• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Penn St @ Nebraska 2012 Game Week Thread

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To me Nebraska has become a team that plays better at home than they do away......

I know it was different a couple years ago, but things seem to have changed. I think a couple of years ago we had such a mix of youth and veterans that the leadership was all messed up........so we saw inconsistent results.

What you're seeing this year is a result of experience and leadership. We could easily be a 4-5 team and instead we're sitting here at 7-2 controlling our own destiny.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I completely disagree that NU plays better at home than away.

1. UCLA (half of crowd was red)
2. Wisconsin (home)
3. Northwestern (half of crowd was red)
4. Michigan (home)

Huskers play sloppy everywhere.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably shouldn't forget Southern Miss.

Brasky

Till We Can't Be Beat. WON'T. BE. BEAT.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And MSU wasn't exactly the most hostile environment we've ever seen...

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good luck, guys, but not too good, lol.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, after reading through this thread, I disagree with many of the impressions of this matchup. PSU has run the ball effectively with Zwinak, who's a big, bruising back. He's topped 100 in the 3 of 4 games he's started and has another 94 yard effort where he came in later. Kid is a beast and wears teams down. Also have a good change of pace, speed guy who is good catching the ball out of the backfield in Belton. While mcgloin has been putting up great numbers, the play selection has leveled out significantly after the first game and the offense is much more balanced than some of you seem to believe here. Also, the defense has played very well since the opener. O'Brien is also a very aggressive coach and playing with house money. He will have a very aggressive gameplan and attack Nebraska on both sides.

The biggest concern for me is the health of 2 key players for us. Jordan Hill, one of our best defensive players (DT) left last week with knee sprain and is questionable. He would hurt bad against a team like Nebraska. Kyle Carter, (TE) a Mackey semi finalist as a freshman, missed last week and is a key part of the offense. He is a guy who could do some damage against the Huskers. PSU spreads the ball around quite a bit and will get their yards/points and feeling pretty good about the way the defense is playing. I expect a very good game, neither team winning would surprise me. Hope its an injury free game in some decent weather. Wish I were going. Lincoln is one trip I've always wanted to make. Have heard many positive stories form friends who went.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Penn St's defense has gotten better the last few weeks.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW

:welcome:

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here are the teams that Penn State has played thus far.......

The first number is their rank in Rushing Offense.........the second number is the amount of Rushing yards Penn State's Defense gave up.

There is a pretty obvious correlation here.

Ohio - 19th (175yds)
Virginia - 84th (32yds)
Navy - 7th (255yds)
Temple - 51st (113yds)
Illinois - 99th (74yds)
Northwestern - 13th (112yds)
Iowa - 98th (20yds)
Ohio State - 9th (234yds)
Purdue - 74th (87yds)

Nebraska, ranked 6th, is going to run at will. And because of this, the passing game will be available as well.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.......Virginia, Navy, Temple, Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue..........are really really bad. Really really bad.

Penn State's most impressive game this season has been against Northwestern, without a doubt. But in my opinion, Ohio and Ohio State exposed the same thing that I think Nebraska is going to expose.

I will eat my crow if we end up losing the game.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I will end up being the kiss of death now

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I should know better............any time you try to bring logic and common sense into a Husker conversation, you pay for it when Saturday rolls around and they make you look like a complete asshat.

corn train

Have some of it
Hoopla Cash
$ 76,445.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple of mid 230 lb RB's, Zwiniak has been a beast for us.

That was a jab at MSU and their William Perry bullshit. I really don't see us blowing up anybody left on the schedule, unless Iowa is available, and they are lmao!

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
By the way.......Virginia, Navy, Temple, Illinois, Iowa, and Purdue..........are really really bad. Really really bad.

Penn State's most impressive game this season has been against Northwestern, without a doubt. But in my opinion, Ohio and Ohio State exposed the same thing that I think Nebraska is going to expose.

I will eat my crow if we end up losing the game.

You point to OSU, didn't they hang 63 on Nebraska?? I'd say that exposed quite a bit. I was at the opener against Ohio. Penn state completely dominated the first half and shut them down. They were emotionally drained and you could tell they had nothing left in the tank for the second half. It also the first game under a completely different system. Not the same squad you'll be facing. If you get the crew from the OSU game calling it, I could see a ton of rushing yards. Hell, even OSU alum Spielman was remarking how many holds they were getting away with and every big run Miller had someone was getting tackled who could've made the play. Navy, they run EVERY DOWN and got a large chunk of their yards against backups.....lies, damn lies and statistics :-)

you can call the wins into question, but I do believe that poor Iowa team beat the MSU team that the huskers barely escaped last week. PSU has been much better on D as the season progressed and they've acclimated to the new system. Mauti has been an absolute monster and Hodges has really come on lately. The secondary has vastly improved as well. I guess we'll see Saturday. I'm not saying we win, but I think its a good game and won't be surprised by either team winning. If Hill plays I like our chances a lot more, if not I could see our DT rotation wearing down unless the offense really controls the clock. Either way, I wish i were going and not watching on TV

Last edited by a moderator:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was a jab at MSU and their William Perry bullshit. I really don't see us blowing up anybody left on the schedule, unless Iowa is available, and they are lmao!

LOL, I must have missed that exchange. 260 is even bigger than Bettis played at, that would be one big RB.

I didn't know what to expect when we played Iowa. They had come off a decent win vs MSU and that place has been real trouble for PSU. I knew we'd be alright when our leading WR laid out their DT Hines Ward style early and the offense moved at will. Looks like the wheels have really come off for them.

One thing for sure, you'll see us go for it on 4th down like its a video game :-)