• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks have never impressed me more as an organization.

Truelly remarkable how they've weathered the storm.

Hillbillyzombie

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Last I checked, this thread is about the Seahawks, not any other team. Last I checked, the Seahawks were on the verge of being a DYNASTY, but have since fallen off. Noone is saying they suck, noone is saying they have become a crap team, but there is NO denying they have declined in success and part of that is due to the Rams now being a juggernaut.

But yea, instead of having a constructive conversation, let's do the whole "you said bad things about my team so I'm gonna say bad things about yours" childish dialogue.
And here I thought this thread was about Pete Carroll getting a contract extension.. Also let me ask you how a team goes from missing the playoffs last year to making it this year as 'Regression'? The team was busy the last two years cutting the cancer out of the team and it shows this year, even though this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.
ea3.gif

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And here I thought this thread was about Pete Carroll getting a contract extension.. Also let me ask you how a team goes from missing the playoffs last year to making it this year as 'Regression'? The team was busy the last two years cutting the cancer out of the team and it shows this year, even though this was supposed to be a rebuilding year.
ea3.gif

From what I saw it's about the downward spiral of the Seahawks under Pete Carroll. Going from 2 straight Super Bowls to not making the playoffs is a regression. They made the playoffs this year. 1 step higher than last year. Congrats. The point is from the Seahawks of 2015-Now is a regression from where they were from 2013-2014. I don't see how that's debatable.

Dude McCrackin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downward spiral I'm referring to is going from a favorite to win the NFC to missing the playoffs last year. That's called a decline. Regression. Whatever you wanna call it. Y'all keep acting like I'm saying they suck or they are a bad franchise. I'm simply pointing out that they are not as good/successful as they were 4-5 years ago.

Brother you sound like a fucking idiot. They missed the playoffs last year and won 9 games and this year have made the playoffs and win 10 games.

That means they are back on the way up not down.

For fuck sakes did I really join a site where people are this stupid.

The Steelers were predicted to challenge for the AFC this year.. they are on a massive downward spiral.

Also the rest of the NFL is going to LOVE Seattle’s off-season with all that crap space coming up.

This is 2012 all over again where Seattle makes a playoff run then wins the whole enchilada next year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brother you sound like a fucking idiot.

I'm not your brother, pal!

That means they are back on the way up not down.

Noone has argued that at all. What's been argued is that this team has regressed since 2014. That's just a fact. 2 straight Super Bowls to missing the playoffs. How's that not regressing?

For fuck sakes did I really join a site where people are this stupid.

If you think this is stupid, don't go to ANY OTHER BOARD on here! Let me save you from this site haha

The Steelers were predicted to challenge for the AFC this year.. they are on a massive downward spiral.

Downward spiral isn't the same as a bad year.

Also the rest of the NFL is going to LOVE Seattle’s off-season with all that crap space coming up.

I'll bookmark this and comeback to it during the offseason to see how your prediction held up.

This is 2012 all over again where Seattle makes a playoff run then wins the whole enchilada next year.

Consider this bookmarked as well. Seattle wins the Super Bowl in 2019. Got it.

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think this is stupid, don't go to ANY OTHER BOARD on here! Let me save you from this site haha

No shit, god forbid he stumbles on one of your threads in the college football forum.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I definitely hope these kind of downward spirals continue by RW while being coached by PC...

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-26_11-25-25.jpeg
    upload_2018-12-26_11-25-25.jpeg
    11.1 KB · Views: 3

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Building a team and making pro bowlers out of middle to late round draft picks. Not following the ridiculous mock drafts and prospect rankings and drafting guys they want taking guys like Wilson and wagner in the 2nd and 3rd round when they were supposed to be 4th and 5th round talent.

Definitely the case... Look at these guys PC coached up who played very well but left the Hawks via FA and didn't bode as well w/ their new teams...

DB: Byron Maxwell
LB: Malcom Smith
LB: Bruce Irvin
DB: Walter Thurmond

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You picked a clip from a 2012 game? When they weren't in the downward spiral? :L:L

Doesn't matter when a "spiral" was thrown... It was thrown by the guy under Pete Carroll... It was a perfect spiral and then gravity brought it downward...

a spiral is the continuous lateral rotation of the football following its release from the hand of a passer....

Think before you stink...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter when a "spiral" was thrown... It was thrown by the guy under Pete Carroll... It was a perfect spiral and then gravity brought it downward... Think before you stink...

Aah shit, I read it wrong. MAH BAD!

