• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Paul Millsap Introductory Press Conference

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's playoffs or bust now...Ready or not here come the expectations. I understand there will be skepticism about signing a big-money deal to a 32-year-old player. That being said, this is the veteran presence that's long been missing, and we're well-stocked at PF for the eventual decline in Millsap's production.

At PF, we still have Juancho Hernangomez, an interesting, positionally-versatile prospect drafted with the pick we acquired in the Ty Lawson deal a couple years ago. The Nuggs also added Trey Lyles in a trade on draft night this year for Donovan Mitchell.

Hopefully we could position ourselves next season to not only make the playoffs, but also get a high enough seed to possibly pull off a first round upset (a la Utah this season)...

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millsap is a nice pickup, but I'm not sure what the Nuggets have accomplished other than being good enough for a first round exit from the playoffs, or as you point out, 2nd round if they can pull off an upset.

Having said that, it's nice to see teams trying to improve in whatever way they can rather than just waiting for the Warriors to get old or breakup.

I'm not sure about the average age of the Nuggets roster, or at least it's core. If they're a young team, Millsap could really help with their development.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
average age of Nuggets this past season was 25.1, third lowest in league.

Thanks. Makes the Millsap signing even better, imo. He's just at the end of his prime, so still really good and has enough experience to help develop the youngsters.

The west is pretty tough, so they are likely looking at a 6-8 seed (which is usually where a team doesn't want to be), but with a young roster, they can improve and won't necessarily be stuck for years in 6-8 seed purgatory.

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Mudaiy is probably going to be a pretty good player. Now that he's got a couple years under his belt, I'm expecting a breakout season. Hopefully, Millsap can help the youngsters out.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Millsap is a nice pickup, but I'm not sure what the Nuggets have accomplished other than being good enough for a first round exit from the playoffs, or as you point out, 2nd round if they can pull off an upset.

Having said that, it's nice to see teams trying to improve in whatever way they can rather than just waiting for the Warriors to get old or breakup.

I'm not sure about the average age of the Nuggets roster, or at least it's core. If they're a young team, Millsap could really help with their development.

And hey, at least this thread proves that I don't have to rant about Paul George (a.k.a. Me-G 13) in order to generate actual basketball discussion on this board.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And hey, at least this thread proves that I don't have to rant about Paul George (a.k.a. Me-G 13) in order to generate actual basketball discussion on this board.

No.

It proves that when you actually post about basketball instead of spewing emotional BS people can have reasonable conversations with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Emmanuel Mudaiy is probably going to be a pretty good player. Now that he's got a couple years under his belt, I'm expecting a breakout season. Hopefully, Millsap can help the youngsters out.

I am willing to bet that he won't.

Harris and Murray have a chance to be pretty good. I also like Barton as a role player on the wing. I don't think Mudiay will ever put it together. He just doesn't seem to see the game very well.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Harris and Murray have a chance to be pretty good. I also like Barton as a role player on the wing. I don't think Mudiay will ever put it together. He just doesn't seem to see the game very well.
He may just need a change of scenery, to find the right team for his particular skill set, ala Chauncey Billups.

I'm not giving up on Mudiay yet.

MCW, yes....I've thrown in the towel.

Not Emmanuel.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the other Side of the Wiggy coin.

He wants to play the all knowing aggressor.

But, you make yourself out to be the misunderstood victim of unwarranted persecution.

You both can debate sports intelligently when homerism, nor haterism, is involved.

Unfortunately, one or the other is in play for 75% of both of your posts.

We all troll, we all get blinded by the love for our teams.

But, most of us here own it and have zero issues admitting when we are wrong.

For whatever reason, both of you are incapable of doing so.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a Nuggets fan, unfortunately I agree with you. I do think Murray is going to be good, maybe even very good. Harris, Murray, Millsap and Jokich is a pretty nice four for a core group. I don't think the Nuggets are done yet maneuvering their roster around with the most likely piece to be moved being Faried. He's a fan favorite but doesn't fit the mold of flexible attributes that the Nuggets are building around.

I'd love to be wrong about Mudiay though.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Nuggets fan, unfortunately I agree with you. I do think Murray is going to be good, maybe even very good. Harris, Murray, Millsap and Jokich is a pretty nice four for a core group. I don't think the Nuggets are done yet maneuvering their roster around with the most likely piece to be moved being Faried. He's a fan favorite but doesn't fit the mold of flexible attributes that the Nuggets are building around.

I'd love to be wrong about Mudiay though.
You guys have Chandler and Barton to use as trade chips as well.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not saying much if anything at all.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Me-G 13?:L We all know you're pissed off that George wanted outta Indy. Now a selfish thing to do would have been if he hadn't said anything & played this upcoming season in a Pacers uni & then walked away & your Pacers would have gotten nothing in return.

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure Milsap is enough to get Denver not the playoffs. I think they might be fighting several teams for the last spot. They used to make it hard for the Lakers though so it will be interesting

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me-G 13?:L We all know you're pissed off that George wanted outta Indy. Now a selfish thing to do would have been if he hadn't said anything & played this upcoming season in a Pacers uni & then walked away & your Pacers would have gotten nothing in return.
He most likely wanted to be traded and told them not to waste their time building around him. They failed to that for the last two years and wants a change of scenery. I like to see different things to when I go camping. Change is good

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That wouldn't have been selfish at all. When your a free agent, you have a right to do whatever...He Was UNDER CONTRACT when he asked out. That's the part just about everyone on this board is ignoring.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are the other Side of the Wiggy coin.

He wants to play the all knowing aggressor.

But, you make yourself out to be the misunderstood victim of unwarranted persecution.

You both can debate sports intelligently when homerism, nor haterism, is involved.

Unfortunately, one or the other is in play for 75% of both of your posts.

We all troll, we all get blinded by the love for our teams.

But, most of us here own it and have zero issues admitting when we are wrong.

For whatever reason, both of you are incapable of doing so.

So, because I don't like how George went about his season this year means I can't admit I'm wrong?:noidea:

To all one's own I guess.