the backups play much, but you gotta figure that the team is fairly happy with the current crew. Obviously, you would always like to add a stud, but a 3rd round or later pick, may be no better than the current guys anyways.