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at the end of the day I would rather be in the situation we are in right now than a lot of teams right now. I mean in the NFC alone you have a 13 win Vikings team that committed a ton of money to a QB that can barely get them in the playoffs, the packers fired their coach and Aaron Rodgers is getting old, The eagles went from winning the chip to probably not making the playoffs, The falcons will never make it back to the super bowl and they have a disgruntled WR that wants to be paid and an overrated QB getting paid, The Panthers started 6-2 and spiraled into not making the playoffs, the giants have question marks at QB. the 49ers have a QB coming back from a major injury. The list is endless

I would much rather have a young team gaining a ton of experience making the playoffs. Even if we get bounced in the playoffs I would be excited for next year

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well at the end of the day I would rather be in the situation we are in right now than a lot of teams right now. I mean in the NFC alone you have a 13 win Vikings team that committed a ton of money to a QB that can barely get them in the playoffs, the packers fired their coach and Aaron Rodgers is getting old, The eagles went from winning the chip to probably not making the playoffs, The falcons will never make it back to the super bowl and they have a disgruntled WR that wants to be paid and an overrated QB getting paid, The Panthers started 6-2 and spiraled into not making the playoffs, the giants have question marks at QB. the 49ers have a QB coming back from a major injury. The list is endless

I would much rather have a young team gaining a ton of experience making the playoffs. Even if we get bounced in the playoffs I would be excited for next year

I'm not arguing with you on anything here. Like I've said, not saying the Seahawks are bad. All I'm saying is and all I've said was that the Seahawks have regressed and regressed badly. Gone through a lot of changes and now have to deal with the Rams being legit playoff contenders each year. It's not surprising that the Panthers, Eagles or Falcons have fallen off. They weren't that good before their respective Super Bowl seasons. That's not a downward spiral or a regression, that's just having a fluke year.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense something. A presence I have not felt since......

4874.jpg

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Definitely the case... Look at these guys PC coached up who played very well but left the Hawks via FA and didn't bode as well w/ their new teams...

DB: Byron Maxwell
LB: Malcom Smith
LB: Bruce Irvin
DB: Walter Thurmond

I mean there are some players that still had productive seasons whether or not it matched what they were asking for to stay on the team was another question. I kinda wished Golden Tate was still on the team. Russell Okung and Max Unger had some solid seasons the last 2 years but it took unger getting over injury and okung finding a better situation with the chargers than Denver

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Yankees have been on a downward spiral for 9 years."

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not arguing with you on anything here. Like I've said, not saying the Seahawks are bad. All I'm saying is and all I've said was that the Seahawks have regressed and regressed badly. Gone through a lot of changes and now have to deal with the Rams being legit playoff contenders each year. It's not surprising that the Panthers, Eagles or Falcons have fallen off. They weren't that good before their respective Super Bowl seasons. That's not a downward spiral or a regression, that's just having a fluke year.

well that's a fair point but I think you are smart enough to know that not everyone is the New England Patriots. Pretty much every team in the league that has either won a super bowl or had a great roster needed to go through a low point maybe miss a playoff appearance to change their identity and get it right. Look at the Chargers since the days of Shawne Merriman, Ladanian Tomlinson and prime Antonio gates. It took them years of mediocrity, missing the playoffs and changing a city to get back to where they are.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well that's a fair point but I think you are smart enough to know that not everyone is the New England Patriots. Pretty much every team in the league that has either won a super bowl or had a great roster needed to go through a low point maybe miss a playoff appearance to change their identity and get it right. Look at the Chargers since the days of Shawne Merriman, Ladanian Tomlinson and prime Antonio gates. It took them years of mediocrity, missing the playoffs and changing a city to get back to where they are.

Well yes, the Patriots are the exception, not the rule. And yes, every team goes through a period of regression or mediocrity, but the Seahawks are different in my opinion. They were feared. It wasn't like oh yeah It's Tom Brady, we don't wanna underestimate him, he's the GOAT. No, it was, oh shit, Seattle? Russell Wilson, Legion of Boom, the enormous sound and crowd benefit that we have to battle? It was a SCARY place to play. It was a scary team to play. None of that is the case anymore.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"The Yankees have been on a downward spiral for 9 years."

Honestly it's been like 15 years but yeah, you are correct. What's your point?

Also, like I stated before, love when people point at the opposing persons teams instead of just adding constructive conversation to the debate. So childish lol.

"You said something bad about my team so I'm gonna say something bad about yours! Waah!"