• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Millsap Introductory Press Conference

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am willing to bet that he won't.

Harris and Murray have a chance to be pretty good. I also like Barton as a role player on the wing. I don't think Mudiay will ever put it together. He just doesn't seem to see the game very well.

If Gary Harris is healthy to start the year (which he wasn't to start last year), it will do wonders for Mudiay. Harris' ability to play off the ball compliments Mudiay's skills extremely well.

Otherwise, it could continue to be a bumpy ride for him.

Barton is a one-year rental at this point. He turned down an extension worth around $38 million in hopes of starting somewhere. It's not going to work for him. He's not better than Harris or Murray and is kind of in no man's land.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He Was UNDER CONTRACT when he asked out. That's the part just about everyone on this board is ignoring.

He never asked out of his contract.

That's the part YOU are ignoring and that everyone else on this board isn't.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because I don't like how George went about his season this year means I can't admit I'm wrong?:noidea:

To all one's own I guess.

No, the fact that you are wrong and won't admit it means you can't admit you're wrong.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He never asked out of his contract.

That's the part YOU are ignoring and that everyone else on this board isn't.

And he wouldn't make a big coop through his agent if he didn't truly want out. Sensationalism sells.

Quite disappointed that once again a thread regarding another team somehow becomes a thread about George...I make a small gag about it and it escalates into something ridiculous.:L

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And he wouldn't make a big coop through his agent if he didn't truly want out. Sensationalism sells.

He didn't make anything out of it. He simply told the Pacers he wasn't re-signing at the end of the the season.

It also looks like the leak didn't come from him.

So, no sensationalism on his part.

The "it was a gut punch" from your FO over the worst kept secret in the NBA to pretend like they were surprised was pretty sensational though.

Quite disappointed that once again a thread regarding another team somehow becomes a thread about George...I make a small gag about it and it escalates into something ridiculous.:L

lol @the "I was just making a joke" defense when you are the one that started all of the crap about PG. You wanted a response and you got it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hey, at least this thread proves that I don't have to rant about Paul George (a.k.a. Me-G 13) in order to generate actual basketball discussion on this board.

Just want to point out that you were the first one to bring up Paul George on this thread.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He didn't make anything out of it. He simply told the Pacers he wasn't re-signing at the end of the the season.

It also looks like the leak didn't come from him.

So, no sensationalism on his part.

The "it was a gut punch" from your FO over the worst kept secret in the NBA to pretend like they were surprised was pretty sensational though.

lol @the "I was just making a joke" defense when you are the one that started all of the crap about PG. You wanted a response and you got it.

I'm getting really tired of talking about George at this point. He's not my problem any more. Lakers and OKC fans will find out the hard way that he's actually a #2 option at best on a title contender. And when W's aren't spoon-fed to him, he'll blame his surroundings - Whether that be the refs, his uniform, or his teammates.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm getting really tired of talking about George at this point.

That would be much more believable if you didn't keep posting about him.

The only thing you're tired of is being proven wrong.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, because I don't like how George went about his season this year means I can't admit I'm wrong?:noidea:

To all one's own I guess.
Okay, Dude...we are beating a deadhorse.

I will just leave it be.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be much more believable if you didn't keep posting about him.

The only thing you're tired of is being proven wrong.

Well last I checked he played for the Pacers last year. In other words, you're claiming you know my players better than I know my players, which you don't. You like George because he's from LA but you don't have the benefit of following his performance through the duration of the season.

And the fact is he's done an awful lot of complaining about his surroundings this past season.
Okay, Dude...we are beating a deadhorse.

I will just leave it be.

At least someone gets it. For those most part, I've largely spent the last couple weeks responding to others' quoting me about George, and those are the ones who in large part want the last word with me.

What am I supposed to do, ignore it? I could, but being the only Pacers fan on this board I take it upon myself to stick up for the organization I root for.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well last I checked he played for the Pacers last year. In other words, you're claiming you know my players better than I know my players, which you don't. You like George because he's from LA but you don't have the benefit of following his performance through the duration of the season.

And the fact is he's done an awful lot of complaining about his surroundings this past season.

Here you are deflecting again. This has literally nothing to do with what I posted. Not one single word of it. How about you re-read the post and if you still don't know how to respond, perhaps someone can explain it to you so you can.

As for me liking PG. I have said all along, I'm a PG fanboy. I was a PG fanboy before he ever expressed interest in the Lakers and before I knew he was from LA. In fact, I've been a fanboy since he had that horrific leg injury and came back to play at an all star level.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some Lakers fans were pretty upset when they heard Kobe Bryant had asked for a trade. My attitude at the time was this: If Kobe wanted a trade - then trade him because no team in the NBA needs a player that does not want to play for your organization. Kobe Bryant was not bigger the Lakers. The Lakers was and still is bigger than any player including Kobe Bryant or former players like Magic Johnson

That's the attitude you need to develop @HurricaneDij39 - Paul George is not bigger than the Pacers. The Pacers is a fine club and they will rebuild, so forget about the Paul Georges and other players that are gone and move on. I am a Lakers fan, but I still wish the best for the Pacers - they have some history that is to be appreciated.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember some Lakers fans were pretty upset when they heard Kobe Bryant had asked for a trade. My attitude at the time was this: If Kobe wanted a trade - then trade him because no team in the NBA needs a player that does not want to play for your organization. Kobe Bryant was not bigger the Lakers. The Lakers was and still is bigger than any player including Kobe Bryant or former players like Magic Johnson

That's the attitude you need to develop @HurricaneDij39 - Paul George is not bigger than the Pacers. The Pacers is a fine club and they will rebuild, so forget about the Paul Georges and other players that are gone and move on. I am a Lakers fan, but I still wish the best for the Pacers - they have some history that is to be appreciated.

Paul George did not ask for a trade and that is precisely the attitude that Dij has aside from the bitter resentment.