• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Person of Interest

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the show, I am not as big a fan of it as others. However, I think it is deserving if it's own thread...

In the "Hands down" thread, there was a lot of discussion about this past episode, and I wanted to talk about it without dropping "spoilers" in a general thread.

It was an OK episode, but "dream episodes", IMHO, are examples of weak writing and cheap ways of getting footage to show in ads.

Despite that, the last simulation was hilarious. The cop kissing Root, then all the dialogue broken down to its bare essentials were both awesome, even if it was done in a dream sequence.

Is there any question that Shaw actually survived? We didn't see the kill-shot, so I have little/no doubt that she is "fine".

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I like the show, I am not as big a fan of it as others. However, I think it is deserving if it's own thread...

In the "Hands down" thread, there was a lot of discussion about this past episode, and I wanted to talk about it without dropping "spoilers" in a general thread.

It was an OK episode, but "dream episodes", IMHO, are examples of weak writing and cheap ways of getting footage to show in ads.

Despite that, the last simulation was hilarious. The cop kissing Root, then all the dialogue broken down to its bare essentials were both awesome, even if it was done in a dream sequence.

Is there any question that Shaw actually survived? We didn't see the kill-shot, so I have little/no doubt that she is "fine".

Even if Shaw was killed in the last scene it was one of those scenarios that the computer played out like the 3 before that. How about Root and Shaw kissing though?

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if Shaw was killed in the last scene it was one of those scenarios that the computer played out like the 3 before that. How about Root and Shaw kissing though?

I was more than a bit "shocked" that the Machine had no idea Shaw was coming. The percentages was about 1.6% before we saw Shaw, when the percentages shot up to about 60%.

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Sara alot. Got some hot lezzie action last night. Sadly, there is usually something better on during the timeslot. I watched it alot when my dad was in the hospital and I went most every day for 6 months and usually watched it. Last night was nuts, dont know if it was yet another simulation or not.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was more than a bit "shocked" that the Machine had no idea Shaw was coming. The percentages was about 1.6% before we saw Shaw, when the percentages shot up to about 60%.

That's actually valid mathematics... Its called conditional probability...

First there is the probability of whether Shaw would make it or not, but then once Shaw made it, the probability changes... So the probability of her making it must have been very unlikely even though it was possible...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's actually valid mathematics... Its called conditional probability...

First there is the probability of whether Shaw would make it or not, but then once Shaw made it, the probability changes... So the probability of her making it must have been very unlikely even though it was possible...

My point (nit-picking, granted) is that the Machine should have been adjusting the real-time percentages as Shaw made her progress to the shoot-out. Instead, she wasn't factored in until about 4 seconds after she actually showed up.

Again, I grant this is nit-picking. It was portrayed as it was for dramatic effect. I get that.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My point (nit-picking, granted) is that the Machine should have been adjusting the real-time percentages as Shaw made her progress to the shoot-out. Instead, she wasn't factored in until about 4 seconds after she actually showed up.

Again, I grant this is nit-picking. It was portrayed as it was for dramatic effect. I get that.

didn't she say she crawled through tunnels and other enclosed spaces... Don't think there is any cameras there... just defending a show against your unwarranted nitpickings(just joking)...

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, I like I said on the other thread...in terms of network Tv there really isn't even anything that comes close to this show. Obviously cable(past and present) has a boat load of shows but network wise really nothing it close.

I like that this is one show that was willing to sacrifice its killer ratings to evolve and become a serialized type of show. It's one of those where you can't miss a week anymore and no what the shit is going on.

This wasn't a "dream" episode though. What made it brilliant is it actually played into the story of the show. The two creators(Nolan and Plageman) were always against a dream type of episode until this was presented. The show is about the machine, so we were given an in-depth look at how it operates.

As for Shaw. I don't think we are going to know for a while. She will be considered dead but left open to return. Shahi is pregnant with Twins and that's why she left.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is this show on Netflix?

Not for streaming yet. The Dvds are available for rent on Netflix.

It will be going to Netflix streaming in the fall before S5 starts as well as WGN for its cable syndication rights.

jonvi

La Familia Ohana
Hoopla Cash
$ 29,463.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it at first, but am growing board at this point.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I liked it at first, but am growing board at this point.

I'll be glad when they move past the Samaritan part and get back to what they were originally.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First, I like I said on the other thread...in terms of network Tv there really isn't even anything that comes close to this show. Obviously cable(past and present) has a boat load of shows but network wise really nothing it close.

I like that this is one show that was willing to sacrifice its killer ratings to evolve and become a serialized type of show. It's one of those where you can't miss a week anymore and no what the shit is going on.

This wasn't a "dream" episode though. What made it brilliant is it actually played into the story of the show. The two creators(Nolan and Plageman) were always against a dream type of episode until this was presented. The show is about the machine, so we were given an in-depth look at how it operates.

As for Shaw. I don't think we are going to know for a while. She will be considered dead but left open to return. Shahi is pregnant with Twins and that's why she left.

:scratch:

:fap:

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be glad when they move past the Samaritan part and get back to what they were originally.

Personally I am more interested in the Brotherhood/Elias than old man Greer

But going back to what they were originally 1. can't happen they are too deep and 2. would be boring

Also going back to the original is more case of the week stuff mehhhh

the Samaritan storyline isn't lasting this season though. A lot of it may even die out next week.

UVA_Guy81

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely enjoying the storyline and definitely think Shaw is alive. I'm thinking that the bullet you heard was probably shot either at the floor or at the elevator they were in and not at Shaw.

I am definitely enjoying the storyline this season. I know a lot of people liked it more when it was the case of the week like NCIS usually does.

I'm just glad that I have a DVR since Justified is coming back on in a couple of weeks at the same time. Those are two of my favorite shows.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am definitely enjoying the storyline and definitely think Shaw is alive. I'm thinking that the bullet you heard was probably shot either at the floor or at the elevator they were in and not at Shaw.

I am definitely enjoying the storyline this season. I know a lot of people liked it more when it was the case of the week like NCIS usually does.

I'm just glad that I have a DVR since Justified is coming back on in a couple of weeks at the same time. Those are two of my favorite shows.

I just watched the first 4 seasons on Amazon!!! Waiting for S5 to get on prime and I will record all of s6 til it does and then catch up!! Love Justified.

Tuesday nights for last two years has been same issue for me with POI and Sons of Anarchy. Last year I didn't have a DVR working at the time. So I would watch POI live and Sons always did an encore rerun so I could go back to back!!

As for Shaw. It's going to be left in the air. She got pregnant and will be gone for a while they will leave it open for her return. I think the gun shot was from Grice(he former partner on relevant side) and Brooks. If you saw the next episode promo you see the team interrogating Control. I think her team saved shaw and is using her somehow and she will "go away" for a while.

Win TWINS!!!

Least Racist Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ths kiss:

SDGuy73

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,159.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been a fan of Sarah Shahi since The L Word. So hot!! I hope she died, so she can go to a better show. When she join the cast of Persons....I tried watching this show and was bored out of my mind.

Twins, huh?