• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn State 2015 Recruiting thread

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be huge to get a top recruit from Pittsburg and another from Ohio. The staff did well adding depth in the OL and defensive backfield. Now it is time to get some big dogs for both lines.

I was watching Bates HUDL video, that kid was way better than the HS players he was going against. He was staying on blocks 10 and 20 yards downfield. On one play he pulled, engaged drove he kid 5 yards back the pancaked him. Looks like a natural guard the way he was run blocking. For some reason I couldn't view the two kids videos.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be huge to get a top recruit from Pittsburg and another from Ohio. The staff did well adding depth in the OL and defensive backfield. Now it is time to get some big dogs for both lines.

I was watching Bates HUDL video, that kid was way better than the HS players he was going against. He was staying on blocks 10 and 20 yards downfield. On one play he pulled, engaged drove he kid 5 yards back the pancaked him. Looks like a natural guard the way he was run blocking. For some reason I couldn't view the two kids videos.

Bates offer sheet was impressive, he's the real deal.

jenkins previously stated we led before L'OB left, but he had to get to know the new staff. After yesterday, and his reaction to the visit, I'd be very surprised if we weren't in lead. I'm waiting to hear what Jordan Whitehead, the other very high end player in WPIAL, had to say about his trip.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Minkah Fitzpatrick have interest in us? I remember reading something a while ago saying he liked us but recently everything I've read about him, we haven't been mentioned. Anyone have anything?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does Minkah Fitzpatrick have interest in us? I remember reading something a while ago saying he liked us but recently everything I've read about him, we haven't been mentioned. Anyone have anything?

I think he is SEC bound. If we get Reid and whitehead, I'll be more than happy with our CB recruiting. BRandon Wimbush may be a Lion sooner than later as well

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals just uploaded a story about Whitehead and his thoughts about his visit.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivals just uploaded a story about Whitehead and his thoughts about his visit.

just read one on 24/7. They said he's always a pretty quiet interview, but he seemed to enjoy himself. They really seem to have put themselves in good shape with Adam MaClean from MD. He is still tweeting pics from PSU, just put up one of him and Hack from last night

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like everyone that attended had a good time. I think this class has the potential to be very good. Though my one question would be, are we in for any big time 5 stars? I know we're in for a bunch of big time kids that have the 4 stars but are we really in on any top 20ish overall players? I'm sure we'll end up with a good class, but IMO those big time 5 star kids are what makes the difference between a top 10 class and a top 5 class.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like everyone that attended had a good time. I think this class has the potential to be very good. Though my one question would be, are we in for any big time 5 stars? I know we're in for a bunch of big time kids that have the 4 stars but are we really in on any top 20ish overall players? I'm sure we'll end up with a good class, but IMO those big time 5 star kids are what makes the difference between a top 10 class and a top 5 class.

There are not very many 5 star kids out there period. If you land the bulk of your class as 4 star kids, you are doing VERY well. Jenkins, Baker, DeBerry, Settle are all either 5 stras or very close to it, McLean not far off either.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are not very many 5 star kids out there period. If you land the bulk of your class as 4 star kids, you are doing VERY well. Jenkins, Baker, DeBerry, Settle are all either 5 stras or very close to it, McLean not far off either.

I agree, landing a class of mostly four stars is doing very well.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm gonna talk a guess here and say you're talking about Saquon Barkley. Correct?

Indeed I am :suds:

I'll also be shocked if we aren't adding Jake Cooper in the next 24 hours

Last edited by a moderator:

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Penn State just offered 5 Star CB Iman Marshall from Cali

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State just offered 5 Star CB Iman Marshall from Cali

and a few more 4 star OL. No stone left unturned with this staff. Even if the kids don't have a big interest, it gets the name out there and shows they are serious about those areas

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State offered the number one player in the Nation today and he seems excited about the offer, Trent Thompson from Georgia

Also, Cooper would've committed today, but he wanted to keep his word and visit Duke this weekend like he promised he would. He's going to be back on campus Sunday or Monday and will be a Lion. He said it took all he had not to call Duke and cancel and commit today. This staff is full of closers for sure

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saw that Trenton Thompson, a 5 star DT from Georgia just tweeted that we offered. Wasn't just an obligatory offer tweet either, said he was hoping we would offer and wants to take a closer look. Sounds like genuine interest.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were recruiting him while they were at Vandy so he knows the staff. That is also Spencer's area, so he's very familiar with his position coach.

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also offered Roquan Smith. LB prospect

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love the effort. No joke about wanting to be hardest working staff in recruiting.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State offered the number one player in the Nation today and he seems excited about the offer, Trent Thompson from Georgia

Also, Cooper would've committed today, but he wanted to keep his word and visit Duke this weekend like he promised he would. He's going to be back on campus Sunday or Monday and will be a Lion. He said it took all he had not to call Duke and cancel and commit today. This staff is full of closers for sure

Penn State Recruiting: Nittany Lions Offer 5-Star DT Trent Thompson - Victory Bell Rings - A Penn State Nittany Lions News Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

There was a part in the article that really caught my attention and should make the rest of PSU excited!

"According to 247sports, Thompson has been waiting on an offer from Penn State."

Sounds to me as PSU is already one of his top schools!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State Recruiting: Nittany Lions Offer 5-Star DT Trent Thompson - Victory Bell Rings - A Penn State Nittany Lions News Site - News, Blogs, Opinion and more.

There was a part in the article that really caught my attention and should make the rest of PSU excited!

"According to 247sports, Thompson has been waiting on an offer from Penn State."

Sounds to me as PSU is already one of his top schools!

Yeah, he'll be very tough to pull away from UGA, but get him on campus and anything is possible