• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paxton Lynch, this is your shot.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

no...i make fun of that. its called cincinnati or sky line chili. its gross. dog food sauce over noodles, with cheese on top. theres hot dogs and cinnamon in it, and they call it chili.

crap on spaghetti
Yuck.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,623.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL

no...i make fun of that. its called cincinnati or sky line chili. its gross. dog food sauce over noodles, with cheese on top. theres hot dogs and cinnamon in it, and they call it chili.

crap on spaghetti

Cincinnati, huh? What is that the Andy Dalton version?????

CaptainStubing

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lynch even does halfway decent, he will have the job the rest of the season because the other 2 QB's are horrible.

Jumpman98

GO Broncos-Yankees-Bulls-ND Fighting Irish
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's now or never. This way the Broncos can see if they have their franchise quarterback or go back to the drawing board. If Lynch has a solid game against the Raiders, he should finish the season as the starter. If he stinks it up, then, during the off-season bring in a solid vet / draft a QB.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Lynch even does halfway decent, he will have the job the rest of the season because the other 2 QB's are horrible.

I would say even if he plays terrible he will be given the final 6 games of the season. At this point what more damage could it do to keep him in there? You already know the other 2 QB's are not the future so at least just see if with more playing time he can turn into something.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a quick note to those asking if he is stupid...The answer to that is no. The biggest issue for him coming out of college is he ran one of the simplest playbooks in all of college football. So going from that to a complete manual with option routes upon option routes was never going to be easy for him.

In all honesty I think the Broncos did him a disservice by saying "run our system or else." The young QB's that have found success early on are the ones that have coaches willing to adjust to the talent at the QB position. The Eagles run option routes with Wentz. The Rams have run a lot of spread formations and cut reads down in half. The Cowboys ran some read/option with Dak plus again cut his reads to 1-2 per play. So simple doesn't mean stupid it just means you are trying to give them the best chance to actually have success on the field and play fast. Especially with an athletic QB like Paxton that is the best thing you can do. You want that Athleticism to shine through and use that as an advantage.

Now will he have success I guess we are fixin to find out.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also just a quick note to those asking if he is stupid...The answer to that is no. The biggest issue for him coming out of college is he ran one of the simplest playbooks in all of college football. So going from that to a complete manual with option routes upon option routes was never going to be easy for him.

In all honesty I think the Broncos did him a disservice by saying "run our system or else." The young QB's that have found success early on are the ones that have coaches willing to adjust to the talent at the QB position. The Eagles run option routes with Wentz. The Rams have run a lot of spread formations and cut reads down in half. The Cowboys ran some read/option with Dak plus again cut his reads to 1-2 per play. So simple doesn't mean stupid it just means you are trying to give them the best chance to actually have success on the field and play fast. Especially with an athletic QB like Paxton that is the best thing you can do. You want that Athleticism to shine through and use that as an advantage.

Yeah, that's true. There are very few QBs who pick up the NFL offenses immediately. It's all instant gratification these days with NFL QBs.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that's true. There are very few QBs who pick up the NFL offenses immediately. It's all instant gratification these days with NFL QBs.

People have these ridiculous expectations of young QB's. They want them to have success but look like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady while doing it. They want them to run these complicated pro style systems that just are not feasible but for a handful of college QB's coming out. Plus with the NFL switching to a more athletic style of QB that will mean a shift in style of offensive play.

Right now there are a lot of teams running college concepts in their offense. The spread system has even shown up in teams with pocket passers like the Patriots because it provides easy diagnosis of the defense and if you have a QB that can make quick decisions based on the defense a huge advantage in spacing.

Honestly I do think some of the best offenses in the NFL have been those that keep things a bit more simple so that players can play fast. I woudl rather have all 11 guys knowing exactly what they are going to do on a play but it be simple than so complicated that 2-3 of the guys have no clue what they are doing and the play gets blown up.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
People have these ridiculous expectations of young QB's. They want them to have success but look like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady while doing it. They want them to run these complicated pro style systems that just are not feasible but for a handful of college QB's coming out. Plus with the NFL switching to a more athletic style of QB that will mean a shift in style of offensive play.

Right now there are a lot of teams running college concepts in their offense. The spread system has even shown up in teams with pocket passers like the Patriots because it provides easy diagnosis of the defense and if you have a QB that can make quick decisions based on the defense a huge advantage in spacing.

Honestly I do think some of the best offenses in the NFL have been those that keep things a bit more simple so that players can play fast. I woudl rather have all 11 guys knowing exactly what they are going to do on a play but it be simple than so complicated that 2-3 of the guys have no clue what they are doing and the play gets blown up.

With QBs, you generally try to cater to their skills. Reeves stopped running his ridiculously complicated offense when he got Vick. QBs are smart, but not all of them are geniuses. It's like asking a guy who's only seen fastballs and changeups his whole life to all of a sudden try to hit a Clayton Kershaw curve ball over and over again.

3FTFwKc.gif

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He got an 18 on the Wunderlic test so he's not exactly Einstein.....then again Dan Marino got a 16 so I guess that test isn't completely predictive of success

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He got an 18 on the Wunderlic test so he's not exactly Einstein.....then again Dan Marino got a 16 so I guess that test isn't completely predictive of success

Hey, I scored a 12 and I've had a productive life.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, I scored a 12 and I've had a productive life.
Yeah, Forrest Gump scored a 9 and he accomplished way more than most of us could ever dream of

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos now saying they are going to play Paxton until the end of season to see if he pans out
:L So they let Siemian dig them into a hole, then play Os who dug deeper. Dumb asses. No pun.

Duffman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,535.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Broncos now saying they are going to play Paxton until the end of season to see if he pans out
:L So they let Siemian dig them into a hole, then play Os who dug deeper. Dumb asses. No pun.

It's like you're not even trying anymore. Paxton has been injured since week 3 of Preseason. this is the first game he's healthy enough to start. And the only reason they signed Brock was because of Lynch's injury so if Paxton wasn't injured we would've seen him take over when Brock did.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's like you're not even trying anymore. Paxton has been injured since week 3 of Preseason. this is the first game he's healthy enough to start. And the only reason they signed Brock was because of Lynch's injury so if Paxton wasn't injured we would've seen him take over when Brock did.
C'mon man! Seriously, didn't know Lynch was injured at that point. Honest question, do you think they would have started him if he wasn't? I am shocked how the Broncos have gone into downward spiral. You guys have enough talent on the team. Not trying to be an ass, just did not expect it.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However, I don't care how bad it gets. Paxton Lynch should start all of the remaining games for the Broncos to see if he can improve week to week. If he fails, the Broncos will know that they don't have a QB answer and arguably will have a very high draft pick.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, looks like it's time to start evaluating quarterbacks in the NFL 2018 draft.
Cool thing is that AFCW is wide open. Gotta watch out for dem Chargers.