• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Pens News/Links

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I look at the season this way...SC champs...living off the high and I am not expecting to repeat.

I will say though, there are a lot of very good teams in the NHL this year and the games have been a pleasure to watch...even better, the Pens are beating these top teams! They are seriously challenging my tempered expectations!

Go Pens!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jake Guentzel gets the call!
So far this call up has been a winner. I love how Sullivan gets the most out of all the call ups. When Sprong is finally healthy it will be interstesting to see how he plays in this system.

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stat that matters most, beyond a nine game sample, is the fact that they stand at 2nd in the Metro, and 3rd in the East. At this point last season, they were much further down the standings. I'm not saying they should feel satisfied with where they are currently in the standings, but it isn't something they necessarily need to beat themselves up over either.

Sullivan is doing a fine job of managing a post-cup winning team to this point. They have room for improvement in most facets of their overall game, but I don't think they've played their best hockey, yet. And I'm fine with that.

I expect, provided they stay healthy, a gradual improvement through the winter, and hopefully a peak by April.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have no worries about them rolling to the playoffs

evolver115

Garage League
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has something to do with the multiple playoff defeats they've suffered at the hands of the Pens, but it always seems that the Sens put forth a little extra in these match ups.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Schultz is really coming into his own this season. He's a completely different player here than he was in Edmonton. Really good work by GMJR and his scouts to pick him up. And he and Ian Cole work perfectly together.

I haven't been able to watch a ton of games this year, but Maatta also seems to be finding his legs again. And if he hasn't, he's playing a smarter game lately to make up for it.

And Hornqvist is clearly very valuable to the team. Save Crosby, no one is better right in front of the net than he is, and he seems to bring out the best in Sid and the powerplay.

On the downside, Geno and Letang have looked rough the past couple games. I'm sure they'll both recover to being the players they usually are, but this has been a problem with Geno all season. Kessel has been carrying the second line, it seems, for the most part. (And he's doing it admirably.)

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The story of 50 years of Pittsburgh Penguins hockey:

This tribute they made for the 50th is beyond words.

Just watch and enjoy! :hockeysmile:
Watched the other day on the NHL network. It was amazing!
The one thing I was surprised is that Dan Bylsma wasn't in it. I know he is the Sabres coach but he had a huge part in their recent history.

Side note to this day Badger Bob's story brings a tear to your eye.

scoutyjones2

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sully

sully.jpg