• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Perspective

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's me. A recently turned 21 year old college kid, who came off one of the best birthdays and weekends of me short life, to watch the Husker football game against thee mighty Cocks.

The group of us that went on me trip to Denver decided to wartch the cap one bowl at Applebees in North Platte, and I had ordered up me first legal beer en sech when the game wes about to start. :cool2:

So as I'm sittin there watching the Huskers fuck themselves in the anus, I realize a few things about this here football team.

Our Huskers are full of kids. We have nobody on the team with any real swag, moxy, or leadership.. just a bunch of kids who don't know how to respond to adversity, and can be caught whining and picking fights. We Huskers need LEADERS to rise up out of somewhere, and make LEGENDS out of their peers.

We as a team (and more importantly, coaching staff) need to grow up, and take care of business. The world is not out to get us, nobody has an agenda, and the BCS is not why they make the calls. Grow up, act like men, don't take shit from anybody, but don't pout in the corner when shit does come.

Another issue.. Don't bitch to the world, and yourn teammates about how little playing time ye be getting, and how much you miss your little piece of heaven in Texas or wherever.. You play football for THE UNIVERSITY OF NEBRASKA, and I would give anything just to be on the sidelines for 5 minutes of a game.. Playing football for Nebraska means something, no matter what message your coach conveys to you about it.

And please stop with the "it's just another game" bullshit attitude. There is no "process" and not everything leads us in the right direction. Pull your head out of your ass, and realize that we fans crave big wins, and the fans are part of the program too, whether you want to admit it or not. We need a good season, and once again.. you play/coach for NEBRASKA

One major got danged issue I have, and perhaps the biggest thing for me.. Let the damn best players play. IF a guy is constantly missing reads that blow HUGE plays for us, pull his ass.. If a guy is slow as shit on D, and takes piss-poor angles anyway, don't just play him because he 'knows the defense'.. Where in thee fuck have PJ, Josh, and Courtney been on D?? those guys are sure as shit better than some of the straight shit play we had to watch this year. Bo's "doghouse" which I had believed to be a myth, is quite ridiculous, and he really needs to grow up there..

Tim Beck called some plays that should have been really big yesterday.. but... I don't know if it's him or Bo, but dammit, Jamal Turner NEEDS to touch the fucking ball at least five times a game. I don't care if he runs lazy routes, or lacks whatever in practice. The kid is a major GAMER, and would probably benefit if he got real game experience with the ball. Some people just learn differently, and not everyone can be Rex Burkhead..

EVERY position on the damn team needs to be up for grabs next year.. scrap any and all sorts of favoritism to presumed starters, and let the most hungry kids grab what they want. This will fuel the team to be better, and quite frankly should be done every year.

Well fellers, I'm done for now.. We have a great recruiting class to be signed in a month, and I can drink at thee bars en sech. Stay positive about your Huskers, we are really close, but have a lot of work to do in the offseason. If these kids can just find the SWAG that they talk about so much, and truly understand what it means to play, and live their lives with true Husker swag.. We can't be beat.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a lot like I was saying at the start of the season. A lot of timid players on the field.

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds a lot like I was saying at the start of the season. A lot of timid players on the field.

Some of them seem to get comfortable playing like a lost cow when they have no threat of being pulled for the hungrier kids behind them..

Skerpokes

Calmer Than You Are
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Weird thing is I felt like they had that "swagger 2 years ago and even 3 years ago during Suh's last 2 years. The difference is I think the team team followed Suh's lead and played with attitude. Now they don't have anybody to jump on the back of, or if they do, they just don't for some reason. You would hope that they take on the attitude of Burkhead on offense and David on D but for whatever reason they don't. Hopefully somebody steps up next year.

Big Red Said

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drinking is not good for you... unless it is milk!

:mmph:..........:hug:

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Drinking is not good for you... unless it is milk!

:mmph:..........:hug:

:thumb:

just a wee bit every now and again, BRS.. I gotta go where the ladies are, ye know??

no more blackouts and beins too drunk fer me tho, that's no fun

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breast mewk!

iruletheskool

iruleiskool
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.22
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Couldnt disagree more with this. We have (had) Levante David and Rex. David helped Nebraska win a game (Ohio state) he always played his ass off. And Rex we all know could be one of the best running backs in the nation.

Can only get so far with silent leaders.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. In the real world, setting a good example gets you promoted, but doesn't do much to motivate others.

Holding others accountible for their actions is what leadership is all about, and once you get a few people on board with the same goal in mind the others tend to follow in order to be part of a successful clan. These guys need to be challenging each other in more than Xbox.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How about this for perspective...........Virginia Tech has almost completely shut this Michigan offense down in the first half............and they're not doing it with big physical LB's or anything...........they're simply playing assignment football.