• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peppers?

stammer78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the signing. I think its a huge reach. He may be a good DE but he has spent his entire career in a 4-3 scheme. Now he is coming to a 3-4 scheme where he will be playing next to Raji who they will move to NT. It will be interesting to see how he does but would have like to have seen the FA money go to a defensive back more so than a DE.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a fan of the signing. I think its a huge reach. He may be a good DE but he has spent his entire career in a 4-3 scheme. Now he is coming to a 3-4 scheme where he will be playing next to Raji who they will move to NT. It will be interesting to see how he does but would have like to have seen the FA money go to a defensive back more so than a DE.

Peppers is still athletic enough to handle the transition and succeed. I've heard a few argue "money better spent on DBs" but today's NFL is all about a pass rush. The rules of the game are so strict in that DBs (outside of Seattle) cant do anything but guess and try to run routes better than the guy who's playing WR. With so many high-powered passing attacks in the league, its all about getting to the QB and not giving him time to air it out. Peppers clearly helps this, thus addressing the Achilles heel for this team.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is is possible they're looking at Peppers as a J.J. Watt kind of 3-4 end? I know that's not what Dom usually does, but maybe he's changing the philosophy a bit? Peppers - Raji - Daniels across the front should be formidable, I would think.

BrockForBroglio

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As others have stated, for the money I like the acquisition. After the first year and 7.5 mil, if Peppers shows he can't handle it anymore, the Packers can let him go.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't argue with Thompson's effort in trying to improve a much beleaguered defense. Personally, I like the signing.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm curious to see how Capers uses Julius Peppers. I would think Clay Matthews and Peppers will always be on opposite sides of each other, but can Peppers play standing up? I kind of doubt he'll be asked to do that at this point in his career, but I'm very intrigued at what he'll be asked.

If there's a year left in his tank, signing him will be absolutely worth it.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think would be interesting is putting both Peppers and Matthews on the same side. That might cause blocking assignment nightmares

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I think would be interesting is putting both Peppers and Matthews on the same side. That might cause blocking assignment nightmares

I should have clarified that I think Matthews and Peppers will play on opposite sides early in the year. I think Capers ability to play them on the same side depends on whether Mike Neal and/or Nick Perry can step up and do some things opposite of Peppers and Matthews

I agree completely, though, the stunts they could run together would be special to see.

T'N'T

L-I-V-I-N
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add Letroy Guion to the D-Line depth. Another NFC North recycle.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allen gone from MN

Are you guys pumped that Allen is no longer with the Vikes. The way he built a career on sacking Packer QBs and all. I,m gad for you guys really. :laugh3: steal my Peppers will you.

packfancjh

Hoopla Cash
$ 403.15
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check Allen's numbers against the Pack last year before you comment. He didn't have a single sack against a rookie last year. Yeah I'm worried:laugh3::lol:. You should be more worried about Matthews and Peppers killing Cutler than trolling here

Last edited by a moderator:

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys pumped that Allen is no longer with the Vikes. The way he built a career on sacking Packer QBs and all. I,m gad for you guys really. :laugh3: steal my Peppers will you.
dude couldn't even sack Matt Flynn, and everybody sacks Matt Flynn.

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You might want to check Allen's numbers against the Pack last year before you comment. He didn't have a single sack against a rookie last year. Yeah I'm worried:laugh3::lol:. You should be more worried about Matthews and Peppers killing Cutler than trolling here

peppers already said he wouldnt pursue cutler.:lol: