• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriot's secondary > Seahawk's secondary?

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just messing with you Wizard. Have fun with your extra duties on the Hoop. :suds:

All good. I had said to the mods that it wouldn't take long before someone said WTF so I was laughing when I saw your post. I know I've ruffled a few feathers up here, but nothing is serious to me. Was just waiting to see who would say something first.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's because those two teams have more Championships than you have fingers. It could also explain why so many Hawks fans have an apparent case of little man syndrome. What's comical is how badly you guys twist everything. ''Russell Wilson is the 10th best QB in the League''. For a 3rd rounder in his 3rd year to be called the 10th best QB in the world would be a compliment to most people, including Wison. To Seahawks fan, it's...''OMG, they had Wilson behind Cutler and Romo, those freaking hacks, no one respects us, they said Russell is the worst QB in the league and we're going 0-16!!!''

Your arrogance is obvious.... It should be a compliment when someone blows hot air at us... lol

seafandoghawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Haven't read through this thread yet, but one of the things that makes the Hawks secondary so formidable is that their best three (Thomas, Chancellor, Sherman) have been playing together as starters for three years. They're all dedicated students of the game, as individuals and as a unit (meaning, they watch film together as well as on their own). They're communication is excellent. And Pete Carroll's scheme explicitly is geared to emphasize what each of them do best. In short, they've developed a cohesiveness together that has been three years in the making and explicitly predicated on continued improvement both on the field and off of it, in a scheme designed to maximize their potentials.

The Patriots (or some other team) may end up fielding the best secondary in the league this year. But the Patriots are starting at a disadvantage in terms of developed experience together as a unit, as well as the fact that both Revis and Browner have to learn whole new defensive schemes in Belechick's system.

gohusk

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not even close. Seahawks have the best FS in the league, the best SS in the league, a top 3 corner in the league (I think he's the best but don't want to get into some argument over it) and Maxwell on top of it. There's nowhere to throw the ball against them.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have the best secondary right now, the pats haven proved nothing while the seahawks secondary is reigning Superbowl MVP. Not sure if Revis is still the elite CB he was before his injury.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard to believe a class act like Richard Sherman doesn't get the respect he deserves:L:scratch:

.......and he isn't even half the douchnozzle that you are UK!

Imagine how little respect a hater dillhole like yourself deserves.

jakedog56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Hawks have the best secondary right now, the pats haven proved nothing while the seahawks secondary is reigning Superbowl MVP. Not sure if Revis is still the elite CB he was before his injury.

I think that Revis will do fine. It is the Browner thing that I have to question.

Browner is great at what he does, which is jamming guys at the LOS and physically punishing WRs, but he can be beat.

When you watch him play, when someone gets past him, they can run away from him. This leads to big gains or PIs.

The truth of the matter is that Thurmond (now with the Giants) and Maxwell (played great last year) are both better cover CBs. Browner makes up for that in other ways but he can be a liability at times.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Agreed. I'm not sold the Revis and Browner will be better than Talib and Browner would have been. Not saying that Talib is better than Revis, just the pairing maybe. Talib and Revis would have been something to see though, too bad oft injured Talib bolted for more garuanteed money.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks are the best until they get unseated from the crown. Plain and simple. I think convo should between Hawks and Denver's secondary. Ward and Talib are a great duo. Plus Denver has 8 out the top 100 players voted by players, so theirs to lose AFC

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Lions fan it's hard for me to understand how after getting the Lombardi, it's respect you'd rather have. Who gives a shit about respect? Scoreboard!

WB1214

Hoopla Cash
$ 802.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll take Seattle, but I'm really interested in seeing how NE's defense looks this year.

At least the article did a pretty good job backing up their statement, though I don't agree with the final conclusion

Mondo Jay

Wine Mafia
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,690.94
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Revis is past his prime. Still good, but not the best anymore.

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't care if the Seahawks secondary is rated first, second, or last. What I do care about is that the title "NFL Champions" follows their name.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pat's improved but to say there pass coverage is as good as Seattle's right now is a stretch... Maxwell is better than Browner and Sherman is the best cover corner right now... Our safety play is the best in the NFL hands down... Earl Thomas is off the chain good.. and we all know what Kam does...

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seahawks are the best until they get unseated from the crown. Plain and simple. I think convo should between Hawks and Denver's secondary. Ward and Talib are a great duo. Plus Denver has 8 out the top 100 players voted by players, so theirs to lose AFC
This is what we're talking about. The Seahawks secondary has gone out and proven they're the best on the field. K.C. Joyner is crowning the NE secondary in fucking July. How about we let the teams play a few games before we go declaring one is better than the other? Especially when one has proven to be better than the other already.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cant even compare this seattles secondary is far superior. Revis is a great player but patrick chung is coming off an injury and when he was healthy it wasnt like he was a pro bowl selection. Devin McCourty is coming off his worst season and Brandon Browner will be suspended the first 4 games he was a physical corner and is good against tall recievers but when he goes up against a good speedy reciever like TY Hilton when he burned him when we played the colts its over.

Its interesting to see how the patriots will playout the names are there but they havent proven anything. we proved that we can smash one of the best offenses in the history of football

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN going out of their way to Troll seattle now! lol they know the fanbase will defend and provide clicks.

I just like to point out something ive found funny.

Seattle players get no love or respect when in seattle but they leave and now their all world.

Browner on seattle, he's just a product of the system, with two great safeties making him look good. He loses his job to Maxwell, and leaves for NE and now he's a reason why NE has a better secondary.

Same goes with other players, Golden Tate, on the hawks, just mediocre, pedestrian really. HE leaves and now a HUGe reason the team can't repeat and without him the offense will die.

Red bryant and Clemons. Their just rotational guys, nothing special on the hawks, they leave and now a huge hole on the line that will sink the hawks ship.

Giacomini- part of the worst line in the nfl while on the hawks, now he left for the jets, a HUGe hole that can't possibly be replaced.

crazy stuff man,

This is SOOOOOOOOO TRUE!

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The 2011 Niners D was better IMO. The Niners didn't repeat. Seattle fan might think about that

you really don't football very well, uk, or at least how to support your opinion.

When it came to playoff crunch time, San Fran gave up 32 pts to the Saints in the 2011 season divisionals and then 20 to NYG.

The 2013 Seattle Seahawks were the 1st team in almost 30 yrs to lead the NFL in fewest points allowed, fewest yards allowed and most takeaways. 2011 San Fran did not. The Seattle Seahawks gave up a combined 23 points in 2 games to two sure fire HOF QB's and greatest O season in history with Denver and Brees.

Based on those FACTS that do not support the 2011 49er defense, your opinion is formed on a twisted obsession with Seattle. At least I can admit that Oakland sucks and is in constant rebuild. Your Cowboys also stink and are poorly run organization. Only difference between us is that you don't know football or how to support your opinion or can admit that Romo is a late game choke artist.

NickTheGreek

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. I'm not sold the Revis and Browner will be better than Talib and Browner would have been. Not saying that Talib is better than Revis, just the pairing maybe. Talib and Revis would have been something to see though, too bad oft injured Talib bolted for more garuanteed money.

I like Talib more because he makes plays that can change a game and Browner is slow and old. Revis is good but another year?

It should be interesting to watch but Revis and Browner are reputation let's write an off-season article and not a forecast of what will come in 2014.