• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Patrick Kane

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know once a person get's a reputation for something it's hard to shake. You know what I mean, the Crosby crying stuff and things like that. Yes Crosby did complain a lot but has grown up a lot and I like to judge a person by what they are doing and not from 4 or 5 years ago. I think fans hang on to things a little too long.
Pat Kane has had his problems in the past and he has talked about it and it seems like he has cleaned up his of ice antics. Sooooo with that in mind, is it fair to say he is one of the better players in the league? Is he a Super Star?

Kane is second in scoring this year 19G 25A 44Pts. 8PP goals 5 GWGs, Has score a Stanley Cup winning goal.

Where would you rate him? Top 5?, 10?, 20? just curious to see what posters think of where he stands.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always loved him despite his off the ice stuff. He just plays the game differently than most. He is just a really fun player to watch.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've always loved him despite his off the ice stuff. He just plays the game differently than most. He is just a really fun player to watch.

I didn't want to give too much of my opinion but I like how he plays bigger than he is. He seems like he will go to the "dirty" areas, the slot area and gets banged around and it doesn't seem to intimidate him.

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he is an awfully good hockey player. I would even say superstar. he has the hardward and the pts to put him top 10 in the league for me. I dont hate him as much as I did 2 years ago. :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In my opinion, Kane deserves a lot of credit Boss. I think he has really embraced what it means to be a professional and has taken his game to the next level. It's good to see because an American player in a major market like Chicago can do nothing but help hockey grow in the States.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't want to give too much of my opinion but I like how he plays bigger than he is. He seems like he will go to the "dirty" areas, the slot area and gets banged around and it doesn't seem to intimidate him.

Agreed...but watching him though, it doesn't seem like he really ever gets hit too much. He is really elusive, but he does it without taking himself out of position.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think hes a top 5 -8 player.........

Im biased with crosby as the best........

malkin lord only knows, when hes on hes better than sid, but hes to inconsistent.........sid gets the higher rank for always bringing it....

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

malkin lord only knows, when hes on hes better than sid, but hes to inconsistent.........sid gets the higher rank for always bringing it....

i dont even see it as biased. I just think Crosby is flat out the best.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well alot of ppl say hes a whiner, cryer, cheapshot artist etc............

Hes just good

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Crosby gets a lot of negative attention that he doesn't deserve. People love to hate him because he's good, and that makes it hard for some to give him credit for how good he is. He's another of my favorite players to watch because he's so smart.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh, By no means am I suggesting he is better than Crosby. My question is where is he as far as elite or superstar status.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say Crosby gets a lot of negative attention that he doesn't deserve. People love to hate him because he's good, and that makes it hard for some to give him credit for how good he is. He's another of my favorite players to watch because he's so smart.

You got it ! Sometimes I think the criticism is jealously driven I think Crosby is a great player but people that didn't like him latched onto the complaining or diving. He doesn't do that crap anymore it's history, I'd love him on my team.

oaknightshockey1

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,928.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You got it ! Sometimes I think the criticism is jealously driven I think Crosby is a great player but people that didn't like him latched onto the complaining or diving. He doesn't do that crap anymore it's history, I'd love him on my team.

You and everybody else :lol:

I guarantee his biggest critics would be partying in the streets if it was announced that their team traded for him.

Johnnydollaz89

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,976.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 player in this league, have always said it and I stand by it. Kid is an animal, don't care for any of his off ice bullshit, kid can flat out play.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any off his off ice stuff ever keep him for being considered one of the best? I thought he was always in the running to be Captain America really, although Kessel seems to have jumped past him and Parise

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did any off his off ice stuff ever keep him for being considered one of the best? I thought he was always in the running to be Captain America really, although Kessel seems to have jumped past him and Parise

Yes I do, In a country that is obsessed with reality TV and that type of shit they seem to want the dirt on people and run with it. The accomplishments become secondary and they focus on the bad boy or negative behavior. Controversy makes news and draws attention good work too often is not the focal point. What makes headlines a player getting involved in a skirmish at a bar at 2 am or ten players that donate thousands of dollars and time to charities?

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top 5 player in this league, have always said it and I stand by it. Kid is an animal, don't care for any of his off ice bullshit, kid can flat out play.

That's kind of where I am with it. He is an enormous talent, and does almost everything exceptionally well. And I think the off ice stuff is kind of blown out of proportion a little. I mean, yeah he was a spoiled little punk when he came in. But he is from a USA hockey system that identifies kids much earlier than it used to and he was the best of those kids. Never had any limitations, I'd imagine. You have to be an exceptionally upstanding person not to be a bit of an asshole growing up without anyone ever putting a boundary on you.

To some people (like Boss said in his response to you). I think differently about it, especially now that I am coaching kids approaching the Bantam and Midget age groups. Like I said above, certain kids have great talent and they have no rules whatsoever placed on them. They misbehave. I try not to let my boys do that. A little respect goes a long way. Like today, we were up 8-3 in the third, and I told them to stop with the celebrations and banging sticks on the boards after we scored (and we scored 4 more). One kid asked me why, I just said "How would you like it if we were the 3?" Some of these kids simply never heard that angle before. And this is house and selects. I imagine it's even worse on AA and AAA.

I guess I could just see a much worse set of antics from him happening. It would not surprise me at all. Almost praise him for getting in as "little" trouble as he has.

BOSSMANPC

Harbor Center
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's also good to teach kids that people get a second chance and in some cases do something positive with it. The old "A Leopold never changes it's spots" is old school. People that repeat their mistakes get what they deserve, people that take the chance to better themselves are people that should be used as examples to show the youngsters that all is not lost if you mess up.

JMO