• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Peguero down, Pill up

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quick...
Maybe they figured Pill's bat (right now) is >> Peggs', and it's more than enough to make up for defensive differences (Pill will play LF vs lefties I'm guessing, and PH obviously)? Especially coming to Toronto, which will probably be a high scoring series.

:think:

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will need a DH in those 2 games...

Is Pill's D superior to Belt's? I know they are both supposed to be superior/elite with the glove. I would guess that one will be 1B, the other would be DH...

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was quick...
Maybe they figured Pill's bat (right now) is >> Peggs', and it's more than enough to make up for defensive differences (Pill will play LF vs lefties I'm guessing, and PH obviously)? Especially coming to Toronto, which will probably be a high scoring series.

:think:

1. Pill was leading all of professional baseball in hitting. If you're not going to promote him now, when exactly DO you bring him up?
2. Frankie Peggs (in an admitted small sample size of 16 ABs) failed to impress. He'll go back to Fresno and play every day. He's only 24, so he's still a legit prospect. IMO he's a major leaguer.
3. Pill gives Boch coverage at 1b on days when there is a tough lefty on the mound and he wants to rest MVP.

All in all, this should make us stronger. Guess we'll find out if Pill is AAAA or a major leaguer.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Pill's D superior to Belt's? I know they are both supposed to be superior/elite with the glove. I would guess that one will be 1B, the other would be DH...

Pill is serviceable at several positions with the glove: 1b, 3b, LF...he's even played 2b (no range, but he catches what is hit to him). He'll likely DH at least one game in Canada.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

No way Pill is > at first than Belt. You're right about the DH, hadn't thought of that. I meant Peggs D is > than Pill in LF.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way Pill is > at first than Belt. You're right about the DH, hadn't thought of that. I meant Peggs D is > than Pill in LF.

I would think that as well, but I have heard from mult sources that Pill is elite at 1B as well. That's why I ask.

Nice prob to have, I guess.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a good feeling about Pill this road trip. He'll very likely be the DH in both games in Toronto and bat 8th behind Blanco. Or maybe 7th in front of Crawford then Blanco. But then I think he will probably start a start or two in Colorado if a lefty starts.

I like the move too, because you need to send a message to your other minor leaguers that they won't be forgotten down there. Pill is leading the world in hitting, as tzill said, and if you leave a guy like that to rot in the minors too long it could send the wrong message. These guys are kids, after all.

GiantsPackersChamps2011

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Peguero (partly because I prefer him much more than Torres) but I am ALL ON BOARD for the Pill train!

I LOVE PILLS!!!!!

Mays-Fan

Unhyphenated-American
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,936.29
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Peguero (partly because I prefer him much more than Torres) but I am ALL ON BOARD for the Pill train!

I LOVE PILLS!!!!!

I love the fact that we have a farm system that is actually producing major league level talent. Prospects are emerging with regularity and from every position. Kudos to Sabes and company for righting this ship and giving it the proper attention.

Last edited by a moderator: