• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pete Carroll signed to extension ensuring the downward spiral continues...

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terry Rode seems to have a bad case of Pete Carroll butthurt.

How? Because I'm pointing out the regression of the Seahawks as a team? Just thought that was pointing out the obvious.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please post links. I'd love to see what stupidity they said about how the Seahawks were gonna lose 10+ games this year.
I didn't .start the thread. I don't hav
How? Because I'm pointing out the regression of the Seahawks as a team? Just thought that was pointing out the obvious.
Butt

Hurt

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please post links. I'd love to see what stupidity they said about how the Seahawks were gonna lose 10+ games this year.

Seattle Seahawks (4-12): Ex-LOBer Richard Sherman nailed it when he said, "They’ve lost their way." Russell Wilson could generate 100% of the offense this year, and it won't be enough for a roster that's crumbling around him.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I guess we have differing ideas on what a "downward spiral" is. Since RW arrived in 2012, last season was the only one without double digit wins. Expecting a team to make the SB every year is wildly unrealistic unless you're playing in a league of Washington Generals. Through the stretch of 2012-2016, the only other team to win double digits and make the divisional round or better every year was the Patriots. And now PC has taken a team that was supposed to be a loser and is on track for 10 wins again and already in the playoffs. If that's a downward spiral, what are we to say about 28 or 29 of the other teams in the league?

The downward spiral I'm referring to is going from a favorite to win the NFC to missing the playoffs last year. That's called a decline. Regression. Whatever you wanna call it. Y'all keep acting like I'm saying they suck or they are a bad franchise. I'm simply pointing out that they are not as good/successful as they were 4-5 years ago.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't .start the thread. I don't hav

Butt

Hurt

You didn't start the thread but you made a statement that people predicted this team to win 4-6 games. I feel like it's your job to provide proof of that, unless you saw 1 source and just embellished it from 1 person to multiple people.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seattle Seahawks (4-12): Ex-LOBer Richard Sherman nailed it when he said, "They’ve lost their way." Russell Wilson could generate 100% of the offense this year, and it won't be enough for a roster that's crumbling around him.

I saw that and as I said in response to your link, Nate Davis is a fucking idiot.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Every team regresses after they go to back to back Super bowls. That doesn't make the coach bad.

Yes, the Rams are in their window right now. This is the NFL where Windows open and close very quickly. The sign of a good program and coach is when your windows stay open 5+years or they open multiple times in a decade. Pete has done and is doing just that.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw that and as I said in response to your link, Nate Davis is a fucking idiot.

And yet the fact remains he said it on record. Spin that all you want, you got exactly what you asked for.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The downward spiral I'm referring to is going from a favorite to win the NFC to missing the playoffs last year. That's called a decline. Regression. Whatever you wanna call it. Y'all keep acting like I'm saying they suck or they are a bad franchise. I'm simply pointing out that they are not as good/successful as they were 4-5 years ago.

"Not successful as they were 4-5 years ago" is not the equivalent of "downward spiral" in my mind. I could agree objectively with the first phrase. The second is over the top and on the verge of hyperbole.

But either way, this season has proven to be better than last. Also better than what was predicted. The Rams have been beatable lately (and as it was, their 2 wins over Seattle this year were both tight games). If Seattle makes it deeper into the playoffs than they do, I'm not convinced the Rams will be favorites in the division next year.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Every team regresses after they go to back to back Super bowls. That doesn't make the coach bad.

I understand that and it does make the coach look bad to a certain extent, in my opinion. If the coach is a really good coach, he'll be able to minimize the regression. This regression lasted 4 years. Like I said, I'm not saying they are a bad team, I'm just not gonna toot Carroll's horn like most on here just because he's managed to get the Seahawks to the 2nd round after going to 2 straight Super Bowls and pretend that that isn't a regression or a decline or a downward spiral, whatever you want to call it.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams also used to beat the Seahawks when Seattle was the best team in football and The Rams were terrible. 2 games do not a season make.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And yet the fact remains he said it on record. Spin that all you want, you got exactly what you asked for.

Okay but I said links, because it was told to me that "for a team PEOPLE said they would win 4-6 games". Still waiting on these other "people". 1 person sayin it just makes the 1 person saying it a fucking idiot. If 1 person said it, that's fine, but don't purport it to seems like a bunch of analysts were saying this in the beginning of the season.

Yo Tee

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,749.98
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But either way, this season has proven to be better than last. Also better than what was predicted. The Rams have been beatable lately (and as it was, their 2 wins over Seattle this year were both tight games). If Seattle makes it deeper into the playoffs than they do, I'm not convinced the Rams will be favorites in the division next year.

I agree with this. Rams have looked very beatable lately. Wouldn't be surprised if they fall to the 3rd seed in the playoffs and end up losing to Seattle/Minnesota/Philly in the first round.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that and it does make the coach look bad to a certain extent, in my opinion. If the coach is a really good coach, he'll be able to minimize the regression. This regression lasted 4 years. Like I said, I'm not saying they are a bad team, I'm just not gonna toot Carroll's horn like most on here just because he's managed to get the Seahawks to the 2nd round after going to 2 straight Super Bowls and pretend that that isn't a regression or a decline or a downward spiral, whatever you want to call it.

He did minimize the regression. He took a team with dysfunctional members that wasnt working, lost 5 Probowlers, and immediately turned Seattle into a playoff team.

Your opinion can be wrong. You're going off of Super bowl teams, where there is no where to go but down. From last year to this year, Pete has improved the team. That's not regression.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Okay but I said links, because it was told to me that "for a team PEOPLE said they would win 4-6 games". Still waiting on these other "people". 1 person sayin it just makes the 1 person saying it a fucking idiot. If 1 person said it, that's fine, but don't purport it to seems like a bunch of analysts were saying this in the beginning of the season.

"Post the link please."

So you're wrong again. How are you gonna spin this one?

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And there's the faceplam. Looks like we're done here.

JMR

Go Army!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. Rams have looked very beatable lately. Wouldn't be surprised if they fall to the 3rd seed in the playoffs and end up losing to Seattle/Minnesota/Philly in the first round.
Well, Seattle vs Rams is an impossibility in the WC round. The only way the Rams drop to 3 is if they lose to the 49ers at home *and* Chicago beats Minn. If the Vikings lose, Seattle is locked into the 5 seed even if they step on it at home vs Arizona.

But other than that minor nitpick, I agree that it wouldn't be a huge surprise to see LAR struggle in Jan based on the way it's gone for them lately.