• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patriots release emails showing NFL refused to wipe out erroneous reports early on

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know, for a fact, that the report of the under inflated footballs is incorrect?

Sorry, but the Patriots no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt. That organization as a whole has been caught on more than one occasion trying to skirt the rules, and outright cheating. I have zero sympathy for the Pats, and I tend to believe the NFL on this one.

Cmon Tom can you give us the benefit of the doubt just 1 more time, for old time's sake?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should all get free razors, hand delivered by Bob Kraft. With an apology, for him supporting a culture of lying, cheating, stealing, raping, plundering and deflating. Until then...

I support made up stories leaked by the NFL.

sonnyblack65

Hoopla Cash
$ 40,000.79
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we should all get free razors, hand delivered by Bob Kraft. With an apology, for him supporting a culture of lying, cheating, stealing, raping, plundering and deflating. Until then...

I think you getting confused with the previous owner Victor Kiam who owned the razor company, Bob can send you some paper supplies

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So now it's Hammer's fault that Brady cheated then lied about cheating?

This gets more confusing every day.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I heard Brady threatened the
I think you getting confused with the previous owner Victor Kiam who owned the razor company, Bob can send you some paper supplies
I don't want paper.

Bob can steal the razors if he has to. Its not like he's above such nefarious acts or anything.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgive me for not being up on all the facts of this nonsense, but why would the league have an interest in running Brady and the Patriots through the mud? It's counter intuitive to think the NFL would want to smear it's most celebrated franchise over the past decade. I mean, honestly, what sense would it make? The NFL is about making money, and labeling your Super Bowl champ as cheaters is not in the best interest of making money. Brady was the NFL's Golden Boy for a decade, it seems a stretch to believe that the NFL and Goodell are "out to get the Patriots and Brady" without good justification.

Again, I don't know all the facts, nor do I care, but it seems stupid to think this is some witch hunt without merit.

So you're saying it's ok to have a witch hunt if there's some merit? :) How about a lynch mob? Is that better?

Many are still burnt over the handling of Spygate which was what? 8 years ago? They think the Patriots and Bellichick are arrogant, they think Goodell folded. They think Goodell is weak. Goodell feels he needs to act strong in lieu of him bumbling and stumbling the last few years. He feels he needs to show the league he won't be pushed around by the Patriots.

There's a lot of reasons that when the Patriots go 76 in a 65 MPH zone, others are willing to scream bloody hell while they could care less if it was another team.

So It's not as stupid as it should be.

Many of these are other teams, league officials, players who may not be specifically looking to get the Patriots in trouble but if the opportunity presents itself, it's ok to scream bloody murder and get the rope out. I mean. WHY THE HELL NOT?

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying it's ok to have a witch hunt if there's some merit? :) How about a lynch mob? Is that better?

Many are still burnt over the handling of Spygate which was what? 8 years ago? They think the Patriots and Bellichick are arrogant, they think Goodell folded. They think Goodell is weak. Goodell feels he needs to act strong in lieu of him bumbling and stumbling the last few years. He feels he needs to show the league he won't be pushed around by the Patriots.

There's a lot of reasons that when the Patriots go 76 in a 65 MPH zone, others are willing to scream bloody hell while they could care less if it was another team.

So It's not as stupid as it should be.

Many of these are other teams, league officials, players who may not be specifically looking to get the Patriots in trouble but if the opportunity presents itself, it's ok to scream bloody murder and get the rope out. I mean. WHY THE HELL NOT?

You have a Patriots "fat head" on your wall, don't you? So by your logic, if the Patriots get caught cheating, the excuse "but but , everyone else is doing it" is a valid reason.

On a side not, Leonard Little got to play in the NFL after killing another motorist while sippin on sum scizzer

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have a Patriots "fat head" on your wall, don't you? So by your logic, if the Patriots get caught cheating, the excuse "but but , everyone else is doing it" is a valid reason.

On a side not, Leonard Little got to play in the NFL after killing another motorist while sippin on sum scizzer

An infraction that is normally in the realm of 26 thousand dollars is now a 4 game suspension , 1 million fine and the loss of a 1st and 4th round draft pick?

Normally infractions like this increase with repeated offenses but not the Patriots, because they're arrogant a-holes... Hell 8 years ago they got away with MURDER those bastards!

If the balls were actually deflated under the legal limit in the first place. That's still in doubt.

Of course that doesn't really matter since they reported the wrong numbers and didn't correct them for 4 months!

So what's that called? Planting bad evidence?

If this was a drug trial these guys would walk.

Last edited:

handicappers

FAT STACKS BITCHES
Hoopla Cash
$ 196,499.66
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that if the Patriots were to play by the "rules" (those silly things), then they wouldn't get such a hard time these past few decades. Football in general is a very corrupt sport. One day soon we will here how this game or that game was fixed and most of Hooplans will not be surprised.

My contacts are telling me if Patriots would have been slightly better at said cheating, they might have more SB wins.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking that if the Patriots were to play by the "rules" (those silly things), then they wouldn't get such a hard time these past few decades. Football in general is a very corrupt sport. One day soon we will here how this game or that game was fixed and most of Hooplans will not be surprised.

My contacts are telling me if Patriots would have been slightly better at said cheating, they might have more SB wins.

Sure. Some teams are better at stretching the rules than others..

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do we know, for a fact, that the report of the under inflated footballs is incorrect?

Sorry, but the Patriots no longer deserve the benefit of the doubt. That organization as a whole has been caught on more than one occasion trying to skirt the rules, and outright cheating. I have zero sympathy for the Pats, and I tend to believe the NFL on this one.
Firts no Pat fan wants your sympathy and yes I'm pretty sure I speak for all Pat fans when I say that. What we know is the NFL leaked a report to Mort who reported 11-12 balls were 2# under pressure. From the Wells report we know that wasn't true. So yes I'd say we know for sure. Granted there is plenty of misinformation out there this isn't one of them though.

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You just mentioned Detroit on a slow night.

PatsFan2003

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Firts no Pat fan wants your sympathy and yes I'm pretty sure I speak for all Pat fans when I say that. What we know is the NFL leaked a report to Mort who reported 11-12 balls were 2# under pressure. From the Wells report we know that wasn't true. So yes I'd say we know for sure. Granted there is plenty of misinformation out there this isn't one of them though.

A report that prompted public outrage and spurred calls for an investigation btw. I don't know what you call that but it's sure sounds like a self-serving agenda by someone in the league offices..